Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zeroing a C-More

Chris Leong

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zero it between 20 to 25 yards.

Why???? Just want some insight. I tried it last yr and it cost me last yr on some hits and time. I'm sure if I stuck with it I would get used to it. How did it go for you on the up close targets?? The the gun sighted in at 25 I had to consciously think about aiming on some really close and tight targets. I'm going back to a closer zero but I'm not dead set on it. I tried it because one of our local GM zeroed his at that distance and I gave it a try.

Flyin

Edited by Flyin40

zero it between 20 to 25 yards.

Why???? Just want some insight. I tried it last yr and it cost me last yr on some hits and time. I'm sure if I stuck with it I would get used to it. How did it go for you on the up close targets?? The the gun sighted in at 25 I had to consciously think about aiming on some really close and tight targets. I'm going back to a closer zero but I'm not dead set on it. I tried it because one of our local GM zeroed his at that distance and I gave it a try.

Flyin

Mine has always been 25yds. I changed to 15yds tonight. I run the "Barry" mount and it seems not to change as much with distance as the normal mount. Whether that's because it closer to the bore or the diag I dunno.

I've been using this formula for a long time and it works for me when I'm using paper targets/steel/ plates between 15 to 25 yards. In closer targets,I like it much much better as I know that I can hit those targets. 15 yards was the common yardage to zero but I usually add another 5 to 10 yards. By the way, my mount is not offset. I'm using one of those Limcat mount.

Edited by turbocomp38s

I've been using this formula for a long time and it works for me when I'm using paper targets/steel/ plates between 15 to 25 yards. In closer targets,I like it much much better as I know that I can hit those targets. 15 yards was the common yardage to zero but I usually add another 5 to 10 yards. By the way, my mount is not offset. I'm using one of those Limcat mount.

your sight is offset. If it has an offset distance of 0 your scope and bore are collinear

• 7 months later...

I put a Barry mount on mine recently and sighted it in center of the dot at 15 yards, it is JUST out of the bottom of the dot at 15 feet and right in the top of the dot at 30 yards. It never seems to get any higher than it does at 30-35 yards but I haven't shot it a lot past 30 yards yet. 6 MOA dot.

I put a Barry mount on mine recently and sighted it in center of the dot at 15 yards, it is JUST out of the bottom of the dot at 15 feet and right in the top of the dot at 30 yards. It never seems to get any higher than it does at 30-35 yards but I haven't shot it a lot past 30 yards yet. 6 MOA dot.

I shot mine out to 200ydsH and I'm still on a 13 inch plate... Hard to say where as it wasn't painted, but if I do my part it will hit it every time, holding dead on.

I've read and heard of people that zero the dot at 50 yards

and then shoot off (Kentucky windage) for closer distances, and then some that zero at 25 and do the same for both closer and further.

I've also heard of people who zero in with a 4-MOA dot element and then switch back to the 8 or 10 for actual shooting.

Pros and cons? Favourite methods for zeroing?

Zero at 25yrds and 50yrds/ every match days!!.

I have a Slide Ride coming in a few days so this thread caught my eye. Out of curiosity I downloaded the .Pdf instructions trom C-More Systems web site. Like we use those :goof: In any case the instructions state "zero for the farthest distance you will shoot this firearm". FWIW

Jim

I zero my C-mores to top-of-the-dot zero at 18 yards.

Shred, just out of curiosity, which dot module are you using?

Thanks!

FM

At the moment I'm running a 12-min dot, although I zero 6's and 8's the same way. I can call shots better with the 12 and it doesn't hurt until you get waaay out there. Even at 50 yards, it's the width of the A-zone.

I shot mine out to 200ydsH and I'm still on a 13 inch plate... Hard to say where as it wasn't painted, but if I do my part it will hit it every time, holding dead on.

Jim, that would indicate (just a swag) that it is as much as 20" high at some point. It would be interesting to shoot it at 20 yard intervals to 200 yards and see.

I zero my C-mores to top-of-the-dot zero at 18 yards.

When setting my zero before Nationals, I wound up pretty close to this. Center of the dot (8moa) was dead on at 16yds which should be pretty close to the top of the dot at 18yds and it was dead on at 40yds for the standards. Sure, at 5yds it's a bit low and you have to be careful if it's a head shot with a no-shoot below it, but I only came close to one of those the whole match so it couldn't have been a big problem.

I use a 17 yard zero per Matt Burkett's post. This works well for me and was just fine for the 40 yard shots at the Nationals. Of course, the problem there was with the Indian and not the calibration of the bow and arrow. :rolleyes: For close (<10 yard) head shots, I just aim for a point about an inch below the top of the target head.

Edited by XD Niner

I use a 17 yard zero per Matt Burkett's post. This works well for me and was just fine for the 40 yard shots at the Nationals. Of course, the problem there was with the Indian and not the calibration of the bow and arrow. :rolleyes: For close (<10 yard) head shots, I just aim for a point about an inch below the top of the target head.

With what size dot?

FM

With what size dot?

FM

8 MOA currently although I didn't notice any difference with a 6 MOA since it usually had to be turned all the way up due to the bright Florida sun.

Edited by XD Niner

With what size dot?

FM

8 MOA currently although I didn't notice any difference with a 6 MOA since it usually had to be turned all the way up due to the bright Florida sun.

Thanks!

I am rethinking everything and "think" I want to get back to a larger dot.

Glad we got this thread up and running again! :cheers:

FM

Jim, that would indicate (just a swag) that it is as much as 20" high at some point. It would be interesting to shoot it at 20 yard intervals to 200 yards and see.

I'll have to check it next time I shoot at Tri County. IF I remember right it was shooting a bit high at 100, but that's a guess.