Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 2 Desert Classic

I'm thinking of dusting off the foo-foo gun to shoot A2DC, as I've crashed and burned horribly there the past two years shooting Limited. The clincher would be if they have an all-divisions-combined prize table. Do they?

(I know they do all-divisions-combined for the shootoffs. Lame!)

My ammo always makes Major. It's the chronographs that are the problem.

Actually, I'm bringing my last 550 N320 loads (180 PF) to the RaceGunNats. After that, I've got several more pounds of Clays (162-172 PF, randomly) to burn up in Limited. It would be funny to return to the scene of the crime with the same load.

The Desert Classic has always had two prize tables in the past, Open and Limited. I don't know if they have the thought to split that into L10, Production, and Revolver yet. (I think they should)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm on the verge of sending in an entry and making reservations. I can't decide between Open and Limited, and I'd like to join a BE.com squad. I'm afraid benos will mock me if I show up with a foo-foo gun.

BSeevers, will you be there? I'd like a rematch.

is this going to be fun...

I'll be there shooting Open, unless all three of my open guns somehow get broken between now and then..  Should benos mock me, well, I'll have to haul out some pictures from my old Sierra handgun loading manual...

Dunno what squad I'm on, but if somebody's planning to be going from the Country Inn to the range Thursday afternoon, drop me a line.  My ride to the range doesn't get in until after dark.

(Edited by shred at 8:08 pm on Oct. 22, 2002)

The match looks good.........weather will be great, I hope, because I live here and hate the cold.   Kelly, you will surely kick some ass shooting open.   Just stay away from L10...........I already have enough competition.    

Steve H

I am not man enough to shoot in L10.  The awesome recoil of the .45 ACP is too much for these lawyer hands. Besides, I've finally got the 9X23 working so I've got to shoot a match with it.

The weather is looking good!  I believe there are over 40 guns on the prize table.

Erik, I hope you get in.

Anybody up for a trip to Four Peaks Brewery during the match? Steve is driving  :-)

Just got an email today saying that the match is full, with a large waiting list, and a offer to refund your match fee if you can't make the match.

Boy am I glad I sent my entry in early!

Question: I only have three classifiers as of right now, so I will not have a classification for the match. Do they still throw unclassifieds into A class?

Bill M.

Holy crap! I just got a message from a good friend in MI, Matt Davis, which said he'll be coming in on Thursday for the match. I guess I missed the deadline... I've been so busy working and moving for the last couple months I just haven't had time to think of anything else. But, I'll definitely be hanging out, checking out the action and hopefully meeting up with you'all.

My hair is a bit shorter, so you may not recognize me...

;)

Kelly,

Have you ever been to the Rio Salado brewery, just outside of Quadalupe? Best beer, ever - all of it. But Four Peaks still rules in the food department though.

be

I've had Rio Salado beers in a bottle but I've never been there.

FYI to all Desert Classicists,  there will be a happy hour on Friday Nov 8 at Four Peaks Brewery celebrating my birthday and my leaving the Maricopa Co. Attorney's Office.  there should not be too many lawyer-types and all shooter-types are welcome.