Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Florida State Championship

Kevin, Derek has my SS as we speak! I'll see if I can hit Smitty up for his 9mm in the meantime... I love the Tues. SS match!!!

Cliff, if you bring it, I'll shoot it... (and congrats on your GM!) :D

Sorry, Leo! Back to the FL State discussion... :ph34r:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are going to start Sharyn's revolver training very soon so she will be ready for the Florida State Match....Right???

Cliff, please... :(

I don't need anybody else beating me at revo!

;)

:D

It'd be awesome to have Sharyn shoot a wheelie! BRING IT!!

Uggggggh! :( I guess I can see the financial reason for doing that, but it dosent sit well with me. The goal for ANY MAJOR MATCH should be no-reshoots. Period.

But I suppose if it is run as professionaly as can be, then it should work out.

I can already see that 2007 is going to be the year of "much turmoil" in the USPSA structure. :rolleyes:

Forgive me for asking, but I don't understand the difference from a financial standpoint. Whether embeded or sticking with the stage, doesn't it take the same number of ROs?

What's the cost difference?

Lee

Forgive me for asking, but I don't understand the difference from a financial standpoint. Whether embeded or sticking with the stage, doesn't it take the same number of ROs?

Lee

Ro's that are stage dedicated are working on Saturday and Sunday and there are usually 2 or 3 required per stage to RO, score, tape and set steel. The shooters usually help, but the RO's do the majority of the important work. In return for this work the match organizer usually pays for their food and lodging for the 2 or 3 days that they are working, in addition to additional prizes or incentives for doing the work.

With Embeded RO's, there is usually a single RO who is really only responsible for seeing that the stages are run and officiated correctly and consistently. The other shooters within the squad share in the RO, scorekeeping, taping and setting of steel duties under the supervision of the embeded RO. They are often not compensated beyond a free or reduced match fee.

Edited by L9X25

Lee

Ro's that are stage dedicated are working on Saturday and Sunday and there are usually 2 or 3 required per stage to RO, score, tape and set steel. The shooters usually help, but the RO's do the majority of the important work. In return for this work the match organizer usually pays for their food and lodging for the 2 or 3 days that they are working, in addition to additional prizes or incentives for doing the work.

With Embeded RO's, there is usually a single RO who is really only responsible for seeing that the stages are run and officiated correctly and consistently. The other shooters within the squad share in the RO, scorekeeping, taping and setting of steel duties under the supervision of the embeded RO. They are often not compensated beyond a free or reduced match fee.

Thanks.

Nemo

Should we contact Wadette and see about another Mr. Mom squad?

TP

TP,

The Colón clan squad will grow to 5 for that match and none of us is a certified USPSA R.O. I don't know how many shooters will be in each squad and don't know if match admin have us already squaded. Check with her and let me know.

The 2007 Florida State Championship will be at the Universal Shooting Academy in Frostproof. The match dates are March 31 - April 1 2007.

The entry form and additional information are available here:http://www.tbpc.org/FL07ENTRY.HTML

Trophies by Division, Class, & Category

Point Series Match

10 Stages - 270 Round

ALL Cash Paid back after expenses... Cash based on shooter enrollment.

The 2007 Florida State Championship will be at the Universal Shooting Academy in Frostproof. The match dates are March 31 - April 1 2007.

The entry form and additional information are available here:http://www.tbpc.org/FL07ENTRY.HTML

Trophies by Division, Class, & Category

Point Series Match

10 Stages - 270 Round

ALL Cash Paid back after expenses... Cash based on shooter enrollment.

WHO is the match director for this match???

Please tell me it's not the same guy as last year??? (The obese, ego maniac riding around in the golf cart)

This year's match is headed by some guy named Manny Bragg. I am not exactly sure what his official title is (something about Chief, cook and bottle washer) but he is the man in control.

He will probably find some mean guy to stick in the Golf cart, but I have confidence that everything that he does will be first class.

Leo

This year's match is headed by some guy named Manny Bragg. I am not exactly sure what his official title is (something about Chief, cook and bottle washer) but he is the man in control.

He will probably find some mean guy to stick in the Golf cart, but I have confidence that everything that he does will be first class.

Leo

If that's the same Manny Bragg from MO. I believe he is the USPSA Area 5 Director. That Manny Bragg is a supurb shooter, very personable and professional. An outstanding guy.

I would expect everything to be wonderful, if it's the same Manny Bragg. He will keep that other guy as far away as possible.

Thanks for the reply.

Yea .... it's the same Manny Bragg from MO ... he is one of those Snow Birds that hides from the Winter down South (in Frostproof). Might teach a little while he is down here too, or so I've heard....

• 5 weeks later...

I can't be there with you folks this year. My sister and brother-in-law (who I really like) are coming to visit so no USPSA that weekend. Fortunately, he likes to shoot so I can at least take him to the local range. And no, he is not USPSA ready so taking him to the match is not an option. Ratz!! :(

Edited by XD Niner

I am there too!!! Woohoo, gonna rock!!!

Nemo, you shootin' a skinny gun for the State Match

No skinnygun here, Z. To the contrary I shoot the fat gun, the BRT, the limited-6 smokewagon. Get it?

I am there too!!! Woohoo, gonna rock!!!

Nemo, you shootin' a skinny gun for the State Match

No skinnygun here, Z. To the contrary I shoot the fat gun, the BRT, the limited-6 smokewagon. Get it?

I am shootin' on a squad with a bunch of Revo shooters, so, yeah, I got :wacko:

Kevin,

I am sure there is room in the match, but have no idea about the squadding. There are lots of good folks and the majority of the match will be comprised of central Florida folks.

Come on down!

Leo,

Is there still room on one of your local Bay area squads? I heard there were a few spots left.

• 3 weeks later...