Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Midwest 3gun Championship And More...

Mike we have made changes to the vest with new plates and Velcro and you use it for weak or strong hand reloading Kurt miller has his new one and is faster with his reloads. even Benny Hill may want to try it he even let me put on his web site.

Ty,

You are right, but saying stuff like that will only start old Mel off, so I have edited the post to better convey what I was trying to say !

Got a 'as modeled by Ty' chest rig off Mark Otto - what a great piece of kit !! Thanks Mark !!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a snapshot of the most recent range addition. This will definitely ad some some new elements of fun to the COFs. Rock was delivered just after this was taken.

This new addition lets us go from pistol to medium range rifle(100-200yds) with flash targets.

Range.JPG

Range_Layout.jpg

I am registered for this since late December but now I may have to back out :angry:

Looks like Im in for a major job change and wont have vaccation to use. Crap. I have a hotel booked and the rest.

If that powerball thing would work out I could stop this silly worry about work and income and devote my time to being the greatest average shoter in the world ;)

Is it possible to get some definative facts on the match? Hello CMMG what is the format? What days do we shoot? What is the round count?

Heck, I can stay home and practice for a lot less than this mystery match.

JimStc

Is it possible to get some definative facts on the match? Hello CMMG what is the format? What days do we shoot? What is the round count?

Heck, I can stay home and practice for a lot less than this mystery match.

JimStc

If it helps, I emailed them directly and was told everyone will shoot on Friday, Saturday and Sunday with all prizes and awards given out on Sunday with no idea as to what time they expect to be done on Sunday. They are shooting the same rules as DPMS.

Edited by ap3

jimstc, yeah, you could stay at home and practice for alot less. but if you look at the squad list, i doubt the same caliber of shooters would be at your practice session. :lol:

if you ask your questions here, you can probably get answers, if you've had no luck getting ahold of the match director. i agree it can be frustrating, but the match is a good one, and worth trying to attend. hope you can make it.

it is basically an IMGA style match. utilizing DPMS's version of IMGA rules. you can see the rules on 3gunrules.com website.

Trapr

• 2 weeks later...

Range Overview

Overview.jpg

1.jpg

COF#1-The Run Around

This is the latest range addition we have made. This should be a fun one!

COF is combination pistol/rifle. COF begins with shooter engaging tree, plate-rack, and four poppers. Shooter moves to 2nd pistol box and engages shooting star and paper. Pistol is unloaded and left at spool near fallen poppers. Rifle is retrieved at nearest spool where all six flash targets are engaged from over spool. Shooter then moves to 2nd spool and engages the six targets a second time from left side of spool. Targets are then engaged a third time from right side of spool.

Minimum Round Count:

Pistol:31rds

Rifle:18rds

2.jpg

COF#2-Garson’s Revenge

Garson is solely responsible for this course. He is quite the evil one.

COF is combination shotgun/pistol. COF begins with shooter engaging poppers and clays. Number three popper(from left) must be engaged and neutralized before shooting star is engaged. The crazy clay is a NO SHOOT. Shotgun will be unloaded and placed in bin. Pistol is retrieved from spool. Shooter engages all paper targets and plate rack.

Minimum round Count:

Shotgun:16

Pistol:46

3.jpg

COF#3-Holding Down the Fort

Armed only with your favorite pistol and shotgun, make your last stand and make us proud!

COF is combination pistol/shotgun. COF begins with shooter engaging poppers, plate rack and shooting star with pistol. Shooter will unload pistol and leave on spool. Shooter will retrieve shotgun and engage all poppers and clays.

Minimum Round Count:

Pistol: 22rds

Shotgun: 16rds

Edited by CMMG

4.jpg

COF#4 Shelter-Skelter

Arial reconnaissance photos were unable to determine the actual shooting boxes hidden under the shelter. Shooter may have be adaptive to make it through this COF!

COF is combination shotgun/rifle. COF begins with shooter engaging poppers, clays, and crazy clays. Shotgun is unload and stowed in bin. Rifle is retrieved and 4 flash targets and two lolly-pops are engaged from 2 shooting positions.

Minimum Round Counts:

Shotgun:13

Rifle:12

5.jpg

COF#5 Homeless Outrage

Pushed over the brink, you are a homeless person with a vendetta against a rat infestation. Although this appears to be a straight forward COF, rumor has it that shooters will be burdened by and undisclosed prop for the duration of the COF. Targets have been given rat tales to add to the realism.

COF is combination shotgun/pistol. Shooter begins in a cardboard box and engages poppers and clays on left. Shotgun is unloaded and left in bin. Pistol is retrieved and cardboard and poppers are engaged.

Minimum Round Count:

Shotgun: 14

Pistol:25

6.jpg

COF#6-We couldn’t come up with a good name COF.

The name says it all.

COF is combination rifle/pistol. Shooter engages all flash targets from two boxes, unsupported. Rifle is unloaded and left on spool. Pistol is retrieved and poppers are engaged from box. Shooter may advance and fire at remaining cardboard.

Minimum Round Count:

Rifle:8

Pistol: 28

7.jpg

COF#7 Hard Deck

The bruiser COF! Do you have what it takes?

COF is combination shotgun/rifle. Shooter engages four cardboard with a maximum of 8 slugs. Shotgun is unloaded and rifle is retrieved. Shooter engages 7 flash targets between 100-200yds. For those feeling lucky, we have placed a gong at 340yds. This bonus will result in time off final score. No penalty if missed.

Minimum Round Count:

Shotgun:8

Rifle: 14

Im entered and paid but must withdraw due to changing jobs. Who do I contact?? I have tried to send to emails at the registration site but am not getting a reply.

Edited by tnek

I must be missing something here. Is it 7 stages with the following round count?:

152 pistol

52 rifle

59 birdshot

8 slugs

How can this take 3 days of shooting?

I must have missed something because this looks like a one day shoot.

jimstc

I am a pretty new to this game, but I don't think the round count was a whole lot different at last years Tri-gun Challenge (a 3 day shoot), or the Rocky Mountain 3-gun (another 3 day shoot). Anytime you get 150 - 200 shooters on a range with 7 stages, it just takes a while to get everyone through safely I guess.

I went to this shoot last year. Even with horrible rains, mud, slippery conditions, I found this shoot to be very enjoyable. Great people to visit with, some awesome shooters to watch and learn from, and a great prize table where I think everyone was able to take something home. Can't ask for more than that I guess. As an added note, the CMMG guys and gals are the best. Not once during last years shoot, did I see a cross look or bad attitude. They had made plans for an awesome shoot and the night prior to the start of shooting, wind and rain blew those plans away. Props, target stands, and shelters were knocked down or destroyed. To their credit, they were still able to put together a great shoot.

If you can make it, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Brian E. Payne

CMMG, I hope that COF's that show unloading shotguns, will allow guns to be on safe or unloaded. Speed unloading of shotguns has already been shown to be tricky to unsafe.

pistols and rifles using magazines are easy enough to unload, however many matches run with guns empty or on safe when left behind. If they will be placed in a safe direction when left, you might think about allowing empty or on safe to be acceptable. The use of "bins" allows for guns to be safely left behind "on safe"

see ya'll soon.......................Trapr

CMMG,

On COF #7 what distance will the shotgun targets be placed?

What is the "bonus" for the 340 yard gong? I assume that the clock will be kept running while engaging the gong. What is the diameter of the gong??

Thanks!!