Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

06 Open Nats Gossip Thread...

Karl at GT Targets engineered some forward falling poppers for our home club. First test model had some issues, but with our feedback he created the present version which is GREAT !! It has a drop away hook like a lot of others, but adds a rubber pressure stopper with tension adjust so that you can control for power factor AND prevent a gust of wind from dropping the popper prematurely. Fantastic !

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a design at the Waco club that's awful nice, too... It uses two latches behind the popper face that interlock and drop away via gravity. They also cam together to insure that the lower one drops as the popper face moves backwards. No issues w/ wind on those, either, and it seems to be very reliable...

Bruce (I spend *way* too much time in hotels...)

Bruce...when in doubt (heck...even when not in doubt) check out tripadvisor.com before you book anywhere. Lots of reviews on hotels there...and prevents you from making mistakes others have made.

I had a great time meeting a bunch of you guys and ladies finally. Saturday night was CRAZY in the upstairs portion of the Irish bar. I got to meet Flex, Steve Moneypenny, Shootergirrl, Steve Anderson, and a bunch of others that are too numerous to list. I also got to squad with Flying40. He is a hell of a shooter and helpful to a fairly new open shooter like myself. You all made my first Nationals an experience I won't soon forget. I will glue my comp back on my gun and try again next year.

Dave,

It was great spending the week with you. You should have heard us armchairing what happened to your pistol on 18. Hopefully everything is already back together.

Kenny

New numbers were up this morning.

Chris Tilley must have really put the wood to them on Saturday.

(From a 10 point lead to 27) :)

It was great to see Tilley win, and his acceptance speech was pretty speech was pretty cool too.

Max M. had some accuracy issues on stage 4, the SS's 2nd to last stage of the match, including a miss which basically accounted for the points differenential when you look at hit factors.

Actually, TGO had a dead center no-shoot hit on stage 4, but he had about a 60 point lead so it did not threaten his win.

The match was great, range, stages, people, everything. But the best part to me was our squad(3). Every shooter there realy wanted the other shooters to do well. They all helped out pasting and resetting targets, cheered the other shooters on and helped with ideas on shooting the stages. The whole squad was made up of real sportsmen/sportswomen. We also had the pleasure of having two female shooters on our squad, so we didn't have to wait for the golf cart to come around to see something pretty. I realy mean it when I say THIS WAS THE BEST SQUAD I HAVE EVER SHOT WITH, local or major matches and I've shot with some realy great squads.

I hope to see you guys and gals again next year.

Ronnie

The match was great, range, stages, people, everything. But the best part to me was our squad(3). Every shooter there realy wanted the other shooters to do well. They all helped out pasting and resetting targets, cheered the other shooters on and helped with ideas on shooting the stages. The whole squad was made up of real sportsmen/sportswomen. We also had the pleasure of having two female shooters on our squad, so we didn't have to wait for the golf cart to come around to see something pretty. I realy mean it when I say THIS WAS THE BEST SQUAD I HAVE EVER SHOT WITH, local or major matches and I've shot with some realy great squads.

I hope to see you guys and gals again next year.

Ronnie

All I can say is ditto.

Your squad sounded like mine. Oh yea, it was. ;)

I have to say that Squad 3 was probably one of the best I've shot with too. Everyone was so positive and encouraging. Shooting to do their best and respectful of everyone else. A real pleasure to shoot with you guys. :D

BTW, I was wearing tactical wet weather gear... not shorts. ;):lol:

At any of the Level III matches I've been to, I don't think I've been squadded on what I'd consider a "bad squad"... Squad 9 was a lot of fun - and I met a lot of good folks. It was interesting that the bulk of my squad were also LEOs.

Good times :D

It was a great match. I did enjoy myself very much, even if I obviously was one of the few that didn't make the 165 :angry: anyway time to move on ... :lol:

here are some pice I made for those who are interested..

http://www.wilda.de/usnationals/usnatsbilder.htm

DVC Chris

Those are great pictures. I did notice you have one picture of 'Mike Seeklander' (mseeklander1.jpg) which is actually Phil Strader.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC