Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remanufactued Ammo Dealers

KentG

Just looking for a list of remanufactured ammo dealers. I found Georga Arms, Precision, and the Junting Shack. Curious if there are more out there. Im looking for a supply of .40 ammo for a while, maybe longer untill I get all the parts and supplies to convert my dillon over from 45. If I find a good enough price I may just buy 40 long term instead of buying.

BTW has anyone shot Wolf 40 ammo in an Edge??? Its about as cheap it seems as the reloaded stuff I have seen so far.

Just to kinda jump on this thread, does anyone use "remanufactured" ammo from any of the sites listed in this thread. As I have just forked out for a "trusty side-arm" it may be a while before I get caught up and start looking at reloading equipment. In other threads there is some discussion of bullet OAL getting "shortened" when feeding and causing problems...Most of these sites showed a USPSA Major load for the .40, which seems like a good idea until I can reload my own, so just wondering if this is something anyone else has had some luck with. Thanks in advance for any input from the forum.

National Bullet Company

1585 East 361 St. Eastlake OH 44095

Phone 440-951-1854 Fax 440-951-7761

http://www.nationalbullet.com/

Remanufactured Ammunition

Prices on this page are for those customers who send in empty brass to be reloaded

40 S&W Ammunition

Weight Bullet F.P.S. Box 500 1000

180gr. FMJ 1006 10.00 85.00 139.00

Remanufactured Ammunition with their brass

40 S&W Ammunition

Weight Bullet F.P.S. Box 500 1000

180gr. FMJ 1006 13.00 119.00 199.00

Edited by vernbo

Precision Delta makes both SAAMI spec and long loaded .40 ammo that meets the USPSA major power factor. It is designed for use at USPSA matches and has an official pass at the chrono stage if declared on registration and picked up at the match. They have a practice match load that meets the same PF specifications, but with reloaded brass.

Thanks to all for the input, I contacted several of the sites and heard back from all. Atlanta Arms offers free shipping to members of the military so I plan to give them a try and go from there. Thanks again for the feedback.

Glad they told me that when I drove down there to pick up ammo. <_< I'm kidding. It was on the way and it was a nice break from the road.

Great people and a kick ass facility. You won't go wrong with them.

Rich

No difference as far as I am aware.

In both, the bullets, powder and primers are new manufacture (very rarely the bullets might be pulled from other ammo and the powder scavenged the same way, but I'd think the labor involved wouldn't make it cost effective, nor good for quality control). The brass case is what has been used before, and is part of the round actually being "reloaded".

The case is the most expensive part of the cartridge, and almost always has useable life left after just one firing. It's a matter of whether collection, cleaning and processing of the brass to get it back to reloadable condition is worthwhile.

For the small, individual reloader, new brass, say, in 40.S&W, can cost 15 cents a case or more. With shipping, I recently got headstamp sorted cases for about a sixth of that. I'd guess the differential for commercial reloaders is the same or better. Big savings that can get passed on to the consumer.

• 2 weeks later...

Remanufactured equals factory specifications with used brass.

Reloaded equals other specifications, normally lower velocity with used brass (or as stated by reloader).

Watch the Chain Stores sales you can buy factory for reloaded prices – 100 or 250 packs.

has anyone bought reloaded ammo in bulk? I would imagine If you bought enough.. say 10,000 rds, you should be able to buy reloads cheaper than you can reload them for yourself, because of the volume they purchase range brass and all that powder, primers and bullets for compared the price we would pay if we went to the store to buy enough materials to reload a 1000 rds.

Just looking for a list of remanufactured ammo dealers. I found Georga Arms, Precision, and the Junting Shack. Curious if there are more out there. Im looking for a supply of .40 ammo for a while, maybe longer untill I get all the parts and supplies to convert my dillon over from 45. If I find a good enough price I may just buy 40 long term instead of buying.

BTW has anyone shot Wolf 40 ammo in an Edge??? Its about as cheap it seems as the reloaded stuff I have seen so far.

I don't own an Edge, but I have shot plenty of Wolf ammo. I put perhaps 7000rnds of the stuff through an XD40 with good results. It feeds well in the XD's nickel plated mags, but in my Witness match I get some "bolt over base" misfeeds occasionally because the polymer coating seems cause more friction than brass and tends to slow down the feed of the rounds in the higher capacity magazines of the Match. Heavier magazine springs helped here (+5 Wolff springs). It is pretty accurate ammo however. You would have to test it in your gun to see. I fired it several of mine without problems, including the XD40, a Sig 226, and a Taurus PT140 Millenium Pro. I also have used their 9mm and 45 ACP with good results.

Let's see if I can reproduce the chrono data here:

40SW Wolf

180grn FMJTC

Speed in FPS

Average Speed

Power Factor

Standard Deviation

Gun = XD40 4" bbl

Ah... it worked. I didn't know if the stuff from a spreadsheet would keep it's layout here. As you can see, it makes major from a 4" barrel, so the 5" Edge should be at least as fast. This was taken on an overcast day of about 50 degrees. I don't know where you are, but if it is at least that warm outside you should make major.

has anyone bought reloaded ammo in bulk? I would imagine If you bought enough.. say 10,000 rds, you should be able to buy reloads cheaper than you can reload them for yourself, because of the volume they purchase range brass and all that powder, primers and bullets for compared the price we would pay if we went to the store to buy enough materials to reload a 1000 rds.

When you do the math, you save. Buy in bulk 10,000 lots of each or more.

You can tailor make your own to fit your equipment and style of shooting.

But if you figure in your time like some do, you may lose!

Remember is this a hobby or work for you.

Also remember the shipping costs, and/or travel to pick up the products adds to the expense.

Did you see This week sales in the paper.

9mm White box, $100 per 1,000 plus tax. (I save $25 loading my own, why reload)

40cal UMC $26 per 250 value pack plus tax.

And what is the going dollar for reloads, plus shipping or pickup.

These sales vary yearly, but keep an eye out

But do your own math and decide what’s in your favor.

And the larger the caliber the more you save if you buy in bulk.

Enjoy and shoot often.

Picked up 3 cases of Blazer 115's for $108 including tax per case. That was at Academy Sports with friends and family discount of 15% yesterday only. I would have bought more, but all they had was 3 cases.

Power factor from my M&P was 128.9 with this load yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually reload. But sometimes get behind due to work schedule. In these cases I use Atlanta Arms & Ammo. They have a sweet 147gr 9mm thats perfect for production. They also have a nice .40 match grade.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...