Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New York State Rifle Championship

Our match is sold out and sold out and sold out. We have extended our limited to try and accommodate everyone, I just had to start to say NO! I would like to thank all the 175

rifle shooters that are signed up, we will do our best to give you a great rifle match. All we need now is the 2 feet of snow to melt and we can start to build stages.

175 shooters X 222 min. round count = 38,850 min. rounds fired over 2 days. Average cost of .223 round .30 cents each = $11,655.00 This match should help our economy in the bullet market. Thanks again and contact me for waiting list.

Edited by hockeydadnu27

• 1 month later...
Hey Louie,

Just wanted to get this one back on top of the heap...

Looking forward to the match this weekend! Can't wait for the dark-house (going blind) with rifle fire. First-class match... see you all there!

Bill :D

We have all the stages built and workers and RO's will tweek them on Friday. I can't believe that we had 15 inches of snow in our pits 2 weeks ago. I freeked out thinking this match would be a mud hole. Our pits are in good shape, alittle muddy in spots and soft

but playable. We have a great match built and i am very excited about our stages. Hope for SUNNY weather and bring a good flashlite,

Thanks Louie

What are the range conditions, Very muddy? Looking at the forecast it looks like rain Friday through Sunday.

What can be expected? Is there any cover?

Trying to decide if I am making the 5 plus hour drive or just skipping it.

Thanks for any help

I shot the match 2 years ago in the rain and mud. It was fun and definitely worth the 3 hour drive. However, when I got home, my wife insisted I got undressed in the garage. No other promises were made. If it ain't raining, you're not training.

we may have muddy conditions, but have tarps for cover and its very playable. I just got back from range and its great right now. We have only showers expected at 40% for weekend. Our match will be a great time with or without mud. I promise you, you won't go away disappointed.

thanks Louie

Just for the record, I think that I still have some mud inmy gear, either from this match or a North Carolina match. Both locales have been known to be a bit wet, but hey, where else can we play in the mud like we were kids again?

Jim, muzzle control, Norman

Well we got pounded with rain at a biblical rate down here.

How bad was it up there in Maine?

May have bail out, I already lost one of my 3 man crew (bailed out).

So much for splitting fuel expenses.

Well we got pounded with rain at a biblical rate down here.

How bad was it up there in Maine?

May have bail out, I already lost one of my 3 man crew (bailed out).

So much for splitting fuel expenses.

I just got back from workers and RO's shooting today. we had a great time. some of the pits alittle wet about very playable. Weather looks good finally for our weekend. we are ready for a good time. bring on the shooters.

thanks

LOuie

Louie and Crew,

Well done.

Muddy but fun.

Jim

Louie,

Well done indeed --- I had so much fun, that the DQ couldn't even put a serious damper on it......

I can't remember the last time I got that muddy --- and I can't wait to do it again! Thank you so much, for all the effort you and your crew put in.

Louie,

Great Match. But, that Indiana Jones stage . . . Louie, buddy, I think the wife

needs to give you a little more attention at night. lol. :D

Congratulations all of you, for a great time. :P

Mike

Louie & crew did an excellent job with this match. Very good stages, low entry fee plus lunch. It's one of the best rifle match on the East Coast. I'll be there again for next year's event. As far as the weather was concern . . . practical rifle requires practical weather <_<

Here's some photos from the Match:

Looking up the range road

Towards the bays

Shooter's briefing

Stage 3 video

Edited by Mig

I feel if the match were pushed back until the end of May up there, It would be a lot better.

Or call it a tactical challenge instead of a Uspsa style rifle match.

Tactical challenge anything goes. Deal with it.

Rifle match should be a shooting contest not hampered by hazardous conditions.

It is a nice set up and the crew really puts a lot into their match and I Thank and applaud them for this.

But rain every year blows.

Miq

Can not view your video. it says it is a private video and requires a Friend invite.

Edited by KAL

United States PRACTICAL Shooting Association. Mud is pretty damn common which makes the ability to shoot in it PRACTICAL! Doesn't really matter the weather the top guys will still find a way to win, might just come out a little dirty! Good match as usual except for Louie and has adventure sack??? Wow were there some funny looks during the reading of the stage description!!!

It was a great match, I finally got all the mud off my boots today, and was really glad the ride home was in my buddies car. I think the mud really adds character to this match, you just have to step gingerly. The wet muddy conditions made trying to activate that see-saw target on the Indiana Jones stage interesting to say the least. Plus all the geysers and chunks of mud going up from rounds impacting the ground was awesome. My buddies and I will definitely be there next year. We were squad 5 and shot on saturday.

regards,

Luis

Edited by Luis Leon

Yea the geysers were a nice scenic addition to the match! Except for a bit of mud on Norman’s camera at the Garand stage it was kinda funny to get plopped with some mud a few seconds after someone shot at the targets near the pickup. :P

Again-Thanks from all of us Jersey guys for putting on a very classy and fun match! :lol:

Hope to see ya at our Scatergun classic in August-app should be up in a week or so.

Regards,

Dave

Excellent match!! The range conditions are typical of any northern range during the 5th season of the year....MUD SEASON :) The job done on stage construction was awesome, with just the right amount of sadism thrown in. I look forward to attending again.

For those of you that did not Get Louie's email, he says the scores will be out by the weekend.

Enjoyed the match Louie. Nice job to you and your club!! Looking forward to that 2nd long range rifle stage next year.

Best,

Nick-