Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Space City Challenge

It would kinda help to know if there are going to be Sunday squads(vacation requests, hotel reservations, etc.)

I here ya but in order to have Sunday Squads I have to have enough shooters to justify it. We are not there yet but we are close. I have your match app and like I said I anticipate there will be enough interest, it has almost always sold out in years past. We did a few things different this year as cost saving measures in order to make the prize table better. It was a gamble but I think it is going to work. I have had countless people tell me their app is on the way, even from our home club, I guees people are recovering from the holidays. Look forward to seeing you there.

Are there any Sat. spots open? Who is going? I am trying to decide if I want to make the long Journey from El Norte Tejas. I have never been to this match before but I have read in the past about great stages and tuff shooters. Please give comments about the match.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jd, It's worth the drive(or the flight)! You & Kale better get your entries in pretty soon. I guess Kale told you I'd haul all your stuff down if you guys decide to fly, didn't he? Between you two, one other guy, & my own ammo, I'll have enough for a small war! hahahaha. See ya at Dbl Tap! MLM

Jd, It's worth the drive(or the flight)! You & Kale better get your entries in pretty soon. I guess Kale told you I'd haul all your stuff down if you guys decide to fly, didn't he? Between you two, one other guy, & my own ammo, I'll have enough for a small war! hahahaha. See ya at Dbl Tap! MLM

SouthWest has 80 dollar one way tickets to Houston; Kale has offered to drive but you may still have to take our gear because Kale's truck will be full of all the sand he will taking to the match!!!!HAHA. See you at the Ranch.

Got more sponsors on board as of today. Pruett's guns and ammo were generous enough to donate an AK-47 for the prize table.Action shooting supply will be at the match selling his supplies. Top gun ranges has also stepped up as a sponsor. We are still working on the self squadding please bear with us. we are are learning as we go. Still need some match app's

Edited by lppd4

Got more sponsors on board as of today.

That's great!

Do you know if any vendors are setting up tables? Getting close to buying powder and primers but I would like to buy from the sponsors if possible.

Thanks.

Bill

talk with the guy who owns Action Shootin Supply, he usually has some powder and primers etc.

Got more sponsors on board as of today.

That's great!

Do you know if any vendors are setting up tables? Getting close to buying powder and primers but I would like to buy from the sponsors if possible.

Thanks.

Bill

Yes check with Tom Duchmann of Action Shooting Supplies. I talked to him Monday he will be at the match. he would love for the competitors to pre order and he will be able to deliver at the match. I am also in discussions with Springfield Armory and Smith & Wesson to try to get them as match sponsors. We are close to getting something done with Springfield through their top gun program. My goal is still to give away 10 guns I think We will meet the goal easily and possibly excced the goal. More match applications means more on the prize table

• 2 weeks later...

Self squadding is up and going sorry for the delay. If you have not received a password I have been told that your PIN number located near your name on your front sight magazine will work or you can scroll down and indicate that you forgot your password and a new one will be generated and sent to you almost immediately. We are still getting sponsors on board 4 Springfield XD 9mm pistols will be on the prize table along with gift certiicates from Motana Gold, products from Surefire, STI, Bulletworks, SV, Precision Delta and others.

Who can I speak with to confirm that my entry arrived??? Sent it out on the 7th - my name's not on the self squad list, yet?? :) Also, sent you a PM several days ago asking the same question... ;)

ETA - I just dropped a note directly to Steve Deardorff, as well... ;)

Edited by XRe

I don't fully understand the squadding.

There's Friday shooters - No problem there.

There's Sunday shooters - I get it.

But then there's 8am Saturday and Noon on Saturday. :unsure:

Do the 8am squads shoot all eight stages on Saturday and the noon squads shoot some on Saturday and some on Sunday?

-Chet

I don't fully understand the squadding.

There's Friday shooters - No problem there.

There's Sunday shooters - I get it.

But then there's 8am Saturday and Noon on Saturday. :unsure:

Do the 8am squads shoot all eight stages on Saturday and the noon squads shoot some on Saturday and some on Sunday?

-Chet

Chet the Saturday squads are all day sorry for the confusion

We are at about 135 shooters and would love to have more. Self squadding is up and running and more sponsors arel coming in. Would love to have 50 or more apps come in. Still working on getting the stages designed. Man this is a lot of work. I had no idea.

Edited by lppd4

Don't quote me on this, but the RO's usually shoot on Friday. I wasn't aware that any competitors were allowed or encouraged to shoot on that day. BUT, I'm no the one running the match, just speaking from past expierences there, so YMMV.

Link to the self squadding? Maybe? I know where I'd like to be in at, just don't have the info to do it...

a few shooters shot on friday last year that weren't part of the match crew. steve should get back to ya on that soon. ken, self squadding is under additional content on uspsa.com. click on additional content and then self service squadding. if you need a password, click on the forgot my password option and one will be supplied to your email account that you supplied with your registration.

Edited by clown

Go to this page:

http://www.uspsa.org/squadding/index.php?a...024&indx=45

Choose a squad. Click on your name to get to the update page. You can use the pin number from the address label of your Front Sight magazine as a password. Your Front Sight label is unique. You CAN use the "Lost Password" option to have a password generated for you.

The "Lost password" option does not work if you do not have a current e-mail address on file.

David C

Edited by geezer-lock

Is it still posible to get two shooter in to shoot on Friday?

Yes we are allowing some competitors to shoot on Friday. Get your app in while there are still slots available.

Edited by lppd4

Is it still posible to get two shooter in to shoot on Friday?

Yes we are allowing some competitors to shoot on Friday. Get your app in while there are still slots available.

:) Ok thanks = Looks like that is the only way I could do it :)

Guys,

A few more details. The plan is for us to provide hotdogs for lunch on Saturday and most likely Sunday. The La Porte Tactical Officers Association is going to seel drinks and chips to go with the dogs. The dogs will be free but feel fre to make a donation with all proceeds goig to the LPTOA. S & W has donated 2 Sigma pistols to be given away off of the prize table and if I can get some more apps I will buy 4 more Springfield pistols,8 total, to be given away. I have 4 Shooter's Connection Range Bags coming. Certificates for bullets or actual bullets from Montana Gold, Bulletworks, Atlanta arms and ammo. An Ak-47, Sti frame, SV parts, CED 25% off certificates, a custom 10-22, range memberships, products from Comp-tac and Hoffners and I am working on more. Hope everyone enjoys the match it has been more work putting it together than I ever dreamed.

As a small time match director I can appreciate the effort you are having to put in. Probably like my job (X) 1000 or so, I imagine.

As an aside, I did notice something on the self squading link, pertaining to yours truly. I'm listed as shooting open, and it should be limited (squad 4). I emailed Steve D, but don't actually know if he's the one to make the change. Soooo, if you or someone else could help me out it'd be great. Either that, or I better load up a pile of .38 Super and get to practicing, huh?