Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot Qualifier At Rio?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nasty little wind/dust storm in the phoenix area. Rains following on afterward.

It might be time to check weather forecasts and think about raingear. I have not yet checked to see what is expected on the weekend.

Edited by Viggen

Saturday expect sunny skies and a high of 85

Sunday mostly sunny and temps in the high 70's

:)

I wonder if Steve will let me sign up at the match. Ah, he'll take

my money.

Jim

For those checking in late, here is some additional match info:

8 Stages, 109 rounds.

There was open squadding on Saturday, not sure if they will repeat for Sunday. Approx 30 people shot Saturday and another 30 due on Sunday... at least that's what I heard. We started shooting just after 9am and were finished by 1pm.

I shot badly, as usual... :(

Athena and Debbie both shot very consistently, it's an aiming match with lots of tight angles and partial targets. Sheryl busted an extractor on the biggest stage of the match after firing 2 rounds :(

Max, Travis and the army guys were shooting Saturday as was Taran Butler. No idea on interim scores at this time. Just arrived back in Boulder... US Airways let me on an earlier flight.

TOUGH TOUGH match! Interim results had Max leading in Open with K.C. Eusebio 4 points behind. I believe Travis T. was leading Standard. Things may definitely change today since Rob L., Ron A., Manny B., Ted P., and others shot today. Angus, Matt M., and some others were shooting Production today also. Holy crap it was tough....did I mention that already? There were only maybe 75-80 shooters and half seemed to be GM or M. I pulled a He-Man and shot a SS .45 in Standard.

Does anyone know where the results will be published. Just curious to see if I finish dead-last. :unsure:

Don't worry, Paul... I think that was the worst I've ever shot. Slow times and lots o' penalties do not bode well... <_< I wasn't feeling well and didn't think it would make me feel better to throw up in a port-o-potty... so I waited until I got back to the hotel. icon8.gif

I've been much more ill before and pulled myself through... but I just couldn't overcome feeling ill this time. I'm so disappointed in myself. :(

I had no energy... didn't even shoot any video.

:(

Don't worry, Paul... I think that was the worst I've ever shot.

Misery loves company.. :unsure:

I wish I had some video of me shooting some of the stages. I am sure I am doing something technically different than what I normally do. I NEVER have problems finding the dot but at this match it was happening on every stage. I think I have my head in a different position (maybe up my ass! :))

I need to get my confidence back now... it just took a hammering at this match. :(

Hope you're feeling better, Sharyn

I NEVER have problems finding the dot but at this match it was happening on every stage. I think I have my head in a different position (maybe up my ass! :))

Thanks Steve and Paul! I'm thinking it was a combination of different food than I'm used to, too much drinkie (?) and working stupid night shift.

If it's any consolation... Eva and I were having a terrible time finding our dots too. Just too many awkward positions maybe?

If it's any consolation... Eva and I were having a terrible time finding our dots too. Just too many awkward positions maybe?

That could have been it... I usually extend my arms a lot, a low mount docter sight lets me do that, but there were only a few stages where that was possible. The angles through the ports were so tight.

Perhaps it's time to re-evaluate my stance.

RIO staff has been in touch with me regarding results. They scored the match using EzWinScore V2.2x rather than the just released Version 3.0 (that has added proper support for IPSC matches).

They used USPSA divisions as a temporary "hack". I have provided some assistance in converting the database to Version 3.0 format with the proper divisions, and sent it back to the match staff about an hour ago for follow-up, so I expect "proper, IPSC rules compliant" results will be posted. I have been told that those registered in "Limited 10" were actually "IPSC Modified". I assume, but have not been told, that those registered in "Limited" were actually "IPSC Standard".

It is also worth noting that, as an IPSC match rather than a USPSA match, USPSA classifications are not used so everyone, or nearly everyone, at the Rio match should appear as "U" in the official results.

I am not match staff, so I can't speak for the match - I'm just providing some assistance with post match data massage.

RIO staff has been in touch with me regarding results. They scored the match using EzWinScore V2.2x rather than the just released Version 3.0 (that has added proper support for IPSC matches).

They used USPSA divisions as a temporary "hack". I have provided some assistance in converting the database to Version 3.0 format with the proper divisions, and sent it back to the match staff about an hour ago for follow-up, so I expect "proper, IPSC rules compliant" results will be posted. I have been told that those registered in "Limited 10" were actually "IPSC Modified". I assume, but have not been told, that those registered in "Limited" were actually "IPSC Standard".

It is also worth noting that, as an IPSC match rather than a USPSA match, USPSA classifications are not used so everyone, or nearly everyone, at the Rio match should appear as "U" in the official results.

I am not match staff, so I can't speak for the match - I'm just providing some assistance with post match data massage.

Rob,

Make's sense! Thanks!

Later,

Chuck

I was just bein' funny, I know Rob is a BIG L10 fan / proponent (Howdy from the Lim Nats Squad Rob, ahmemba me?)

Anyhoo. Reading the results it's apparent that.

There's strong, and then there's AMU STRONG!!!! :P

I would imagine that we are going to be hearing about KC for a long time. Us folks out at Norco were hoping for puberty to distract him but no such luck.. :rolleyes:

Good Job, KC!

Later,

Chuck