Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Saiga 10 Rounders?

LdyGunner

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So where is the best place to pick up a new Saiga 12, 10 round mag, and what are the useful conversions? I read that the bolt will now stay open on an empty mag? True or is that a mod also. Cody

They have manual hold open devices to make loading easier. A few people are experimenting with LRBHO but they require modifying the gun and all the mags.

I would suggest getting the basic gun and then shooting it before deciding what you want to add to it. The only mod it needs for open division is a red dot sight IMHO. Tony does good work, but he is back logged 90-120 days right now. Might as well get the gun and shoot it some before sending it off to get modified.

We have some Saigas for sale here. http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry512186

[/b]The only mod it needs for open division is a red dot sight IMHO

What about staying with the irons, which ones work the best, will it still be considered usable for tactical class?

Under current rules you can't use Saiga-12s in tactical...the detach mag = speed loading device.

The stock rib with bead sight isn't bad. Kreb's Custom makes an Iron sight set up, and Tromix can add HK sights to the gun.

[/b]The only mod it needs for open division is a red dot sight IMHO

What about staying with the irons, which ones work the best, will it still be considered usable for tactical class?

Under current rules you can't use Saiga-12s in tactical...the detach mag = speed loading device.

The stock rib with bead sight isn't bad. Kreb's Custom makes an Iron sight set up, and Tromix can add HK sights to the gun.

Tactical, you can have a detachible mag for your pistol, and your rifle, but somehow shotgun mags are not tactical never figured that out. That is why I like TSA rules at least they understand the meaning of the word "tactical"

Not bad he shoots fast but really needs to work on mag changes, at my wish I had the film of RonSwin from the Saiga Forum he has those closed bolt combat reload of factory 8s down to a sciense.

Speaking of Buffer Tech you might want to invest in mag clinchers they make really good ones.

Edited by Topmaul

So where is the best place to pick up a new Saiga 12, 10 round mag, and what are the useful conversions?

Get it from Tony Rumore . He's the heat when it comes to a S-12. Tromix

+1

I didn't buy my Siaga from Tony, I'm doing the conversion myself (seemed like a good idea at the time). However, I wanted one of his trigger guards. I e-mailed him Tuesday while he was moving his shop about ordering one. He just sent one without even talking to me and left me a voicemail to pay him next week. It arrived here today. Add him (his associate Bob too) to the list of really nice people to deal with in the industry.

Are you guys getting them to work toped off (10+1)? Mine work fine if I only load 10 in the gun but if I top off it will not load the first round out of the mag. :unsure:

Same for me too much tension on the top shell if you load 10+1, 9+1 works fine. I load from an open bolt so loading the mags to 10 isn't a problem for me.

Hi have three of the new AGP 10-round magazines. I have no trouble loading one in the pipe and then inserting a fully loaded 10-round magazine on a closed bolt. It's also very reliable during firing; I am able to realiably unload all 11 rounds.

If you're having trouble, try oiling the sides of the follower. I also press the follower up and updown about 50 or more times to losen it. Another good idea is to insert and remove an empty magazine from the gun at least 50 times. Next, load three rounds in the mag and then practice loading it on a closed bolt. When you get used to it, load six rounds and do more insert-and-remove practice. Finally, put 10 rounds in the mag and do more insert-and-remove drills. Before you know it, you will have loosened up the mag and then become an expert in loading a full magazine on a closed bolt, which is the key to a speedy reload.

Plus, the 10-round mags fit looser than the Russian 8-rounders, making them perfect for reloads on a closed bolt, which helps save lots of time for our game.

Edited by surfmaster

Freds 14+1 mag worked like a charm at Tiger Valley and the 16+1 he just built for someone else worked fine during testing at our match last Sunday. I guess I just may have to sacrifice two of my AGP 10 rounders to to be competitive again!

Bill

Freds 14+1 mag worked like a charm at Tiger Valley and the 16+1 he just built for someone else worked fine during testing at our match last Sunday. I guess I just may have to sacrifice two of my AGP 10 rounders to to be competitive again!

Bill

You guys should just make it long enough to use as a monopod when you're standing. :o

:D Plans are in the works... We're having trouble attaching the wheels without sacrificing some capacity! Fred thinks one wheel, but with two wheels we could install a motor and drive train!

Good day folks I have been following this Saiga 12 for a while now and am starting to get a baaaaad itch for it. I looked at the Tromix site. If you had to chouse one of their done guns which one would it be and are they the only good manufacturer out their? Thanks.

Good day folks I have been following this Saiga 12 for a while now and am starting to get a baaaaad itch for it. I looked at the Tromix site. If you had to chouse one of their done guns which one would it be and are they the only good manufacturer out their? Thanks.

and are their conversions worth the money?

Edited by 1911vm

Is that one Mine I hope so thanks Mark

Bill

• 1 month later...
I have now figured out how to load the 10 rd mags, loaded to 10 rds, that is not any harder than an empty mag. 10 + 1 runs perfectly.

Paul,

This forum is all about SHARING ... spill the beans!!! ;)