Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eerw

eerw

got some time to shoot an indoor match..everything felt good. sight was there, shot aggressive, reloads smooth. Not too much to complain about..just need to shoot more like that.

tried to shoot a match on saturday..but wind was blowing..and they cancelled the match after the start. I got half a stage shot but a wall blew down as I was shooting. from the shots fired..I read my sight well, couple reloads were smooth..and the plan up to that point was stuck too..

gun is feeling good in my hand. feels natural and the trigger is feeling good.

been messing around setting up a CZ Kadet .22lr for some local steel matches..it coming together nicely. trigger is at 1.75#, everything is fit nice and tight. got a couple of mags through it. so far so good. this is a nice distraction from the main production gun.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

didn't make the match today...

one of the kids is still dealing with strep..and wasn't feeling too good..

was able to get out a little this afternoon..headed to the range..and worked on some drills and skills..spent about 100-130 rounds on weakhand shooting..and another 70-100 on strong hand..it needs some work to smooth out..but overall it felt pretty good. used a 5 second par time at 10 and 15 yards..not pushing..but just enough to not make it super easy.

finished up with a couple of bill drills at 15yds and then some groups with a .22lr.

good session.

Shot the indoor match last night..decent crowd so only two stages..

what a hoot..had a great time..which was great after a day at the office.

did not shoot with a lot of control..shot three D's on the first stage..trying to shoot while not falling off the platform I had overrun..

and then two more D's on the classifier 99-10, second target sweeping through it..one D on one side, the other D on the other..

but it was fun, good group, and a great stress relief.

• 2 weeks later...

fun match this weekend..some challenging courses..couple really made you think..some tough long distance..and some tough timing stages..

really fun..

I shot solid for three..even took a stage away from the open and limited guys..so that's good stuff anytime you get it.

really had a stage plan blow up..didn't get the reload programmed in right..so ended flat footed and dancing on a swinging target and no bullets. good recipe for disaster..

blew the classifier..but that is mainly from the no ability to count fast shots..if it calls for five..I'll shoot six. if it calls for six..I'll shoot seven.. just my achilles heel..

long range shooting always needs work..missed one..of eight shots..but was able to stay in the hunt with this stage.

spent Sunday..shooting with the kids..

my eight year old is starting in on my .22 pistol..and my five year old has picked up the .22 bolt action..alway fun to watch them and teach them.

Ben...

thanks..that is spot on...there are times..when steel is really perplexing too me..and I just have a heck of time..

points has always been another weakness for me..and I know I give a lot away by being loose on those.

I have not been able to achieve a good practice pattern due to work and family and have had to rely on a fair amount of dryfire and experimenting at club matches. but the drills you have suggested would be great for the range time I do get..I look forward to wringing this all out.

thanks again for your time.

Nice day for a match today..

I felt pretty relaxed shooting today..maybe too relaxed..I was really loose on points today..and gave away a bunch by doing so..

I was able to hook it up on my fourth stage..shot 3 C's on a 24rnd stage. time was a little slow when compared to the open and limited shooters..

on the other four stages..I gave up an average of 19 points per stage..OUCH!!!! just like shooting a miss...

really need to get some time on the range..to work on tightening up my points.

goals for the remainder of the year..

1. Tighten up points..shoot more of them.

2. trust that the speed is there.

3. Enjoy the experience.

an off week..too much family and work to deal with..so will miss the first section qualifier.. :angry2: , but there are a bunch more..

interested in the next few weeks..the family will head to Oregon for some summer vacation..and I will join them later..but I will have three weeks to focus on shooting..like in my bachelor days..

so looking at the shooting schedule..I have the opportunity to shoot:

5 USPSA matches, two of the super classifier matches, one a section qualifier,

1 IDPA match

1 indoor USPSA match

3 steel matches..

should be some fun..guess I better get reloading.. :D

• 2 weeks later...

been shooting a little..

club match on sunday..went smooth..shoot well on a couple of stages, sloppy on a couple, a miss on a swinger, and slow on the classifier. but overall I felt strong about the shooting..just need to clean it up a little.

need to learn to call the spot in the A-zone better and not the brown.

shot a steel match last night..using the .22lr..nice change of pace..posted some good runs..need to tweak the gun a bit more..otherwise dialed in.

going to shoot IDPA this weekend..one or two matches..and then USPSA on monday night.

most of the off time, working on a buddy's SP01..got the trigger finally worked in right..sights dialed in and guide rod fitted..nice gun..now I think they are heavy.

can't reload for the moment..both powder measure still broken..waiting for the package from Dillon with the replacement parts.

more dryfire tonight.

IDPA day..what a hoot..

came out blazing on stage one..whoops..two mikes...yeow!!!!! zinged them right by the upper '0' area..

got dialed back in on the next five stages. shot the steel well, Had a good time. squad moved well. lots of people I haven't shot with before. What a great time. Thanks Roger, Patti and Hoser..

