Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6 In. Fat Free Options

ken hebert

Let's pretend that you're about to send Benny Hill a pile of money and have him build you one of his wonderful 6 inch fat free limited blasters... What would you want on it? What slide cuts, what portions milled out, ect?

I ask because I'm about to do just this and wouldn't mind a few opinions, so please and thank you.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never shot one, but absolutely love the concept and the looks. Personally, I would trust the Jedi Master and just tell Benny to have at it and build it as he thinks best.

-br

No matter what you tell him, no matter if you send him the exact part(s) you want on it, you are going to get what he thinks is best.

And it is going to shoot great, and you are going to love it :)

Alex

I have a 5" Fat Free that is my favorite .40 of three SVs I have. The slide is about 10.5 oz and fast. Bennie said to run a 12 lb spring with a buffer but I run a 14# w/o the buffer and like it better. The front sight returns ASAP!!!

I have come to prefer the cocking serrations right in front of the ejection port and not farther foward on at the rear.

Let Benny figure it out, tell him you want it fast, flat and pretty, and that every bit of weight he can get out you want out. After that, just wait for it to come in. He did a 5" for me that has been complimented everywhere I have been with it, great looking gun.

I've shot a bunch and if I didn't love my Brazos gun so much I'd get a 6" from Benny. Just let him build it with an idea of what you're looking for. I have an AR that Benny built and I just gave him the concept and what I had to have. From there it was all him and it turned out spectacular!!! My M2 that he built for me is the best shotgun I've ever shot...period.

You can't go wrong with him. Gotta get my hands on one of his Open guns now, to figure out how he does on them.

Rich

6 inch guns Rock! Tri-top the slide with bullet style lighting cuts up front . Also get the bottom portion of the slide cut out where the guide rod goes. You will never shoot anything else once you get it. Good luck.

6 inch guns Rock! Tri-top the slide with bullet style lighting cuts up front . Also get the bottom portion of the slide cut out where the guide rod goes. You will never shoot anything else once you get it. Good luck.

Obviously you've never seen a Fat Free gun and how much material Benny removes.

Rich

Obviously you've never seen a Fat Free gun and how much material Benny removes.

Rich

Why don't you look at my avitar and tell me I have never seen a FAT FREE Gun. Better yet why don't you come over and look in my safe. I believe that the orignal poster was asking about options and I was simply describing what I have on my 6 inch blaster.

Well for what its worth the "features" you described are standard Fat Free afair and note that I can't see most folks avatars as the internet here sucks ass.

I apologize for any offense, but we've had some yucks on the boards lately.

Rich

Benny is going to build that gun mostly with the parts he likes to use...the ones he feels are best. However you do get to choose and or specify things like trigger length and conture, the hammer STI or Koenig ,the safties and if you want ambies or not. Also the grips make sure you get the grip treatment that Larry does for him they are excellant. Rear sigths can be race cut if you want. But other than those things Benny is going to build it his way. Atl east that is how mine was done last summer. Slide to frame fit was the best and smoothest I ever felt and that gun runs 1oo% . It has not choked one time and it has been shot a few times this winter in below freezing tempetures.

EVERY GUN is DIFFERANT but THEY ALL RUN!!!! :D

I was squaded with Dick Burkhart on Saturday. He shoots a Benny 6" fat free. One stage was a hoser and Dick figured a way to do it about second faster than the rest of us. That 6" gun started running .15 splits (or less) and didn't miss a lick! Now Dick is a really fast/good shooter but the gun has to work right too. He rarely has trouble with his Benny guns...

I was squaded with Dick Burkhart on Saturday. He shoots a Benny 6" fat free. One stage was a hoser and Dick figured a way to do it about second faster than the rest of us. That 6" gun started running .15 splits (or less) and didn't miss a lick! Now Dick is a really fast/good shooter but the gun has to work right too. He rarely has trouble with his Benny guns...

AND...it was in the high 30s. We used some pretty thin oil to keep the guns running!!!

Link to oversized picture: http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/imag.../STI_Alex_1.jpg

This is an older 6" Fat Free, as won at the 6th Texas Limited. Easy to remember; custom serial number ;)

My first STI of...ah...about ten. Still my favorite Limited gun, even though it jumped me about ten percent (the sand fell right out of the bag, darn it...) :)

Hmmm...now that I think about it, BPowe "borrowed" that pistol right before I left for the Middle East...although it didn't help him enough at last year's TX Limited <_< Batteries must be low :P

Alex

Link to oversized picture: http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/imag.../STI_Alex_1.jpg

This is an older 6" Fat Free, as won at the 6th Texas Limited. Easy to remember; custom serial number ;)

My first STI of...ah...about ten. Still my favorite Limited gun, even though it jumped me about ten percent (the sand fell right out of the bag, darn it...) :)

Hmmm...now that I think about it, BPowe "borrowed" that pistol right before I left for the Middle East...although it didn't help him enough at last year's TX Limited <_< Batteries must be low :P

Alex

Geez that sure is a plain jane fat free gun...yuck

From what Benny and I talked about that plain one above is just about what I should end up with. No uber-cool paint job on the frame though. Fixed rear sight and I believe the guide rod tunnel should extend all the way to the end of the slide. But I may be wrong there, guess I'll see in May...

Mick, your gun is a 5in Version of Alexs 6in. You are both out of date and need new guns.-------Larry

Ken, Alexs gun is older bull barrel gun. The newer guns are bushing barreled and the tunnel will extend all the way to the muzzle, but will have a lighting cut in the tunnel. Will be a nice one. Bet on it.------Larry

IMG_0048.JPG

Edited by lkytx

Call Benny to talk dollars.

Benny makes uber reliable guns that are extremely accurate, hold their value well, and shoot absolutely lights out. Well worth the money IMO.

EDIT: his trigger work is the best I have ever touched, just incredible triggers that last.

Edited by HSMITH