Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

About Shoes, Again!

Rosshooting

Hi guys, can you give me an advice about IPSC suitable shoes to buy. I know, I know, you will tell me that Nike Land shark is the exact one. But could you share your experience about other American football models and makers and definitely I will be very grateful to “hear” your opinion. Have someone tried some of these:

post-3403-1165613242.jpg

post-3403-1165613258.jpg

post-3403-1165613278.jpg

post-3403-1165613291.jpg

I wear trail running shoes. They're very light with a semi-knobbie sole. I haven't shot on grass in a while though, I wore Nike Mid-Sharks at that point. If it's wet, I wear my Goretex backpacking boots.

Standing around 4-5 hours in cleats is painful. Definitely avoid standing on hard ground wearing cleats for a long time, grass is more forgiving. Trail running shoes are really good compromise in comfort vs. traction.

IMNSVHO.... the Underarmour Hammer is a better made shoe than the Land Shark, and the softer rubber in the cleats is more conducive to not busting ass on slick surfaces... ;) Comfortable shoe for me, too, even w/ my flat feet and all...

Under Armours run anywhere from $65 on eBay to $100+ in stores.

Highway robbery I tell ya :huh: . $35 Nike land sharks do just about as good a job as the $65~100 Underarmour. I considered the UA when they weren't available but didn't realize they were that expensive. Just a another Nike wanna be but I heard UA stocks are doing pretty good. Another plus, I won't feel so bad rounding the heels off my Land sharks on a belt sander :D .

17 bucks!! Thats even better. I would have bought all their size 8 (OK people no jokes about small feet <_< ) and wouldn't worry about taking a pair to the sander.

HSMITH: Looking at your location, I picked up a pair in Sheboygan when we were last there. What store did you get them from?

Edited by yoshidaex

SIZE 8 and 9! :huh: I had to buy size 12 in the Nike Landshark Mids!! :blink: Now I really feel like Lurch! I also got a great deal at the Oshkosh Rogan's- $25. I must not have been at the right sale? Still at $25 they are a steal I think. They feel great and stable on wood and concrete.

Edited by Rocket35

I tried several cleats before I settled on a winner.

Criteria for me. Must have great grip on wet/dry grass. Good grip on wood boards and concrete wet and dry. Not sink or skid in sand or hard pack. Black is hot no matter what its vented like in the summer sun. Mid rise or higher for support.

Adidas Corner Blitz Mid. cleats were too hard & slippery for concrete or wood and they only came in black=HOT.

Reebok NFL Workhorse Mid. softer spikes and good fit, but only in black and a little slick on wood planks. Only in black.

Most sport hikers = slick on wet grass.

Tactical boots = Same as sport hikers just more expensive. And I hate to call anything tactical unless its being used by someone who goes through doors for a living.

Merrell Chameleon Trail Multisport. My comfy practice shoes, dont stick as well as I would like in grass when putting on the brakes.

Nike ACG trail running shoes. The old ones with the cleat tread were my stanbys for years but just don't stick like cleats in grass. And Nike narrow size only.

Under Armour Hammer Mid Football Cleat. New model in the game, seems to have good traction on all surfaces, nice wide comfy fit. Only come in nice hot black although they are vented well, and I could'nt get over the $$$ price.

Any cleat with hard spikes will kill you on wood or concrete, plus driving to a match in them sucks.

#1 for me IMHO = Nike Landshark Mids. Aggressive spikes stick like glue in wet grass, soft enough rubber spikes that actually have decent traction on wood and concrete. Now in wide sizes for us with duck feet. They come in White & red or White & blue and are cool in the Florida summer. Available and on sale cheap $ everywhere year round so you can try them out and not feel broke.

Edited by blkbrd

• 4 weeks later...