Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drop Turner & Swingers

Our club has reached a point to start purchasing the fun stuff.  We were looking for some feed back on which brands work, which ones don't, which ones you like and dislike.  We are looking at swingers, turners and drop turners.  Any information would be great.  

Thanks for the help.

If you happen to be down TX-way, I can get you in contact with Matt Bigham-- he's got some innovative swinger designs (his swingers with pivoting/rotating weights can be especially tricky to shoot).  

Just looking at our club usage over the past year or two, the swingers seem to get used about three times as often as the turners, and about twice as often as the bear-traps (which can be difficult to tune exposure times on)

Whatever you get needs to be a) robust, B) easy to reset consistently and c) easy to set up.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank all of you for your feedback.   We are currently working on some deals and looks like it wont be long before we have something.  If any of you make it to Billings, MT look us up and help us break them in.

Magic City Action Shooters

There are generally two types of Turning targets. One is the drop turner where the target actually drops and twists. The other is a twist turner where the target does not actually drop, but a falling weight causes the targets to twist. I prefer the latter.

PASA park has the "drop" style turners and I think they are problematic. There is some kind of hydraulic fluid in the base. I've seen the difference in how fast the target presents itself and dissapears change by almost 4 seconds from the early morning cold to the late afternoon scortching heat.

Glock Shooter, you have a guy here in Montana that makes excellent quality of both. Gary Marbut mssa@mtssa.org here in Missoula. 406 549 1252. I will come visit your new club as I have family in Billings. Say hi to the big fella for me. Nate

• 1 year later...

I'm looking at adding a couple of new drop turners to our prop inventory, and it seems that I saw somewhere (I think in a magazine) that there is a company that builds a drop turner that you can vary the timing on.

Does that sound familiar to anyone? :huh: