Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weather So Cold

bountyhunter

• 2 weeks later...

I have almost give up on shooting open in the winter time...hell you can go to bed in texas and its 60 degrees out, wake up in the LOW 20s...your at the range trying to strip out all of the oil in your gun just trying to get it to run.

for really nasty, cold butt-nasty weather, i still have my limited glocks to fall back on..they run and run and run.

wonder what a 40 degree temp shift does to your power factor? thick gooey oil and lower power ammo could be hurting reliability more than we know.

Harmon

I just did a couple of hour practice at 8 degrees and -15 wind chill. My para ran fine although it was really gummed up with TG residue. My 165's chrono'ed at 1015 at 40 degrees and were around 970-980 at this temp. The high is not supposed to get above zero for a week. Anybody know if that overgrown rat :P saw his shadow so we can get this sh*t over with.

This is a very important lesson for all of us who carry concealed firearms... know what lube works on YOUR gun when you have wo wear a parka :)

as for competing that cold.. why would anyone do that.. i'll stay home and dry fire.. now watch me for some dumb reason end up in the cold assed weather. shooting.

Went over to some friends last night the temp was -16 and we are just in Western WI. North of here about an hour and it was close to -30 below from what someone said at church. For those that have not expierence that kind of cold it can literally take your breath away. I end up coughing a lot because my lungs are pissed.

Man the cold just SUCKS. I wont even attempt to go to the range, by the time I set up a couple targets my hands are numb. Much less shoot and load mags.

What I wouldnt give for 40 degrees and some sunshine.