IDPA day..what a hoot..

came out blazing on stage one..whoops..two mikes...yeow!!!!! zinged them right by the upper '0' area..

got dialed back in on the next five stages. shot the steel well, Had a good time. squad moved well. lots of people I haven't shot with before. What a great time. Thanks Roger, Patti and Hoser..

Bet they had a whole lot of people turn their heads the first time you lit the fuse!

good indoor match..

3 stages tonight..

felt like I shot strong on the first two stages..posted up a 97% of Grandmaster Glenn .. with my prod. rig. so felt strong.

stage two was mistake free and good too..

stage three. I stepped up with very little mental plan..let a shot go while thinking move, reload and placed it too low for a miss, and then can't count to six and shot seven..whoops :roflol:

so lots of mental lapses there..

but felt positive afterwards..

hoping to shoot steel on wednesday..going to do centerfire instead of rimfire..and work on the shot calling.

no go on the steel match..a few news happenings kept me at the office..was going to go practice this morning..but forgot the range is closed for the Johnson 3 gun match.

a small mental setback..was all revved up for a training class with Manny Bragg..but looks like I won't be able to participate..I am extremely disappointed by that missed opportunity.

will also be really bummed if I can't figure a way to get my money back.

but..got the weekend to look forward too..couple of matches..should be able to make one. looking forward to working out the iron sights.

no go on the steel match..a few news happenings kept me at the office..was going to go practice this morning..but forgot the range is closed for the Johnson 3 gun match.

a small mental setback..was all revved up for a training class with Manny Bragg..but looks like I won't be able to participate..I am extremely disappointed by that missed opportunity.

will also be really bummed if I can't figure a way to get my money back.

but..got the weekend to look forward too..couple of matches..should be able to make one. looking forward to working out the iron sights.

Best of luck on the money thing. Hoofy just doesn't have the time off available. Hope to see you Saturday.

oohhhh...that was a bad match..... :roflol:

man that was fun...I had a heck of time..just could not read my sights well at all..that was a struggle..

the first five stages just gave me trouble.

our first stage..missed the steel..static reload on a swinger..man talk about standing there..

second stage...ouch....trying hard for the points..two no shoots, two mikes..still didn't zero it..but close..

third stage.. squeaked on in on a no shoot..and a few extra shoots on steel..whoo boy.

fourth stage..did I settle down and read the sight...HECK NO...dang..two mikes..where in the heck did those go???!!!

fifth stage...man..just ran out of bullets..came up slide lock with one shot to go..bad bad bad..

sixth stage...oh baby..you rock...read the sight, move them feet..finally..no mikes, no misses, no points down.. :D

Hoofy and EZbagger..great match.

and wfwsorge...congratulations.good win..way to stay in it.

Edited by eerw

shot a match on saturday...

man...I SUCK!!!!

the last two matches..have been plagued with sloppy shooting..several misses and no-shoots. maybe I'm trying to hard..maybe I'm not focues enough..not sure..

having to take a few weeks break totally away from shooting, maybe it will help reset myself.

anyway..saturdays match..

stage one.. a simple stand and shoot..drove two rounds into no shoots one cutting the perf. one about an inch in..did not even call these..arrrghhh.

stage two.. all steel classifier.. one make up shot on US popper..speed was slow.

stage three.. movement was good, shot two D's though on a target. lined up too quick and fired the shots.

stage four.. moved well, shot 1 charlie..but three shots on one steel, a lot of time wasted.

stage five.. moved well again, reloads smooth, cept drove my last shot into a no-shoot..arrghhhh!!!

man..I SUCK...

• 2 weeks later...

on some off time..just got back from the Oregon coast..good time seeing the old home town.

wife decided to stay out there to play with her old high school friends, so kids and I are hanging around at home.

did a little dryfire..but mostly doing some gun maintenance.

pulled one of the barrels to be recrowned.

got a limited minor gun put together. neat little gun, maybe get to shoot it bit.

tweaking in my Tactical Sport, man those two springs in the ejector housing are small, lost them twice. got lucky too and found them.

got my entry sent in for the CO state match, so will slowly get ready for that match.

OK..

in my off time..did some work on my Tactical Sport..

from lots of suggestions and photos from Shay1911, Pistolbro, Matt Mink and Angus..I did some grip mods..and still debating on the weight of the frame and slide.

Took the checkering off the front and backstrap, cut up under the triggerguard and up under the beavertail. This does really help get your hand higher and more into the gun.

Used a Dremel, flat file, half-round file and a stone. man..my fingers are sore..

TS_DSC0135.jpg

TS_DSC0145.jpg

TS__DSC0138.jpg

TS__DSC0137.jpg

who knows how long I'll actually hang onto this gun.. :roflol:

Edited by eerw