Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Public Challenge (again)

hopalong

Well as most of you know, I offered a challenge for all of last years USPSA Revolver Nationals attendees to bring a second this year.

Well, I have been thinking and now have decided to put my $$$$ where my mouth is...

I have decided to donate a Smith & Wesson revolver by random to a participant of the 2007 USPSA Revolver Nationals at Tulsa.

Here are the details.....

I will "purchase" a Smith & Wesson Revolver to be given by random drawing at the Nationals in Tulsa. The "winner" will be responsible for shipping and any other fees to or by thier FFL holder.

The revolver to be given away will be: For Revolver Division only..........

If 50 participants..................a 4 inch 686 :)

IF 75 participants..................a 5 inch 625 :D

If more than Production division..........a Performance Center 627 in .38/.357 :wub:

Yeah, I hear ya........"but there were only 33 last year".

So get out and beat the bushes while slots are available from the sections and the waitlist. ;)

The gun will NOT be available at the National match, but arrangements will be made to get it to the "winner".

NOW.................

Get OFF your ASSES and get some more Participation!

(any one else want to put their money where their mouth is, is also challenged to do so) ;)

Hopalong

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Issue in doubt for me. The cost combined with scheduling conflicts (two state championships surround the Nationals this year) may, MAY, preclude me from attending. Trust me, I want to go, but it's going to be difficult this year.

Providing I can get a slot I plan on shooting, and finishing ;) , this match.

Challenge accepted....

I would like to throw something into the pot, too, Sam. Don't know what yet but it won't be anywhere near as cool as a gun. You the man! B)

Sam,

Thank you for so firmly supporting the sport. B)

I have already gotten my tourist information for Tulsa. I plan to go for 'RevO in OK'.

Since Keith is raising the bar by attempting to complete all the stages, I shall cast aside my sponsorship for this match, potentially bringing fully loaded ammo for this special event.

Edited by aerosigns

Since Keith is raising the bar by attempting to complete all the stages, I shall cast aside my sponsorship for this match, potentially bringing fully loaded ammo for this special event.

We are definately throwing caution to the wind. :lol:

Ok folks, I had an E-mail from a forum member saying that they would toss in a Ben Franklin along with the S&W. What is really cool is the forum member is not even a wheelgunner, but thinks what I am attempting (more Participation in Revo Division) is a good thing.

So thanks where appropriate (I didn't ask If they wanted to stay unknown so I'll leave it at that for now) and get out and beat the bushes for more wheelgunners........

Sure would like to buy a 627 that I will never get to shoot!!!!! ;)

Hopalong

• 4 months later...

Update:

Same as before for the gun..........

50 or more a 686

75 or more a 625

More than Production a nice shiney new 627!!!!

Here is the kicker......

Keith and John Heiter (Mississippi Classic Match director.........YOU had better go next year folks) have each tossed in an extra Ben Franklin :)

Bob Perdue is tossing in a set of grips, and one of his BELTS to go with it.

SINCE this is a challenge to get the number of shooters up, IF we fall short of the goals listed unless otherwise all "GOODIES" will be returned to their gracious donors so I hope you got out and beat the bushes.................

We'll see in September.

Now to go clean my Benny Blaster for the last time for a while, and maybe break out the 625 for a little rust removal. <_<

Hopalong

Well as most of you know, I offered a challenge for all of last years USPSA Revolver Nationals attendees to bring a second this year.

Well, I have been thinking and now have decided to put my $$$$ where my mouth is...

ents will be made to get it to the "winner".

NOW.................

Get OFF your ASSES and get some more Participation!

(any one else want to put their money where their mouth is, is also challenged to do so) ;)

Hopalong

Ill throw in 15 moonclips to the winner. Dave B)

Awesome! If I could get a slot and time off and money for entry fee...I'd shoot revolver. I'm not even sure how the slot thing works to be honest. I don't think any of those "ifs" will happen for me, but I think that's great that Sam & everyone else are doing this! Wish someone else in these parts would shoot revolver at a USPSA match. I'm the lone 6 gunner when I take mine out. :(

All right....I am going to ask the question.....how do the slots work...If I wanted to shoot, how do I get a slot?

Go to the USPSA web site and put your name on the waiting list. I'm guessing that the waiting list is pretty long by now. I'm not sure if there are any slot available.

Just visited the nationals web site and as of 7/3/07, there are a few slots left yet to be offered. It also appears that there are more people on the wait list for those slots to be offered. Get your name on the wait list - it doesn't hurt.

Now, the question I need to answer is - Do I shoot Revo?

Edited by racerba

All right....I am going to ask the question.....how do the slots work...If I wanted to shoot, how do I get a slot?

I don't have a clue really about all the different ways you can get a slot but I put my name on the waiting list a long while back. I was about #157 on the list. I was/am pretty sure the odds of me getting a slot are slim but guess what...I have just recently dropped to like # 78 on the list practically overnight. I guess I better save some vaca!

41mag

1) Win your Division (with 20+ attending that match) at any Level III Match. Area Champs, Mississippi Classic, etc...

2) Win one thru a Club/Section. Each Section gets a # of Slots as per their Mission Count (1 shooter in 1 match=1 Count or x2 if a classifier). So many Counts= so many Slots. It's up to the Section to determine the method of distribution. Either to individual clubs or thru a Section Point Match Series. They must follow their procedure as stated in Their By-Laws.

3) Sign up on the Wait List and pay $25 extra if you get there.

4) Beg the President of USPSA who has 20 Slots to give out.

5) Oh yea, you can like win the previous years Nationals, I think it even goes down thru the top 16.

It is always best to plan a year in advance to try and score one for the next year.

1) Win your Division (with 20+ attending that match) at any Level III Match. Area Champs, Mississippi Classic, etc...

2) Win one thru a Club/Section. Each Section gets a # of Slots as per their Mission Count (1 shooter in 1 match=1 Count or x2 if a classifier). So many Counts= so many Slots. It's up to the Section to determine the method of distribution. Either to individual clubs or thru a Section Point Match Series. They must follow their procedure as stated in Their By-Laws.

3) Sign up on the Wait List and pay $25 extra if you get there.

4) Beg the President of USPSA who has 20 Slots to give out.

5) Oh yea, you can like win the previous years Nationals, I think it even goes down thru the top 16.

It is always best to plan a year in advance to try and score one for the next year.

OK....Next question....is it a good match.....Compared to Steel Challenge or the IRC or Bianchi....remember, I haven't been to one, and if Hop has to give away guns, just to get people to shoot, I have to wonder.

Mark :rolleyes:

OK....Next question....is it a good match.....Compared to Steel Challenge or the IRC or Bianchi....remember, I haven't been to one, and if Hop has to give away guns, just to get people to shoot, I have to wonder.

Mark :rolleyes:

From an overall standpoint the IRC is top of the line. It has good shooting, a great setting, fantantastic location , has a better prize table, and is just downright fun.

The Nationals has better stages, more challenging courses of fire, and a great new range in Tulsa with easy access compared to before.