Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glocks New Slimline .45

Micah

Glock is beginning to become lefty-friendly. With the introduction of a slimmer 45 cal and ambi-mag release, the main question on my mind is...

Will this frame be allowed in Production?

glock21slim.jpg

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

Nice Photo Shop gun. I am testing the new G40. I have come to the conclusion that 4 rounds of .75 GAP is just not enough. I do like the extendable bayonet. The built in cell phone is nice.

When I personally see a slim line/single stack .45ACP Glock then I will believe it. ;)

They are taking pre-orders now.

http://www.topglock.com/catalog/SlimLineGlock21.htm

Thank you for the link. My photoshopping skills are remedial at best...however my question was a real one.

Besides...we all know that the G40 looks like this...

glock81.jpg

:D

:wacko: Dang will my current magazines work in that thing? Looks like I'm shopping for a new holster. ;) You guys just crack me up!

Itchy

That is the 3 shot pre-production G40. The one I am testing is the 4 shot production model. Anyone that would send Top Glock money before the gun is even out has lost their mind.

Do a search over on Glock Talk about Top Glock.

To return to your original question, why would it be eliminated from production when it is a production Glock (assuming they produce it).

It isn't as if a smith has modded it.

But then again I'm still learning the rules and haven't concentrated on Prod.

What's Glock Talk ??? ;)

Why would somebody question the validity of a new model Glock without at least doing a search on Google or Yahoo.

USE YOUR SEARCH FUNCTION PEOPLE! B)

The new model .45 is nice and all, but I would like to see it in a full size (regular size) frame. It almost seems like Glock dosent listen to their customers. A single-stack 9mm about the same size as the Kahr PM9 would go over bigger than the G19.

BTW PB, thats a model G-81 .......not a G-40 :rolleyes:

What's Glock Talk ??? ;)

It's twice the firepower (40 x 2)=80, and, like my amp which goes up one more, +1!

81 :D

To return to your original question, why would it be eliminated from production when it is a production Glock (assuming they produce it).

It isn't as if a smith has modded it.

But then again I'm still learning the rules and haven't concentrated on Prod.

Barrel conversions are banned in Prod because they add weight, and the lower is considered the "gun" portion of the pistol when shipping it out.

My line of thought is that if you use an unapproved lower, you are essentially using a different gun...not that I agree with that or anything...

Nice Photo Shop gun. When I personally see a slim line/single stack .45ACP Glock then I will believe it. ;)

It's the real deal, slimmer but not single stack. Ambi mag release and light rail on a somewhat slimmer frame. This is the gun that Glock came up with for the now mostly defunct Joint Combat Pistol request last year. Pre production frames exsist, it was rolled out at the wholesalers show a few weeks ago, and there will be a full blow roll out at 2007 SHOT in January.

See page 2 of this older thread for more info

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41228

As for production approval, who knows?

Edited by Middle Man

Competing with the Springfield XD 45 maybe?

Chris Keen: I too would like to see Glock make a reliable slim single-stack 9mm. When I was looking for a carry gun, I went with a Kahr P9 because it was the slimmest and lightest (I was new to concealed carry and wanted to make sure I always had it). The Internet crowd had me worried that it would be very unreliable, but it has been great so far (2 failures with WWB in 2500 rounds). That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Glock's "world famous" reliability in a useful carry gun :)

I've read that Justin Moon at Kahr has some patents on a few things in the action that make their guns really slim, like the offset loading, but I'm sure Gaston can think of something.

What's Glock Talk ??? ;)

Why would somebody question the validity of a new model Glock without at least doing a search on Google or Yahoo.

USE YOUR SEARCH FUNCTION PEOPLE! B)

The new model .45 is nice and all, but I would like to see it in a full size (regular size) frame. It almost seems like Glock dosent listen to their customers. A single-stack 9mm about the same size as the Kahr PM9 would go over bigger than the G19.

Howdy..just started posting...relative to GlockTalk...I do not know if you are kidding or are serious...but if you are serious ...Glocktalk has beem a Forum that seems to have information that you all might find useful from Time to Time and if you have never shot GSSF you might investigate. :D

Howdy..just started posting...relative to GlockTalk...I do not know if you are kidding or are serious...but if you are serious ...Glocktalk has beem a Forum that seems to have information that you all might find useful from Time to Time and if you have never shot GSSF you might investigate.

+5

Glock Talk has been around for many years. Great website and source of information. It's focus is all things regarding shooting (with a Glock tone) as well as some geo-political forums.

Glock is also suppose to produce a G 36 with a full length grip, and 5 in barrel/slide! G-36 tactical, if you look at what the Army is looking for in a new pistol, it makes sense that Glock will produce these 2 pistols to compete for the contract!

Hope they will solve the G36 reliability problems. I thought they had but had two out on the range last week for officers shooting backup guns and had several malfunctions. Thought they might be shooter caused but picked it up and shot several mags myself and had malfunctions as well. Not sure why glock cant figure out the 36 when the rest of the models kick butt.

Glock is also suppose to produce a G 36 with a full length grip, and 5 in barrel/slide! G-36 tactical, if you look at what the Army is looking for in a new pistol, it makes sense that Glock will produce these 2 pistols to compete for the contract!

Hope they will solve the G36 reliability problems. I thought they had but had two out on the range last week for officers shooting backup guns and had several malfunctions. Thought they might be shooter caused but picked it up and shot several mags myself and had malfunctions as well. Not sure why glock cant figure out the 36 when the rest of the models kick butt.

Yea, I have heard about the 36 probs, I think alot were cleared up with +10% mag springs. That light/short slide works real fast!

Edited by dirty whiteboy