Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta Extrema 2's

benelli2

Who is out there using the extrema 2? and what are the problems, mine has been working well with minor exception of having occasional light strikes on the primer. Didn't start until after about 1700 rounds (first month before ESC). Also what modifications are you adding?

I will take some detail photos and post soon.

Ernie L. was also shooting one at Area 6 3 gun as well as one other local guy that bought one from me when I changed configurations to a 24" barrel.

All ran good in the match as far as I know, we were all shooting standard class.

Let's hear and see yours B)

jeff

post-169-1162918926.jpg

Had to compress and lost some quality

Jeff, this is wierd I almost posted this same thought today. Watched the promo on Beretta's web site yesterday and was curious if any one was using this for 3 gun. Looks to be a viable platform for a 3 gun shoty. Keith

minor exception of having occasional light strikes on the primer

Hey Jeff, I never get that in my Benelli :P

Abuse in under an hour of the thread being posted - must be a record :rolleyes:

Although interesting stats in the new Front Sight about what guages and numbers used at the USPSA 3 gun nats - I guessed Benelli would be the clear winner but was wrong with Remington taking 1st for most gun used.

Edited by mike.45

Any info shared is great. I've already been told by the fiance that I have to buy her a rifle when I get back. I think she's hinting at wanting to shoot 3-Gun. She doesn't quite have the upper body strength to lug a Remmy for a day (my opinion), and know she'd get drilled by a Benelli.

So with gas system of the Extrema and medium weight, it seems like a great option.

Rich

P.S. What's the difference between the regular 391 Extrema and the 2?

Edited by uscbigdawg

The only thing I saw on the Extrema 2 that I did not like was the plastic sleeve over the magazine tube......infact, on the sample I was able to look at. it was very much broken. I guess, if I had one....this would be a replacement part I would have ready to go. Ofcourse, all the shotguns out there have their respective little quirks.

They do seem to be very much a light shooting shotgun......but we all know that really, all semi's for 3 gun are junk (you know what I mean). They will all break at some point, not last as long as your pistol or rifle with the same useage, way too many moving parts in a very complicated mechanism that will wear out. That being said....there are one or 2 that rise to the top for this game...........and 1 or 2 laying out there in the weeds that no one seems to have touched on yet.

I should also mention, the Extrema 2 I worked with was this past summer.....has that part been changed?? If so, I'm gonna go lay down by my dish.

Tim

How did I know that YOU would want a pistol grip stock.

Kelly,

You know how heavy the Benelli's are, I can't hold that thing up on my shoulder like Kurt.

I need the crutch. :D

Jeff,

I'll bring a couple of cases to Benning and we'll go play again. I want to see what that Beretta can really do.

Erik

I just about bought one a couple of months ago. But after taking a CLOSE look at it I did not think it was "the gun" to have. I seemed a little front heavy to me. Also when I looked at the mag well (remember this is a 3 1/2" gun) it was deep and narrow when compared to a benelli or my loved browning. The magazine tube sits down in the gun and it seemed like you had to push the shells down into the mag well farther to get the shells into the magazine. It you weren't shy with a dremmel I guess it wouldn't matter then because you could really open up the mag well. The 391 does have the BEST and most reliable gas system on the market and maybe being a little front heavy would help in the recoil.

The extrema 1 and the extrema 2 have a different trigger system and a different stock design.

Scott

Hey benelli2, I got an Extrema2 too. After playing with yours at ESC06 (how many empties did we get in the air at one time?) it was inevitable. Mine is a 26" black synthetic with the kick-off device that I guess will have to go to comply with standard div. I cannot collect it yet as I am still waiting for my licence to come back to me with the authorization on it, it is still with Steve at Shield Shooting Centre, where everyone who visits has been playing with MY GUN.

The cost? like y'all said, it's ugly. But maybe not quite as ugly as the Browning Golds that are quite common now in the UK.

Photos? You show me yours and i'll show you mine....When I have some.

Geoff

Extrema Owners Club UK Founder

Well no one who knows me will ever accuse me of being bashful with a dremel, that is for fine work, I start with the grinder, dremels are for sissys. the fact the tube is down deeper in the receiver was noticed by mike 45 and kurt at the ESC and I have relieved the offending area of the reveiver so this thing loads equally well left or right handed, the large loading gate makes it easy to get a shell in and I have also hogged that area a bit as well, gas ports are opened up so it will shoot the lightest thing I can find or want to shoot, reliably shoots BP reduced recoil slugs and locks the 3 1/2" bolt to the rear and I haven't changed any springs. I expect Ernie L. to be making a few mods on his very soon, though I was disappointed in him he blacked out his camo gun, guess he didn't want to be associated with the likes of Kurt and I.

later

jc