Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is Michigan The Top Idpa State ?

MichiganShootist

While I'm not "ragging" on any other state... Who can match the participation in IDPA of Michigan? I'm betting no other state can come close. I called IDPA HQ in R-Kansas and they wouldn't tell me how many members we have in the state--- But:

We have 16 active IDPA clubs.... and a quite a few of them draw 50 - 100 shooters at their normal monthly matches.

Our state championship match is generally filled with shooters at least 6 months before the event... and the stages are of national match quality and difficulty.

There is an IDPA Area Co-ordinator.... Just for Michigan.

In 2007 we will host two sanctioned Regional Matches... plus the state championship.

The Great Lakes Regional May 12 - 13

The Up North Classic July 28 - 29

The IDPA State Championship on September 15 - 16

So what state is the leader in IDPA?????????????

BTW-- Check the IDPA www site for information on the sanctioned matches ;)

Just off the top of my head, I would venture that Texas would give you a good run for your money. we have at least 4 regionals and a state match. There are over 7 clubs just in Dallas and Houston. We can shoot IDPA 4 days a week every week with an average of 6 matches a week here in the DFW area. I just wish I had thought of this game :lol:$$$$

Well we may not have as many clubs, but we must be a lot smarter. :P The average winter temp in Alabama is 54 degrees. Today is going to be what we call a "killing cold". It is only going up to 48 degrees. :lol:

My wife and I shoot an IDPA match every weekend - two on one weekend. Two are 90 miles away, one is 85 and our home range is 1 1/2 miles.

Well we may not have as many clubs, but we must be a lot smarter. :P The average winter temp in Alabama is 54 degrees. Today is going to be what we call a "killing cold". It is only going up to 48 degrees. :lol:

My wife and I shoot an IDPA match every weekend - two on one weekend. Two are 90 miles away, one is 85 and our home range is 1 1/2 miles.

FL :wub:

Shoot every Tuesday Night,Thursday Night,Friday Night{1 mile away)

Shoot every weekend Saturday and Sunday if you want within a hour's drive

52 weeks a year.

:wub::wub: Fl.

pat

52 weeks a year.

pat

Any houses for sale in your neighbor hood ?

I want out of this -10 wind chill.

Finally getting another club within an hour of me though :D

52 weeks a year.

pat

Any houses for sale in your neighbor hood ?

I want out of this -10 wind chill.

Finally getting another club within an hour of me though :D

SURE ARE,COME ON DOWN :D

BOY ITS GOING TO BE COLD TONIGHT FOR THE SINGLE STACK MATCH(65) :D

I've made fun of "snowbirds" all my life... but the older I get the wiser they look.

Especially now that my Super Senior "status" has effectively eliminated my ability to do many of the Winter activities, like ski and snowmobile, that brought me to the North woods in the first place.

I spent a number of years in Houston... so I know all about REALLY HOT weather. Here you can't go outdoors and play for 3 months in the Winter--- there you can't go outdoors for 3 months in the Summer.

I can state there are a lot of folks Crazy about IDPA in michigan... the cold sure does support IDPA.. i mean talk about encouragment to wear a cover garment!

WV and Southern ohio used to be HUGE with lots of clubs everywhere.. but the tide has turned it seems keep up the good work you michiganies.. or is that michiganders?

There are some things you just have to put up with in Alabama. We hope to be the first in our neighborhood to have indoor plumbing. Gets a little nippy during the winter months.

Joe,

Is that a picture of the stage you'll be running at The Alabama this year?

Yes, that is the start position. In the match you start with your pants down. Here is the Scenario: You are seated on the pot when several bad guys break into your house. Stand, turn and retrieve your gun from the top of toilet. While retreating engage bad guys in tac sequence and priority. Pants must stay around ankles.

Joe

I actually shot a stage like that last year up here at a regional match.

The club built an out house without a back. The starting position was seated on the throne (it was a real one) pistol on a shelf on either side of the shooter... and magazine in hand (Guns and Ammo--- I think)

At the buzzer kick open the door retrieve pistol and shoot while sitting a popper and two drop turners. Then stand and do a retention reload before leaving the "house" to finish the stage.

They didn't make anyone drop their pants... and people looked a little silly with their 511 vests on in the out house.... but it generated some good laughs.

Sorry guys,

Hartford-Springfield reigns supreme.

@ S&W -

S&W IDPA WinterChampionships (filled in minutes)

(36) - (3) stage indoor matches/yr including all flashlight & BUG - over 1000 shooters/yr

@ HGC

07 New England Regional IDPA Championship (filled in days - 6 months early)

07 CT State IDPA Championship

(7) - (5) stage outdoor matches/yr

TOTAL - (3) Major matches + (42) club matches

I've never heard anyone brag about outhouses before but, yeah, we got those - (functional & nonfunctional....) . Along with cars, rowboats, pick-up trucks, vans, motorcycles, planes, bicycles, shoot houses, dark houses - you name it.

Keep trying, you'll get there...

Craig

Edited by Bones