Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas!

AikiDale

Back when I was in elementary school, the school got made at our 5th grade teacher for teaching karate after school. Though in high school in a police science class, the local PD Sgt was teaching us how to disarm someone in case you know the guy will shoot you. He knew he wasn't suppose to teach that but did anyways.

Everybody that pats this guy on the back deserves to go to a gun fight, armed with sissors! Sorta puts me in mind of pi$$ing into the wind. Someone told me you put your money into a bank and hire a armed guard to watch over it you put your children \ future into a building and put up a sign "Gun Free Zone"

This is the mindset we should be teaching kids, RESIST!

Fight Back Video

Looks very effective...watch all the things going on. Teacher tells other students to flee, wounded student is treated by another student taking off his shirt used as a bandage.

and yes, if we're in an enclosed space I have scissors and you have a gun...21 feet or less there's a excellent chance I will be able to kill you. Mindset, Tactics, Skill, and Gear are important to winning the fight in that order. 80% of people shot with handguns live thanks to modern medicine...those odds sure beat getting executed shot in the back of the head.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

Six months ago I signed my 12 year old up at the Krav Maga center where I work out. I am happy to say that this very slender, small young man will now fight like a pit bull if attacked. Now that makes a momma proud! For those of you with kids, check out the Krav center in your area as most have great kids programs. What they are teaching them are not only great conditioning and physical fitness but may save their lives one day. Heck with turn the other cheek.....I want to see him knee someone where it counts and shove their nose in with his elbow!!! :wub: Their focus is hurt them and then get away!!!

They were discussing that here on the local talk radio this morning. The general consensus was that the actions suggested by the training wasn't a tough enough response. Throw books?! Hell, some folk suggested things using a pen that would be darn near torture. That's the Texas I love!

in corpus christi, just last week a 14 year old kid (young man) shot a criminal who had broke into his house, tied him and his mother up, and threatened to kill him and his mother multiple times. the young man and his mother then got free, and run up stairs. As the criminal tired to push the door open, the young man and his mother held it closed. As the door was being forced open, the boy stuck his fathers gun in the opening and shot the criminal one time in the head killing him instantly...

they said that the boy would be mentally scared forever... i say not nearly as mentally scared as him seeing his mother raped and killed in front of his eyes... hats off to a brave kid.

in corpus christi, just last week a 14 year old kid (young man) shot a criminal who had broke into his house, tied him and his mother up, and threatened to kill him and his mother multiple times. the young man and his mother then got free, and run up stairs. As the criminal tired to push the door open, the young man and his mother held it closed. As the door was being forced open, the boy stuck his fathers gun in the opening and shot the criminal one time in the head killing him instantly...

they said that the boy would be mentally scared forever... i say not nearly as mentally scared as him seeing his mother raped and killed in front of his eyes... hats off to a brave kid.

+1

I sure like the mind set behind this, but after watching the video I'd much prefer that the teacher was laying on top of the shooter rather than the students. I understand the concept that there has to be a general at the rear to avoid chaos and for sure a teacher would be better equiped, but thinking about one of my daughters laying on top of a psycho with a gun while a teacher is directing activities doesn't sit well with me either.

Along the same idea, the county is building a new high school in my area. My property taxes are sky-rocketing to pay for it! How about we use some of the funds they are sucking from us to send the school staff to some special forces training!!! Think I might just make a effort to suggest that...

;)

I sure like the mind set behind this, but after watching the video I'd much prefer that the teacher was laying on top of the shooter rather than the students. I understand the concept that there has to be a general at the rear to avoid chaos and for sure a teacher would be better equiped, but thinking about one of my daughters laying on top of a psycho with a gun while a teacher is directing activities doesn't sit well with me either.

Watch the video again, the teacher helped take down the bad guy too...the only reason this works is because the shooter is overwhelmed with bodies holding them down. One teacher that may be smaller than the shooter isn't going to do the job.

edit: this is something parents need to address with their children individually...on another forum where we discussed this topic at length, many parents including law enforcement officers said they've told their children to run away as fast as they can if something is really going down, and not to hide in the class rooms per standard school lock down procedures.

Unfortunately, it is probably only a matter of time until there is a Beslan incident in the United States. Most of the children who survived, ran away during the initial assault and were never taken hostage.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

As to practical application of this method, it would only work at secondary schools. I sincerely doubt that most K-6 graders could be trained to be that aggresive against an adult attacker. I don't think you could train most elementary teachers or front office staff to be aggresive...especially in a single day seminar which is about all the time they could/would spare for training. My daughter's elementary doesn't have cameras or electronic locks and the front office secretary selectively enforces rules. I already spoke to the principal about it and based on his attitude, my response was also to train my daughter to run and leave the building if a stranger comes in with a gun. Fortunately, her kindergarten teacher is burly Aggie (that hunts every fall) but his type is the exception not the rule in the school district.