2007 Space City Challenge

Announcing Space City Challenge 2007

Houston Texas

April 20-22, 2007

8 Stages 200+ Rounds

Cash Awards and Trophies

Random Prize Table

Match Fee $100 (after April 1st $125) Juniors $50

RO’s Free (If signed up early. After 12/1/2006 $50)

No Refunds after April 1st

USPSA Internet Self Squadding

www.texassouthsection.com

SCC 2007 Entry Form

Edited by shred

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slowly but surely trying to put the match together. I need RO"s in the worst way if interested please let me know. I also am working on sponsors and have several already lined up and working on more.

Edited by lppd4

Space City Challenge 2007 will be formatted like last years match. RO's and staff will shoot on Friday and possibly a few competitors. The majority of the shooters will shoot Saturday and we will have small squads shooting on Sunday. I thought it worked well last year so we are doing it again. I am trying to put together a very good prize table. My goal is to give away at least 10 guns, of course this depends upon sponsor and shooter participation. It won't be 10 really expensive pistols but I am trying acquire 10 firarms that anyone would be proud to win. The match has sold out early in years past so get your apps in early.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Girls and Guys

We had a slow start in receiving match applications for the 2007 Space City Challenge but we are catching up. If you plan on joining us please send your app's in ASAP. We are growing closer to our goal of giving away 10 guns, I have a SS Springfield Mil spec pistol ordered that Ed Van den Burgh is going to customize for us Also have a custom 10-22 rifle that has been promised. I am going to work on more guns and prizes. it is easier when you know who and how many are coming. Thanks

Good to hear there is still room for a few more shooters. I have several friends express interest.

Is there a date when the Self Squading will be set up?

Thanks.

Bill

Don't know yet I have to be able to determine if we need to shoot on Sunday. If I have enough shooters we shoot, if not it would be Saturday only. I anticipate there will be enough interest to support several squads on Sunday and self squadding would be available by mid to late March.

It would kinda help to know if there are going to be Sunday squads(vacation requests, hotel reservations, etc.)

I here ya but in order to have Sunday Squads I have to have enough shooters to justify it. We are not there yet but we are close. I have your match app and like I said I anticipate there will be enough interest, it has almost always sold out in years past. We did a few things different this year as cost saving measures in order to make the prize table better. It was a gamble but I think it is going to work. I have had countless people tell me their app is on the way, even from our home club, I guees people are recovering from the holidays. Look forward to seeing you there.

Still need applications. We strayed from the traditional match shirts. This year it will be a polo type shirt with an embroideried logo on the left breast. I thought this was a good idea before the thread started in this forum. I hope those who purchased shirts will like them. It is comprised of the state of Texas in Red, White and Blue, with Space city challenge 2007 circling the state and an IPSC target where Houston is. Red shirts for match staff and royal blue for competitors. If you did not order a shirt, it is not too late. If you want one when you see it, I will make arrangements to have one sent to you at a slightly higher cost, probably $30.00.

Prize table will be held on Saturday and will be by random drawing need not be present to win. STI is on board as a sponsor, along with blue wonder gun products, bulletworks, aquiola firearms Ed Van Den Burgh and others. the goal is to give 10 guns. Will have several other very nice prizes. Awards will be on Sunday with plaques given out and small monetary amounts for division,class winners etc.

We are ready to go! Just waiting for the self squadding to come up. Thanks you guys for putting this match on. It has been fun every year I've shot it & I even managed to talk my brother into coming from Florida to shoot with me. Hurry up April! MLM

I hope to start self squadding About March 1st. I still need applications to justify Sunday squads. We are almost there but need apps in a bad way. Montana Gold and Shooters Connection have stepped up as sponsors and still have a few others to firm up details with. Get those apps in please.

Plan to have self squadding up by the end of the week. We have approximately 110 shooters and expect more. We have enough to justify Sunday squads. We are getting sponsors together. bought a Colt SS Gov't model that will be given away as a raffle gun. The gun will be customized by Ed Van den Burgh it should be a prize worth well over a $1000.00. We also plan to buy Glock gun certificates that will be given away on the prize table. The certificate will entitle the winner to a Glock 17 19 22 23 etc. There will be a small surcharge for some of the Glock models for example the certificate plus some cash for a 34 or 35. we hope to have about 4-6 of these. Of course it all depends upon match participation. Still need apps Thanks