Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Lesson With Manny Bragg Dec. 4th

zhunter

After about 9 months of trying to schedule and planning around busy schedules, I finally had my private lesson with Manny.

I had heard the praises sung by many. I had heard he was a wonderful teacher, and a great communicator. Unfortunately, everyone was full of BS.

He was Better than expected.

Manny has such an incredible understanding of shooting and how to breakdown each part of the process, and then use drills to improve your technique. Then he puts it all back together to make you better, faster, and more accurate.

So, after about 9 hours, minus the 45 minutes for lunch, and about 1800 rounds of ammo, I would comfortably say he increased my percentage by about 15 - 20%. That is based on the times and points at the start of the day against the times and points at the end of the day.

As an example, Manny's "favorite" practice drill, I started about 5.50 sec, and got it down to about 3.80 sec. That one was extreme, but on average, we were making increases in time of about the aforementioned 15 - 20%.

Just as an example, he decreased my draw time, to a personal best. Preciously I had a 0.82 draw out of a "Race Holster" (I did that once I might add, my normal fast time was about 0.95), but I have switched to a Blade Tech DOH, and hit a 0.77 yesterday. I then later on hit a 0.89 out of a Single Stack Legal holster. Not bad. But it was the mechanics that he changed that allowed me to accomplish this blazing times!!!

Keep in mind, Manny does not settle for anything less than "A's"!!!!!!!

If you have EVER thought about taking a lesson. If you have ever thought about wanting to make a serious jump in your shooting, you should consider Manny for a class or private lesson. Not only was he full of great info, but a super nice guy too!!!!

Thanks Manny!!!

And BTW, the ONLY thing sore today, is my FREAKIN' trigger finger. 1800 rounds + lots of non-live fire drills makes for a tired index finger.

Edited by zhunter

I have told numerous people that I have learned more about shooting from EB than anybody else. We have been squadded together several times, but we have never fired a shot together in practice. What I learned from him was mostly sitting around and talking shooting. I can't imagine what one would learn by actually taking the time and having a one on one session with him, but it would be huge.

Z,

If the only thing sore was your trigger finger, he took it too easy on you!

Jaxshooter lost a leg and my hands were bleeding and bandaged by lunch of the second day. Maybe our begging and pleading not to work us so hard has convinced him to take it easier on the rest of you.

In all seriousness, Manny is a great shooter and an even better instructor. He can find and fix the problems in anybody's game.

Time and money spent training with him is certainly well spent.

Leo

Leo

Leg is doing better now. Let me know if you are going to Manny again.

I will sign up also.

Chris,

It was a pleasure, despite the obvious pain. If I can make it happen again fairly soon, I will be sure to let you know beforehand.

Leo

I was with Manny for the two days before you zhunter. We had a group of six so we shot only about 1700 rounds stretched over two days. As you pointed out, the value a student of Manny's receives is incredible.

Good thing for you we softened him up for you a bit. Otherwise you really would have been sore. B)

Edited by XD Niner

I was with Manny for the two days before you zhunter. We had a group of six so we shot only about 1700 rounds stretched over two days. As you pointed out, the value a student of Manny's receives is incredible.

Good thing for you we softened him up for you a bit. Otherwise you really would have been sore. B)

I guess I owe you guys and gals a big thanx then!!! :P

would you guys recommend the 2 day or the 3 day course? whats covered in the 2 and 3 day course respectively? would you say with the 2 day course you will zip thur a few subjects while if you were to take the 3 day course, subjects would be covered at a bit more of a slower pace? or would it be 1st day basics, 2nd day intermidiate and 3rd day advanced?

TIA

I don't know the answer to your question, as I have only done the two day group class.

The first day we covered fundamentals for the most part, and the second day was putting it all together. At no point was it slow or boring, and every bit of it was useful.

2 or 3 day? I don't know, but you won't go wrong with either one. Just get signed up!!!

• 2 weeks later...