Eerw

eerw

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good match today..weather was great for the 1st part of January.

Club is switched to palm scoring..fun watching all of us learn some new technology.

Knee is killing me right now..some IB and some ice, then some heat to ease up the pain.

shooting was pretty good today..made one huge mental mistake..miscounted a target, resulting in a unexpected slidelock, but stayed in the game.

also a pretty good jam..failure to extract..again..stayed in the game..and recovered myself alright.

My realization this year..is that I won't be able to shoot many, if any matches outside of the club..finances will require staying close to home. so my goal is to work on the techniques, experiment with some new things and see what happens.

good to see friends in this new year. Good shooting with you all.

Edited by eerw

I think my most frustrating thing right now is the pain in my knee and in my hands..
Look on the bright side. After enough time chronic pain becomes the norm and you won't even notice. :cheers:

Are you going to Area One?

not sure what I will be able to shoot this year....you going?? be nice to shoot in ID again..haven't shot there since I left Boise.

• 3 weeks later...

been a slow start. but that's alright.

shot an indoor match last night. first stage was not great. gun had a feed malfunction. which was a result of a weak magspring.

second stage was melody line. I was shooting limited minor and was able to squeak in an 86% according to the classifier calc. I ran the numbers in production and it would have been a 99%. oh well picked the wrong division to shoot, but nice to know.

l

I seen you battling the jams on the first stage. That didn't look fun at all. I wish I would have seen you run the classifier stage, it sounds like you tore it up!!!

yeah..I actually just spent sometime trying to diagnose it. looked like some weak magsprings not feeding the round up fast enough. switched some things around..and all ran amazingly well after that

Match on Sunday..

weather was decent..six stages. had a great time.

what a hoot..picked up a Smith M&P 9mm saturday night..got to the range and had time to function fire two mags..one of 124FP load and one of 147FP load..could hit a 12inch plate at 50..so sights were close too.

had a lot of fun..running a new gun in a match..first stage tried to get used to the sights and trigger..and the mag release is in the wrong spot..battled with that throughout the day. did some trigger yanking which resulted in two misses on some midrange partials..

Highlight. was able to get a stage win in the combined results.. stage was a mandatory reload so pretty much a level playing field.

good stuff..love learning a new gun..

...and the mag release is in the wrong spot..battled with that throughout the day.

Nah. Your thumb was in the wrong spot. :D

:roflol:

I changed out the med grip to the small grip..and all it better now..

so off to work with this gun a little more..

...and the mag release is in the wrong spot..battled with that throughout the day.

Nah. Your thumb was in the wrong spot. :D

:roflol:

I changed out the med grip to the small grip..and all it better now..

so off to work with this gun a little more..

Stu - I went to the large one on mine. Funny how the CZ fits both of us, though. ;)

Of the three M&Ps I have (one each 9x19, .40 and .45), there's been one jam among them out of 6k+ rounds.

what a hoot...

the open gun ran smooth..what fun...shot the two stages..and commented to my friend that my shots were low..causing a couple of misses into hardcover. He thought about it, and said he had recently switched the dot module.

go figure..guess I better go verify POA/POI :roflol:

eerw> You have quite a following at WP, which is cool. You can tell when you have a malfunction or something that jamms you up during a stage because a bunch of people are like "aww man!!!". I think its because they want to see your full stage smoking wickedness in action. Its always great watching you shoot, keep up the awesome work!!! Watching you shoot the stages keeps me nice and humble :unsure:

pulled the trigger saturday.

fun match..weather was nice..a little cool, but nice.

had the open gun again..interesting to note what skills I had lost pertaining to the open gun..as compared to shooting my production gun. really found myself focusing that dot in. things got a little smoother as the day went on. Dot was actually sighted in..and I am still tweaking the gun, load to suit me.

ended up getting squadded with Glenn Higdon, Ron Avery. nice to see how smooth these guys are.

Shot open today up..weather was great. 72 shooters today.

really pushed today to shoot more moving and flowing through the stages than planting in one place. felt a little clumsy..and shot a few more Ds than was necessary..but did well on 4 of the 5 stage.

my stage that went bad was strange.. straightforward classifier, my airgun runs were good, wasn't lost had a plan.

shot the first shot..and everything went blank. not sure where I got crossed up..but just went blank.

recovered for the next stage..and that was that..

oh yeah..

pulled the trigger..things are smoothing out a bit on movement and transitions. need to tighten up the shots on target, score more points.

felt a lot better moving through the boxes moving the dot target to target.

picking up some good pointers from Glenn Higdon and picked up my cool bolenized big stick from Glenn.

another match on Sunday..need to sit at the press. :D

Actually shot a practice last night..good to be out..but a lot of work to do this spring.

switching platforms for short time to experiment around with some things.

got a tricked up M&P and in dryfire it feels and indexes pretty good.

this practice I noticed that I am really gripping the heck out of this gun..doing so is causing me to pull my shots right. shooting a target at about 15yard..the group is pushing right about 3-5 inches..if I relax the grip..the group comes back to center.

hoping this week to get a chance to work on my grip and grip pressure on this gun.

• 1 month later...

a month of craziness...hoping things settle into a rythem again..

back shooting a CZ..had a chance to get one set up..sighted it in today. all seemed good, probably get this back on the bench again, but will wait to see how it settles in.

an indoor match tomorrow night..loaded some ammo and worked a little with the gun. looking forward to getting out and shooting.

more tomorrow.

fun match last night..felt good to break a little of the rust off..

short box movement, had to stuff a reload between four boxes. good practice.

two 24rnd stages, 4 boxes. one lowlight, all partial targets.

dropped too many points.. 2Ds and a bunch of Cs..

need to work on keeping the gun still for the second shot and call it.

weird malfunction on the second stage.. gun didn't go into battery, cleared the round, didn't go into battery the second time. thought I might have something stuck in the barrel. dropped the mag..cleared the gun again..this time it fed. 15 seconds later..continue on.

anyway..first match for this gun..so will keep an eye on it as practice and matches continue.

Thanks to the crew at Whistling Pines GC..good match that always runs smoothly..

weird malfunction on the second stage.. gun didn't go into battery, cleared the round, didn't go into battery the second time. thought I might have something stuck in the barrel. dropped the mag..cleared the gun again..this time it fed. 15 seconds later..continue on.

anyway..first match for this gun..so will keep an eye on it as practice and matches continue.

Thanks to the crew at Whistling Pines GC..good match that always runs smoothly..

If I may...

Check breach face, make sure rounds can slide under extractor easily. Check mag springs...

If I may...

Check breach face, make sure rounds can slide under extractor easily. Check mag springs...

thanks Shay..

I will double check that again..