Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 19rd Caspian Hi-cap Mag Pics

Alan Meek

One more thing: the notch in the mag that engages the mag release seems to be cut real tight which is good and bad. It's good because the mag doesn't move around much since it's firmly locked in place, but it's bad because you really have to hit the mag release HARD to get the mag out of the gun.

See 16 Dec 2007 post below. The mags are fine.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all should take the material off the pistol mag well instead of the mag pad to get them to drop in good

and make sure your mag catch is going in all the way you may have to clean up the mag catch some,,,mark

it with black marker then put the mag in several times ,take small amounts off it wont take but a little.

Jim

Sailors Custom :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

I still have to follow Jim's advice above, but other than that the mags seem perfectly reliable. Test fired them yesterday without any issues. I had a local guy, Kevin Greeley, machine the basepads to fit the EGW magwell; Kevin did a nice job (looks factory) and didn't charge much.

Now for a new follower to get more rounds in them. Has anyone experimented with this yet?

You all should take the material off the pistol mag well instead of the mag pad to get them to drop in good

and make sure your mag catch is going in all the way you may have to clean up the mag catch some,,,mark

it with black marker then put the mag in several times ,take small amounts off it wont take but a little.

Jim

Sailors Custom :rolleyes:

Turns out the problem was the EGW mini-paddle button I had installed...it was hitting the side of the frame and thus not allowing enough travel of the mag release. I took some metal off the inside flat of the paddle and the mags drop beautifully now.

I wasn't patient enough to order and then wait for Grams followers for EAA/Tanfoglio's, BUT I had two Grams followers and springs for the STI/SV 40 cal, so I slapped them in two mags and went to the range. Fired 119 rounds through those two mags without a hitch, and they hold a reloadable 20 rounds each.

:rolleyes::blink:

I use the gramms spring and follower kit in the new mags and also in the 170 mags for Caspian,

I dont know that the Gramms Kits Henning sells are any differant than the SVI/STI ones.

If they are Id sure like to know in what way???

Ive got a buckett load of Caspian mags out their with Gramms kits in em.

Jim

Sailors :surprise::mellow:

:rolleyes::blink:

I use the gramms spring and follower kit in the new mags and also in the 170 mags for Caspian,

I dont know that the Gramms Kits Henning sells are any differant than the SVI/STI ones.

If they are Id sure like to know in what way???

Ive got a buckett load of Caspian mags out their with Gramms kits in em.

Jim

Sailors :surprise::mellow:

Jim,

Bevin (sp) made followers specifically for the Tanfoglio Mag that apparently does not require tweaking the spring at the top to keep the follower in, according to Henning. I have not seen the new follower yet.

Alan

Jim,

Bevin (sp) made followers specifically for the Tanfoglio Mag that apparently does not require tweaking the spring at the top to keep the follower in, according to Henning. I have not seen the new follower yet.

Alan

I am having no problems with keeping the follower in on these new Caspian 40 mags; these Grams STI/SVI followers look and behave perfectly in them. I have had problems with the Grams STI/SVI follower popping out on older Caspian 40 mags.

It is true, I have made a Follower Kit for the Caspian/Tanfoglio/EAA Witness large frame mag tubes. The follower is mark "Grams T" on the bottom, and is different from my ST/SV model. The follower is designed to work in any of the calibers with special attention put toward the .40 cal function and reliability. Part numbers are FKT-11 and FKT-13, with the numbers relating to what coil count spring comes in the kit. These kits are available only from Henning Wallgren ( www.henningshootsguns.com ), or myself ( www.gramsengineering.com ).

I am using the spring and follower that Henning sells and Bevin manufactures for the Tangfolio magazines in my Caspian. The follower fits the magzine better. I have had no issues to date since installation (a few hundred rounds). Hennings base pads also work on the Caspian magazine. His base pads offer a "slimmer" profile at the bottom.

I am using the spring and follower that Henning sells and Bevin manufactures for the Tangfolio magazines in my Caspian. The follower fits the magzine better. I have had no issues to date since installation (a few hundred rounds). Hennings base pads also work on the Caspian magazine. His base pads offer a "slimmer" profile at the bottom.

Keith,

How many rounds can you get in a Caspian mag with Bevin's Tanfoglio follower/spring and Henning's "slimmer" basepad?

• 2 weeks later...