Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My First Clean Match

timamal

My first clean match was so weird.

My gun broke. I spent the whole match trying to get old reliable to go bang when I hit the switch. And I didn't know what was wrong with it. Fought it through 5 stages. Found multiple parts broken when I got home. Details of the match and the gun teardown here.

Congrats on the clean match. For me it was a barrier I needed to break through and couldn't figure out how to do it. Now that I've done it, I know how to do it. And I've done it again.

I have had a lot of no penalty matches but none with all A's. Heck I remember very few stages with no dropped points. Great goal, but I think 95-97% of points is more in line. At least for me.

I think that new shooters come in two types ... the ones that learn to go fast first and learn trigger control later, and the ones that learn trigger control first and then slowly gain speed while keeping the hits. I personally learned trigger control first but don't know which way is better. I am told that there is some evidence that learning speed first might be the preferential method. I guess that the end result of learning both is the common goal.

I have had a lot of no penalty matches but none with all A's. Heck I remember very few stages with no dropped points. Great goal, but I think 95-97% of points is more in line. At least for me.

I think that new shooters come in two types ... the ones that learn to go fast first and learn trigger control later, and the ones that learn trigger control first and then slowly gain speed while keeping the hits. I personally learned trigger control first but don't know which way is better. I am told that there is some evidence that learning speed first might be the preferential method. I guess that the end result of learning both is the common goal.

I'm one of the guys that went fast from the beginning. I don't think its really whether one is better than the other as a blanket statement. I think it all depends on the shooter and their attitude. For me speed was the way to go. Last yr I worked on accuracy and made improvements and this yr is going to be the same thing. I plan on doing group shooting off the bench and freestyle alot. I have no doubt if I tried to go slow and accurate in the beginning no way I would be where I'm at now.

But thats another topic............Like Speedy Seevers said nice job on the clean match.

Flyin40

Tim,

That is great!!!

:)

Way to go !!!!!

:D

I was able to go to the A-8 last year on a pretty short notice. I had not been shooting much at all and a clean match was the primary goal. I managed the clean match, and won Revlover division. I'm sure that had I not shot a clean match especially the first half of the match things would have turned out different.

One clean match can and will lead to another, then another, then a clean major.........you see where I'm going with this. ;)

Good shooting.

Hopalong

What are you trying to say about the MD of that match Flyin40 ?

No-Shoot Crazy ??? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Incidentally, I had two matches (well, ran the same one in Prod, then L10) without any penalties! Go go Gadget weak hand :)

I wish i could have a clean match...though i managed to win A class in limited with only 3 mikes ;)

to me a perfect match is winning every stage...and ive done that once at a larger club match...quite a few times when i started and NObody in my area was shooting production

Congrats on your clean match..keep it up!

Harmon