Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Minor .40 Load

Putty

Looking for a minor load with TiteGroup and a 180 grn JHP Zero. Give a shout out.

3.5grs of TG

1.135 OAL

WSP

MG 180 JHP

Out of a G35, I was getting 740 fps.

+1

3.5 grs. TG

1.145" oal

Fed 100

Zero 180 TMJ

13lb spring in G35

3.0-3.3 clays 3.0 is on the edge of minor

185 precisions

1.135 OAL

WSP

Mixed brass

XD .40 tactical

Just wondering....

Had the chronoman do my XD-40 Tact at the Gator match. His setup is very similiar to what you will find at an Area match. Dual CED in a box with IR lighting. With...

2.5 Clays

185 Precision Moly

1.125 OAL

Win SP Primer

Win Brass

We got 131pf.

With 3.3 of Clays I got high 150's pf on my chrono. Why the big difference in charge weights?

Looking for a minor load with TiteGroup and a 180 grn JHP Zero. Give a shout out.

3.5grs of TG

1.135 OAL

WSP

MG 180 JHP

Out of a G35, I was getting 740 fps.

Sounds dead on. Pretty accurate...cheap...soft...easy to get. Even works in the G20 with the KKM 40 barrel.

I worked up some minor/IDPA ESP loads recently and found the primer selection can significantly affect the Standard of Deviation for a load. The table is results taken with my G35 with a Jarvis barrel. All of the loads were shot on the same day so there are no differences in temperature, etc. Everything was loaded on a Dillon 650. The Federal small pistol Mag primers generally delivered a lower SD. I also tried some Federal mag small rifle primers, however, they were less consistent than the either the Fed 100's or Fed 200's. I had never suspected the primer selection would make such a significant difference until I tried this.

Keith

Primer_Comparison.pdf