Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ohio Section Championship - 2007

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and for the NROI staff we had dinner with Friday night at Roosters : :cheers::cheers::cheers:

All I have to say is beware of the Georgia boyz!!! :bow: See ya at Area 6 next year... ;)

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 :sick:

It was a friggin' drive by kegging...Georgia-Style!!!! Damn terrorists.

Hopefully a few dozen pitchers of beer didn't cause any performance issues on Saturday, if so my/our sincerest apologies, :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I especially want to thank Frandoc for looking over my little accident victim after she finally caught a car! The peace of mind you gave me was...er....um...precious? :)

Ca ne fait rien.

Always a pleasure to be of service to a K9 friend, and very happy that it really was minor. Give her a belly rub for me.

The pep talk and kind words on your part were greatly appreciated.

FT

"Ca ne fait rien"

???

I can only assume that's fancy talk for "Hey dumbass, don't let your dog run loose around a buch of cars!" :) :)

(I sure hope I'm done doing dumb sh*t. It's very tiring. :) )

But Yeah, she's doing great. A slight, tiny limp at times, but getting less every day. I keep telling her she doesn't have to fake injury to get fed, but she liked all those scraps she got at the match.

SA

Ca ne fait rien.

French idiom; literal translation: 'it makes nothing'. Conversational French would be 'de rien', pronounced "dhuh ree'-enh" (slightly nasal).

American translation: 'no problem', or 'it was nothing'.

It was great to see everyone!

I especially want to thank Frandoc for looking over my little accident victim after she finally caught a car! The peace of mind you gave me was...er....um...precious? :)

And to the open competitors: Enjoy it while it lasts. :)

SA

Glad to hear the dog is just fine. Frandoc let me know the "patient" was gonna "make it" a few days ago. I like to think I had a little hand in that. It was my aspirin your poochy pal got. I don't know if you've received Fran's bill yet but you can just go ahead and mail me the $5.00 bucks! LOL!

(Kidding of course!)

It was cool to get to finally meet the famous Steve Anderson! :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Classifiers are in, but not yet paid for (fwiw, anybody can look up the status of classifiers on the USPSA website).

I'll be sending the plaque info out to Manny (He has been in Tulsa and I didn't wnat to hit him up the minute he got back).

When looking at the Classifier Status page for the Ohio Section match .... at the top of the page it says LEVEL II when the match was promoted as being LEVEL III.

I wonder if that has anything to do with why only 1 classifier was uploaded. Level II matches are only permitted to have 1 classifier.

Could just be a simple type-o while entering scores.

It might also be that Flex was being tricky to cut down on potential sandbagging. Without knowing which one is going to ultimately be used as the "official" classifier for the match, someone would have to 'bag both and would then lose out on a chance to place well.

What say you, MD?

In 2005 both classifiers counted (El Pres. & Raw Deal). In 2006 1 of the 2 classifiers was set-up incorrectly, and did not count. I fully expected both classifiers to count this year.

But on the other hand .... what Mark said may be true. Also since each classifier has to be paid for ..... it could have been planned to turn in only one to keep the cost down.

Of course all this is speculation until we hear from our illustrious leader B)

Of course all this is speculation until we hear from our illustrious leader B)
Both classifiers will be sent into USPSA. As a level III match, we can send in two classifiers. In addition, I expect the Production scores for the match will also end up counting as a classifier.