Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are Your Club Matches On Saturday Or Sunday?

ExtremeShot

Nearly all our various matches at Richmond are Sunday matches. I don't know why, but perhaps part of it is that we have a dedicated range where props can be left out. We practice AM Saturday (I'd guess people might also like the idea of warming up for the next day's match), and the CRO's for the match have all afternoon to build the stages for Sunday.

Here in Southeasern PA, Topton and Guthsville shoot on Sunday, Southern Chester County shoots on Saturday and Ontelaunee does not shoot USPSA, they shoot IDPA. If we cross the River into the Peoples Republic of New Jersey, Central Jersey and Old Bridge Run their matches on Sunday. I do not know when USANA Shoots. All of the match directors do a great job.

Right now in Central North CarolinaI shoot at Sir Walter Gun Club the 1st Saturday of the month, Range 14 the 2nd Saturday of the month, Ant Hill (Steel Match) the 2nd Sunday of the month, Ant Hill the 3rd Sunday of the month, so both. There are more options in the 4+ hour drive range, but right now my dedication keeps me within the 2 hour circle on the map! :D

Edited by CDRODA396

I don't want to turn this into a heated anti/pro-religion discussion, but having mostly Sunday matches sure makes it tough on a guy/gal who wants to shoot USPSA and also wants to go to church (and set an example for his kids) on Sunday. I really hate having to make the choice every Sunday...and it's not an easy one! :)

Darren

Around here the seems like you could attend church any day of the week, not just on Sundays :o

Amen Brother, Everybody has to do what they gotta do. I limit my Sunday matches to about one a Quarter and Church the rest. Fortunately I have one match within 60 miles of home that has Saturday matches.My .02 worth.

Our club shoots our matches on Saturday, as does one of the only other two within 100 miles or so. The other one shoots Sundays, unfortunately. I won't hardly skip church to shoot a club match so I never make it to that one club. I will skip to shoot major matches, though. To each their own, right? :)

North Tennessee Practical Shooters runs a monthly match on Saturday and Sunday.

This way you can shoot either day, it's your choice.

We also have a second gun match immediately after the first on both days.

If you wanted you could attend both days, shooting 1st and 2nd gun which would allow you to compete in four different divisions in a single weekend.

Seems to work out well.

Tony

Edited by tlshores

Here in Southeasern PA, Topton and Guthsville shoot on Sunday, Southern Chester County shoots on Saturday and Ontelaunee does not shoot USPSA, they shoot IDPA. If we cross the River into the Peoples Republic of New Jersey, Central Jersey and Old Bridge Run their matches on Sunday. I do not know when USANA Shoots. All of the match directors do a great job.

I have wanted to make the Southern Chester county match, but for me, Saturdays are much harder to make.

Of the the five USPSA club matches that are 2 hour or less driving distance, 2 - Sundays and 3- Saturdays. But then there are 2 additional Sunday matches at unaffiliated USPSA stlye clubs close by.

Two clubs shoot Saturday, two Sunday. The Sunday clubs seem to draw better than the Saturday clubs; especially during youth sports season.

Youth soccer around here is huge and it seems like every family has at least one kid playing. Saturday matches thus conflict with soccer.

The only viable solution I can see is that we stop having 5 day work weeks and 2 day weekends. We need 2 day work weeks and 5 day weekends. :P:D

• 3 weeks later...