Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Mississippi Classic - Level 3 State Championship

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All three of us have the flu!!!!! I hope to be better to shoot Fri.

Don't even think about breathing in my direction!!!!! :D

James, If I even think you are breathing in my direction, you can pack your bags, cause you will be DQ for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. :D

You are good enough that even I can say you don't need to be infecting anyone. How many re-shoots did you wangle last year? :P

Edited by Bwana Six-Gun

The match is over and the results are posted on the USPSA web page. We had 148 shooters and each one sent 250+ rounds down-range. When all was said and done, we only had 2 DQ's and one shooter that didn't make Major on the chrono. Every shooter that came through had nothing but good things to say about the match. The RM was bored, because he only got called twice for calibration and not once for checking a target. The weather was perfect, and everyone seemed to enjoy out eclectic prize table. :P:D

I hope that everyone that came will tell their friends and shooting buddies so that next year we can push the limit of 200.

This is the first year that I have actually gotten home before dark on the final day.

John Heiter as Match Director is awsome! Mark Young (Un-official Assistant) was equally great.

The competitors were incredible. No stage ever had to ask for help in taping or setting steel, because of that we were always at least an hour ahead of schedule.

For those of you that didn't make it, yo misse a geat one. Next year will be even better. Same weekend, same great crew.

Hope to see you there.

Pat DeBerry

BWANA SIX-GUN

Fantastic match. Thank you match staffs for the great job. Congratulation to the winners.

If you can promise the same weather,I guarantee you will the number of shooters you are asking for <_< .

Great to see a bunch of smiling faces I don't get to see very often.

The match was run as smooth as any of the best I have shot( except for my own part :wacko: )

Had a good time, with good folks.

Thanks John and all others who deserve it!!!

congrats to the winners

Hopalong

John does an outstanding job. He and his very skilled crew make this match a pleasure to compete in, going so far as to have snacks at the stages to keep the competitors going, and even a hay ride to get from stage to stage. When asked for suggestions for next year, no one could come up with any to improve the match.

My thanks to John, and all the Magnolia team. A real class act.

Very nice match John. You planned good weather, good turnout, good refreshments and snacks at every stage(even healthy for you), efficient RO's, good lunches and even limo service between stages. Can you ask for anything more???

Yes, a repeat next year! Bravo!

Racine

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the nice comments. The crew works very hard every year to make this thing come together and I think it really showed this year. We've still got a few weak areas to work on (more sponsors, better prize table, etc.) but we've been focusing on the quality of the shooter experience. To me that means good quality stages with the right blend of speed shoots to field courses, avoiding unnecessary physical challenges or gimmicks that put some shooters at an undue disadvantage, and doing whatever we can think of (and that our budget will allow) to make things easier and more pleasant for the shooter. Shade tents and benches on every stage, drinks, snacks, hand sanitizer in the porta-pots, the tractor trolly, etc. along with friendly and courteous RO's all contribute to the sort of fun, relaxing atmosphere that we are trying to create. I'm already looking forward to next year when we can incorporate some of the great suggestions we've gotten to build on this year's success.

John