Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When Buying Brass...

zhunter

x2.

Sometimes they (along with .22's) just sit in the case and you'll get a nice 'wham' when you try to size and deprime both cases at the same time.

*Shake your head, check for broke or bent decapping pin, charge/double charge, etc.*

This is why I'll pay extra for brass that I know won't have the other cases mixed in. It's just not worth the extra time, hassle, possibility of a squib/double charge....

I guess I have just got in a habit of culling through the brass after it gets out of the tumbler, to make sure of what I have. It doesnt matter where I am shooting, .40s always have 9s in them, and there is always a .22 or two in the batch as well... ;)

I learned that the hard way when I got a batch of 30K from a supplier and found some berdans in there as well....I broke two decapping pins until I decided to check the brass. They were a different color of "brass", so it was easy to find them....and wait until you get an old batch that when you punch the primer out it leaves a "ring" in the primer hole, just waiting to set off the primer you want to put in there... :(

DougC

I have not had the .22 poroblem, but I can tell you for certain, I am DONE with this supplier.

I have been thru the broken De-Capping pin times. I like to get into a rythym and HATE to have to stop for 9mm cases.

I bought some .45 from the USPSA Classifieds, this stuff was rolled and sized, and there were NO "wildcat" cases in the batch!!! That guy is gonna get more of my business!!!

Were as my ex-supplier was putting NT brass in with my .45 ACP Brass. The XL650 priming system is NOT real fond of NT Brass!!!!

I bought some .45 from the USPSA Classifieds, this stuff was rolled and sized, and there were NO "wildcat" cases in the batch!!! That guy is gonna get more of my business!!!

If it's from this guy, you definitely won't be disappointed - absolutely lovely stuff, every batch I've bought... B)

If it's from this guy, you definitely won't be disappointed - absolutely lovely stuff, every batch I've bought... B)

THAT is the guy, the NEW GUY that is!!! His brass is TOP of the LINE!!!

I broke 3 decapping pins in a matter of 1/2 a day last week doing .45 reloading.... <_<

And the worst part is that I am the one who sorted and cleaned the brass.... A friend gave me about 500lbs of brass from his indoor range so I can't cry to hard. :)

I broke 3 decapping pins in a matter of 1/2 a day last week doing .45 reloading.... <_<

And the worst part is that I am the one who sorted and cleaned the brass.... A friend gave me about 500lbs of brass from his indoor range so I can't cry to hard. :)

500 lb.s of free .45 brass. Go bitch somewhere else!!!!

De-Capping pins are cheap, but worth $100 each if ya don't have a spare when it breaks :)

Actually... Jaime gave me 11 x 5 gal buckets of swept up range brass. Probably more like 70-80 lbs per bucket.....Sure is a pain moving those heavy things around.... But, I forgive him for making me work. ;)

AZZhole :D

500 lb.s of free .45 brass. Go bitch somewhere else!!!!

De-Capping pins are cheap, but worth $100 each if ya don't have a spare when it breaks :)

Order several ten packs. When you open the last one, call Dillon and order several more.....BTDT, waiting for decap pins sucks!

THAT is the guy, the NEW GUY that is!!! His brass is TOP of the LINE!!!

Kenneth ain't exactly new. I've still got some .45 I bought from him over a year ago.

Good guy to deal with.

+1 for Ken.

I bought some .40s from him over a year ago. No problems whatsoever. He also gave me about 8 or 10 extra pieces in every bag of 500. Thats kinda nice so when you drop 2 or 3 behind the bench, you dont mess up your primer/bullet count.

What I hate is links in messages to sites that require a user name and password to enter. I'm going to have to reboot to get away from the one you provided above.

Yes, I know it was uninentional, but it's still annoying as the devil.

Lee

I hate .40 and 9mm in my 45's. I use that guy as well as he has been top notch.

I do cull my brass before it goes in for a polish as well as after.

I hate 357 sig getting mixed up in my .40's...Thats a pisser.