Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 19rd Caspian Hi-cap Mag Pics

Alan Meek

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed Amy Sayers at Caspian a few days ago concerning the .40 hi cap mags and this was her reply:

Thank you for your inquiry! The delivery dates keep getting upped on us for the magazine tubes, sorry. The latest we had was end of April. Sorry I really don't have anything else for you. Keep checking back for updates.

I hope that date doesnt keep getting extended. It could be a very long April.

• 4 weeks later...

To keep everybody updated on the progress of the Caspian .40 Hi-cap mags, Gary just posted this on 1911Forums

Alan and I have been talking a lot about the progress of these mags. As most of you know I'm having the ACT Mag people maufacture tubes in Italy. It took quite a while to tweek the Tanfoglio Style tube meet our needs. We OK'ed the final design just before the Shot Show, We have showed off some "almost there" prototypes at Ft Benning in early December. The tubes are now in production and we're holding our breath until they come in. We are small time players and not able to order the huge quantities that these folks are used to. They are actually doing us a favor by taking on this project. This means I have to just be patient. I am not in a position to push too hard. The new baseplate design that we licensed from CAPE is killer. This is going to be a real nice magazine. I wish I could say exactly when they'll be available but I can't, all I can say is soon. Thanks for hanging in there.

Gary Smith

caspianarm@aol.com

link Garys post

Alan

• 1 month later...

Might want to ask also, if these mags do hit the market, and if there is a new "hi-cap" mag ban next year (again), will Caspian market replacement tubes in the future to repair worn/broken mags?

Gee I bet if everybody refused to buy anything, frame, slide, parts etc , until they actually have magazines for their frames they'd be available by the end of the week.

Gee I bet if everybody refused to buy anything, frame, slide, parts etc , until they actually have magazines for their frames they'd be available by the end of the week.

9mm/38 mags are avail now. Old style .40 mags are avail now. Its only the new style mag for .40 that we are still waiting on.

the only thing listed and only thing I have ever seen listed on Caspian's websight is 38 super. I love their frame design but cant see the point of a pistol with no magazines or magazines that dont work as indicated by the wait for "New style ones" It's not rocket science. with all the machining it takes to make what most believe are the best frames available you'd think they could put some of that machinery to use building magazines.

the only thing listed and only thing I have ever seen listed on Caspian's websight is 38 super. I love their frame design but cant see the point of a pistol with no magazines or magazines that dont work as indicated by the wait for "New style ones" It's not rocket science. with all the machining it takes to make what most believe are the best frames available you'd think they could put some of that machinery to use building magazines.

Why would Caspian have the dies and presses to stamp, and weld sheet metal parts like magazines?

They are not made like slides, and frames.

Gee I dont know, seems like every other gun maker in the world has figured out how to supply magazines with their guns, Or manufacture frames compatable with existing magazines. We only have ourselves to blame. 1911 consumers seem perfectly happy to put up with anything.

Gee I dont know, seems like every other gun maker in the world has figured out how to supply magazines with their guns, Or manufacture frames compatable with existing magazines. We only have ourselves to blame. 1911 consumers seem perfectly happy to put up with anything.

No, just Caspian. I really prefer the feel of their hicap frame over the STI but I gave up on it a long time ago because of the lack of good hicap magazines. Too bad, they could have owned this market if they wanted to.

I can't speak about their frames or mags since I haven't owned any and have only shot a few but the guys at Caspian get kudos in my book anyway. They always donate generously to the matches that I attend and I have a lot of parts and a slide or two to prove it.

-ld

• 3 months later...

I give up, tired of waiting for the .40 mags. Does not seem that they will upgrade the 9mm/38sup mag or make a 170mm tube either, lost cause. By the time they get the mags ready to sell they will be banned an won't even sell you the tubes. Spyplanes have been developed and flown in less time then we have waited for these mags!

Gunther,

Caspian has received 1000 mag tubes followers and springs from their supplier about two weeks ago. Last time I talked to Gary he was waiting for the delivery of the basepads. And that was this last Tuesday.

I have also posted pics of a sample mag that Gary sent me two weeks ago. I even took it out to the range and using a Grams STI follower and spring kit I was able to load the gun with a total of 22 rounds, and the mag worked flawlessly.

Gary has also mentions in a thread on 1911 forums that they plan to get 9mm 38 Super and 45 mags from their supplier and also have a 170mm mag made. I am not sure of the timeline on those at this time.

Alan

They were putting them in packaging yesterday, ordered a couple to test. Gary said they were going to the Nationals with them. As for 170mm length mags it's not that big of a deal to have Caspian or Tanfoglio tubes welded up.

Rich

No, just Caspian. I really prefer the feel of their hicap frame over the STI but I gave up on it a long time ago because of the lack of good hicap magazines. Too bad, they could have owned this market if they wanted to.

Buy now or .......

If (or should I say when) a democrat goes to the Whitehouse,

The history shows Caspian will leave you in a heartbeat................

Trust me I know, I was left holding my two "caspain" Full house race guns with no 140 replacement tubes or any thought of 170 tubes........... :blink:

Buyer beware........

THEIR SINGLE STACK FRAMES ARE VERY NICE..............

Edited by 9x21

I received six of the new Caspian 40 cal mags today.

Good:

-very nicely polished/finished

-they seem very well built

-the basepad looks real cool

-cheap: $64.50 each

Bad:

-the mags don't fit the USPSA gage, they should make it with some basepad trimming

-the mags will not fit in my gun because of the EGW magwell, I will need to trim the sides of the basepads just a little to make them clear