Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Amazon.com Ripoff

bountyhunter

I'll bet this sounds familiar..... ordered an item off Amazon.com and paid with credit card. Charge appeared on 12/10....... and nothing was ever sent to me to this day.

I sent five e-mails to the "seller" (thief) and never got a reply.

I have filed a claim through Amazon to get re-imbursed..... we'll see how that goes, next stop will be to have the charge disputed on the credit card.

BTW, the scammer in question is named on Amazon:

UnbeatableSale, Inc

Let the buyer beware.

don't wait to dispute. The CC company can drag it out if necessary, but if you wait to long they will not handle the dispute. I forget if it is 30 days or 60 days.

BTW if it was na amazon seller and you dispute they pretty much just screw the seller regardless of who is telling the truth, so it should work out favorably for you.

Thanks for all the input. Amazon sent me an e-mail saying that they had gotten the seller to credit back my card for the $41 they charged me (for nothing).

GET THIS: the day after Amazon banged on them, they finally send me an e-mail saying that they were cancelling my order due to "unexpected demand" for the item.

They didn't say why they couldn't have told me this three weeks ago.....

What a bunch of bozos.

After a month of hassle and no toothbrush, I break even on the deal.

Whoopee

I ordered a vanity for my daughter. Nobody had them but this one company said it was in stock. I was skeptical but i got an email saying it was in stock and would ship in 1-2 days. A week later it hadnt arrived so I thought i would check the status of my order, it said back ordered until February. It was supposed to be a Christmas present.

They charged my card immediately. I didnt get an email updating me to the new backordered status. I felt they intentionaly mislead me hoping I would leave it on backorder or just not notice until it was close enough to just think it best to keep it on backorder.

I called them up and voiced my displeasure with their deceitfulness and canceled the order.

don't wait to dispute. The CC company can drag it out if necessary, but if you wait to long they will not handle the dispute. I forget if it is 30 days or 60 days.

BTW if it was na amazon seller and you dispute they pretty much just screw the seller regardless of who is telling the truth, so it should work out favorably for you.

Another thing to remember when disputing items on a credit card bill. Never pay your bill in full if there is an amount you plan on disputing. Once it has been paid you are unable to dispute the charge. Put the item in dispute and the CC company will put the amount in dispute and you will no longer be charged finanace charges against that item. At that point you can pay the rest of your statement in full. In the case of small amounts, it is cheaper for the Credit Card company to just adjust the amount rather than going through the chargeback process. When I worked at First USA/Bank One it was typically $50.00.

You might be surprised what you get if you just ask.

Well:

I did report it to Mastercard and they opened a file.

I did report it to Amazon and they opened a file.

As to "asking" anything of Amazon, I have yet to find a phone number to an actual human.

Anybody got one?

You won't find this number on Amazon's website, but here it is:

1-800-201-7575; to get a human right away, dial extension 7

Edited by Leozinho

You might be surprised what you get if you just ask.

Well:

I did report it to Mastercard and they opened a file.

I did report it to Amazon and they opened a file.

As to "asking" anything of Amazon, I have yet to find a phone number to an actual human.

Anybody got one?

You won't find this number on Amazon's website, but here it is:

1-800-201-7575; to get a human right away, dial extension 7

WOW. That's worth it's weight in gold..... I am writing it down.