Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flex$

Flexmoney

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, I did go shoot last Sunday. The match ended up having accuracy built in. I was surprised. I had given the Match Director some training this past summer and he commented that the Club Owner wouldn't let him make the targets challenging. He must have snuck some in since it was a "bonus" winter match. They did have some of the same old steel plates that take 4-5 hits of WWB before they will fall. :(

Great squad. After the match, seven of us made it out to eat. So I got some good grub and a(?) beer in too. :) Before the day was over, I spent some money at a gun shop along the way and, after getting back in town, had another beer or two and a good cigar at a buddy's place. B)

For the record, I did go shoot last Sunday.

Great squad. After the match, seven of us made it out to eat. So I got some good grub and a(?) beer in too. :) Before the day was over, I spent some money at a gun shop along the way and, after getting back in town, had another beer or two and a good cigar at a buddy's place. B)

Isnt America the greatest place on earth! :P Where else can you spend the afternoon blasting cardboard and steel, then drink some beer, buy some more "gun stuff," and end the day with your feet up with another beer and a cigar? No Where!

• 4 months later...

May 11

Got in some dry-fire practice today.

I had some goofy stuff to do today that required me to sit around for a half-hour or so, then do a little something for 5 minutes. Repeat...o\o

So, in the down time, I practiced. A bit rusty.

I do love my index though. :)

• 2 months later...

No Limited...I am out of 40 bullets and don't plan to buy any more.

With Sevigny and Vogel around (my pick for 1 and 2 at the Nationals, btw), there just isn't any room for a guy to call it in.

Going to Open, I get those 'inch outta the A-zone' hits to count for something. And, I don't have to re-learn to reload.

I think it would be easier to gain 5-10% on Max and Chris than it would be to gain that on Dave and Bob. (of course, to get anywhere close to any of them...would take a bit of work)

It takes a lot of mental juice to shoot 10 rounds and minor. I need to re-fill my tank.

Hmmm...Limited 6.

:sick: not for me. I"m allergic.

As to Prod & Limited coming up. It'd be a damn shame to see Dave not try to defend his Limited title from last year, and a shame to see Rob not defend his Production, but I imagine they'll each end up in "their" division. Say. for simplicity why don't we just call Limited the "TGO" division, and Production "Dave's"?

better, yes?

So, the wind up is you're going to Tulsa loading 10x9mm?

Yeah...Production for me at Tulsa. (I'm just trying to get my head right)

Flex, is that going to be glock open gun or will you have to finally finance a gun like the rest of us?

Open...yeah, a Glock (or mabye I'd build me a Caspian). Those other gun$ run like crap. Too many dollars per failure. ;)

Yeah...Production for me at Tulsa. (I'm just trying to get my head right)
Flex, is that going to be glock open gun or will you have to finally finance a gun like the rest of us?

Open...yeah, a Glock (or mabye I'd build me a Caspian). Those other gun$ run like crap. Too many dollars per failure. ;)

I'll tell you what, maybe you can win a few bucks off of me in tulsa , would go a long way towards building that S_I :rolleyes:

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

I just got a G26 (mini 9mm) and thought I'd give it it's first workout at Rayner's local match. (Carry holster and all.)

After the match, a couple of the Rayner's clan saw some foreign object on one of the paper targets on the bay we just finished on...

- "Hey Kyle, I bet you a dollar you can't hit that."

I quickly called that bet. wink.gif

I had second thoughts for a moment...this being a gun that I had only shoot in this match and never put on paper...with a fulling stock trigger and factory plastic sights. I got over that real quick with a thought to fundamentals.

Eassssy money. laugh.gif