Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Difference Between Trubor And Grandmaster?

glockadict

I was considering getting an open gun later this year, and was looking at the Trubor, and the Grandmater. I don't see many differences between them. The obvious is the trigger and finish but I don't see a whole lot more. Can let me know what the differenced are? Thank in advance.

I spoke to Brazos in December about a Grand Master in 9x19. They did not have one in stock but recommended I get the Trubor (it was in stock) and haved them hard chrome it. I would save about $300 (if my memory is correct). They indicated that only difference would be the fancy slide serrations on the Grand Master. If I wanted the grip in a color other than black, they could do that also.

Since I wanted them to make a dovetail cut for a slide racker, it would actually save me more since the Grand Master slide would need to be re-hard chromed after it was milled.

You might want to give them a call with your questions.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

But the Grandmaster has the color inlay in the slide. That and the serrations cost big bucks don't ya know. As far as the extra QC after test fire, you could buy from Dawson ( Biased plug here ) and he will do the test fire and QC and do a better job IMHO.

Go for the Trubor with an Ice Magwell and get it chromed

• 3 weeks later...

both come with the standard STI magwell. the Grandmaster comes with a steel magwell (about 5 oz.???), the tru-bor comes with an aluminium magwell (about 1.5 oz.???).

...FWIW i like the Dawson magwell the best, i think its a little bigger than the STI.

dont know about the SVI.