Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

After Markets Sights And Holsters?

midvalleyshooter

I am considering a Sevigny Competition sight set, I like the deep notch on the rear sight and the tall narrow front sight, pics are here, (great pics Chris:):

http://www.cpwsa.com/warren_sevigny_sights.htm

The front sight looks kind of high. Can I expect it to drag on my Uncle Mike holster? Do any of you use this sight? If so what kind of holster do you use and how does it work?

Thanks,

Keith

i've been using it since last year with:

a cr speed glock model holster for competitions.

a blackwhawk serpa holster for daily carry, no drags.

at first i had the plain black front sight, i switched to fiberoptic last nov. no problems.

I suspect you will get some drag with the Sevigny front with the Uncle Mike's holster as there is no large, well defined front sight track in that holster. Had one situation with a .285 tall front on a G34 where the gun would go in the UM holster, but the sight would catch the bottom lip of the holster as the gun was drawn and hang up, actually preventing the gun from being drawn from the holster. Would suggest another sight combo if you're set on the UM, or more preferably, a holster with a defined sight track.

Edited by cpty1

I have Dawson FO front and rear on both my 34 and 35...love them!

I have Dawson FO front and rear on both my 34 and 35...love them!

Oh yea..I also have Blade Tech DOH & Paddle and a Comp Tac paddle for my 34 and 35.

The BT just site in te bag now...I really prefer CT product over BT products. JMHO

Hey, Just a quick ?. I run nights sights because I shoot comp alot at night with my group. I was looking at this web page and liiked Sevigny tritium on tritium, and Warren tactical tritium on tritium. Have any of U fellow Glock shooters tried or our using these sights? Im running Meps right now but boy both of these sights look alot nicer and seem to provide a better sight picture? Please let me hear some feed back on these sight. Always looking to up my game in my comp shooting. THX, Brent.

I have a.300 high Dawson front sight on my G34. I was getting drag on the sight channel on my first DOH, so I ordered another DOH. Just ask them to make the sight channel 1/8" deeper than normal and you will have no problems. There's an area in the web site order form that you can type the requested alteration in.

The special request didn't add any time to the order either.

Hey, Just a quick ?. I run nights sights because I shoot comp alot at night with my group. I was looking at this web page and liiked Sevigny tritium on tritium, and Warren tactical tritium on tritium. Have any of U fellow Glock shooters tried or our using these sights? Im running Meps right now but boy both of these sights look alot nicer and seem to provide a better sight picture? Please let me hear some feed back on these sight. Always looking to up my game in my comp shooting. THX, Brent.

WildWest N AZ, I run a G17 with a plain Warren Tactical rear and his tritium front sight. I replaced a Warren fiber front sight for this setup. I like it a lot even though the tritium front post is not as thin as the fiber optic front. I set up my G34 the same way except I used the plain Sevigny Competition rear sight. The single dot really draws my eyes to the front sight however I do not shoot in a lot of low light or dark settings. I prefer the Sevigny rear / tritium front setup.