Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2002 Infinity Open

• 3 months later...

Does anyone out there know:

A.  How the shooting format will be laid out (3 half days, 1 full day, etc.)?

B.  How the hell to contact Dave Uchida or at least get a return call?

I've got a rematch with Robbie and Taran scheduled for that weekend, and I can't find out if I'll be able to shoot Sat & Sun.  (I've heard rumors of a three-day format)  I know some people are getting this priviledge.  Anyone got any decent contact info for Dave?  I'd hate to waste this plane ticket.  

BTW, YO!  TRAVIS T!  drop me an email, or call me about the rental CIZZY!

(703)550-7699

Phil

I have emailed Dave and got fast responses. His email is on website. I talked to guys at SV table at Nationals and he said we shoot all 3 days

Doesn't leave a lot of time for fun in Sin city.

http://www.infinityopen.org

Erik Warren

My girlfriend is going but we could probably still give you a lift to range. Booking flights Sun night.

Thanks for the reply.  I've emailed and called Dave several times.  Oh well.  I'm just going to send my stuff in and show up.  We'll see what happens.  If he doesn't let me shoot, I'll just be able to talk about how lucky Rob was that I couldn't shoot!  (yeah right!)

Thanks for the emizzy, Tomizzy!

Phil Strizzy

Erik

I sent you an email a week ago?? I won't be much help with a ride. Sorry. We are making it a vacation with a schedule.

OPEN!! Its me and you( and probably 25 other A Open) at Sin City. Course you know what I am shooting :)

Bill, no problem with the ride... I switched hotels and got a ride.

Yeah, I'm a different kind of animal in Open... Noticeably slower, but I'm an Alpha machine, 98% points or better. I hit swingers, I call my shots, I rarely tag no-shoots, and I tear up steel. The farther the targets, the better. And my gun and mags are running well. I just hope the tortoise strategy can work against the hares.

It just kills me to see Phil talking about shooting Limited with Taran and TGO. I really want to chase those guys. But until I figure out why I can't call my shots with iron sights at big matches, I'm going to have to play in Open.

Jon,

Why would TGO shoot Open? Just because TJ is shooting Limited?

TGO just eclipsed TJ's "Triple Crown" with a "Quadruple Crown". (Factory Nats win, Race Nats win, World Champion and IDPA Nationals all in one year.) Iron sights seem to be working well for him this year. Don't you think he'd stick with a winning combination?

Quote: from Storm on 2:08 pm on Oct. 8, 2002

Jon,

Why would TGO shoot Open? Just because TJ is shooting Limited?

TGO just eclipsed TJ's "Triple Crown" with a "Quadruple Crown". (Factory Nats win, Race Nats win, World Champion and IDPA Nationals all in one year.) Iron sights seem to be working well for him this year. Don't you think he'd stick with a winning combination?

Add to TGO's 2002 accomplishments the Steel Challenge in both Open & Limited, and, of course, the Single Stack Classic.

(Edited by Bill Schwab at 2:28 pm on Oct. 8, 2002)

Erik...

The answer is right there in your post.  It has been in many of your post.  I see it, because I often suffer the same fate.  You are trying too hard to go fast when shooting Limited.

"I really want to chase those guys. But until I figure out why I can't call my shots with iron sights at big matches..."

I figure you already know that.  I know I did.  It sure is tough to wrestle those inner demons that keep saying, "faster...faster...shoot faster".

SV NOT required. Any USPSA legal pistol is fine.

They are recognizing L10/Pro/O/L according to the App., but I would ask MD about that. I do not know that bit of info for sure.

(Edited by BSeevers at 3:39 pm on Oct. 11, 2002)

I can bear with the time difference between Vegas and Eastern Standard.... but this is getting ridiculous!!  They did not post daily scores as promised, and still no final results.  I want to see this level of sponsorship create the premier IPSC event in the country, but we need to have results in a timely manner.  

PS - Where are the top guns?