Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kansas Uspsa/icore Match

pskys2

I'm trying to convince our local club to run the 2007 Kansas Sunflower Classic as a USPSA Match on Saturday and an ICORE Match on Sunday.

It would probably be a Plaque Only Match.

I think the most of the courses could be re-used, probably be around 180 rounds on each.

We had 80+ USPSA competitors the last several years at the Sunflower, how many would we get for an ICORE Match on the following Sunday?

Stay away from the Mississippi Classic on the 19th. :P

Does this mean we will see your smiling face in Jackson next year?

I hope.

I shall strive to endeavor. :P

"...to persevere."

Unfortunately my best info is the Sunflower will be that same weekend.

I know scheduling gets darn near impossible, but with several other major matches going on that same weekend, including the big IPSC/USPSA World Shoot qualifier match in Michigan (which a number of serious revolver people will surely choose to attend), CCPS would be wise to consider bumping the Sunflower to another weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Our schedule is such that the dates will be May 18-19 for the Sunflower. I am still planning to set up the following Sunday, the 20th, as an ICORE Match. Details later.

Since I'm to be part of the match staff this year I think we will try to improve the "Look" of the courses this year.

Hope the competition won't be too diluted, there's a lot of quality matches that same weekend. Almost a "Kick-Off" for the competition season. Sounds kind of like a neat event doesn't it, maybe it needs a collusion of authors to cover it in an article?

Dave, I think I will probably choose to attend the Sunflower Classic again this year, particularly if you do the ICORE thing on Sunday. That would be a ton of fun!

I had looked pretty hard at Targeting Education, but I'm really not sure I would want to go to Indonesia for the World Shoot in 2008 even if I did manage to qualify. Too far, too much time/money, too uncertain in terms of safety for U.S. travelers. I think I'll wait for the World Shoot to be in a better venue. However, I'm sure T.E. will be an excellent match for those who attend.

So let's get a group of serious wheelgunners to commit to shooting the Sunflower!! Guys, it's been a great match the last couple years--with a bonus ICORE match on Sunday, it will be the best revolver match that weekend anywhere in the country!

Edited by Carmoney

Great Mike, I should have info on the details of the match by early Feb. You going to the MW ICORE Regional in Arkansas. I'm probably going to hit it, hopefully with a car load of extras!

Dave, I was hoping to maybe catch that match in Feb., but unfortunately work interferes.

I'm excited about the Sunflower, though......think the Florida boys will show up again? :)

Where in Kansas?

Follow the yellow brick road (kill the witch, blah, blah) then ask the man behind the curtain. Follow instructions from various characters from there.

Que Glenda------->

Just west of Topeka, Kansas. It's just off of I-70.

http://www.capitalcitygunclub.com/pistol/ccps.html

This is the club's website.

Hope to see you there.

Dave

Thanks, Dave

Where in Kansas?

Follow the yellow brick road (kill the witch, blah, blah) then ask the man behind the curtain. Follow instructions from various characters from there.

Que Glenda------->

Don't I have to ask the man behind the curtain before I kill the witch? Or, was that the wizard?

Mike, no intention of running any ICORE Classifiers at the Sunflower. Don't know as if it matters. It seems all the money ICORE Matches use a form of the Lewis Scoring System anyway. Same as you guys did for the 2005 SS IA Classic. I think the IRC even uses it, doesn't it?

Now if you make the Arkansas MW Regional, Rocky MT Regional and I get a "Regional" title to the ICORE part of the Sunflower then you may be there.

Join Dean at the Ark MW ICORE Regional in February. I'm planning on attending and hope to have a couple of newbies tag along. I'm also hoping to have the Sunflower plans finalized by then.