Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Cycles Too Slow

bigbrowndog

the british comedian, benny hill......is on vacation,

So i'll ask youz guys!! the bolt on my m1, returns to battery way to slowly, rearward is plenty quick, but forward is like dial up service. several guys at ESC06, noticed and it didn't bother me there, because of target transitions, however...today i went and tried to drive it hard, and PRESTO...hammer follow.

i am reasonably certain its just slower lately, and i'm not faster lately. any intelligent quesses, oh wait i forgot, who i was asking........just kidding :lol::lol:

help

thanks trapr

I'm confused, is the gun in London or is the Queens #1 cop in SA? Hard to keep up with the international jet set these days. If the spring and tube are free is the fork bent? Bolt free in the carrier? Is it possible that sometimes the hooks are not catching and the hammer is rideing the bolt home. Is the lifter free as the bolt is closeing? I just ran out of parts and knowhow. Call Benny monday morning.----------Larry

Ha !

No Trapr and I were test firing his M1 in Greece as it was playing up and as we were shooting it we noticed the go slow bolt thing.

Coming back in recoil the bolt is the usual speed, its just when the bolt is going forward when it happens. It confused the heck out of us ! We lubed it, changed over trigger groups and nothing seemed to solve it.

SAY WHAT!!!!!!! :huh::blink:

dog is african/american :lol:

gun is HK import, OK jeff i'll bite.......how do I tell if its african or european?

BTW, i got the spring out, and it didn't seem to be heavily oiled. however the tail end was a little curled, the end furthest from the bolt. by a little i mean maybe 20 or 30 degrees and only 1.5" to 2".

trapr

• 2 weeks later...

EUREKA!!!!!!!!!

that little brit comedian fixed it, we replaced the main spring(recoil) with one from a -------, and removed a little -------. Benny said if i told he'd hafta kill me, trade secrets and all, that stuff.

suffice it to say i can now shot my M1 with complete confidence, if you need some Benelli "whispering" done, call Benny.

Trapr

• 3 months later...

Trapr,

My M1 is showing symptons very similar to yours - slow bolt etc, it now jams every 5 shots or so, case not extracted, round on carrier andf not chambered, and I outshoot it constantly - something I normally find hard to do - what did Benny do exactly !!! I fighure new recoil spring, but what else :unsure:

It needs some Triangle mojo baby ! ;)

Mikey, he shaved the bolt (you'll have to ask him how much), and he replaced the spring with one from an M2. Other than that, I don't recall any special chants or anything. Oh, wait we sacrificed a rubber chicken, and I had to wear a @#$%^, while he was performing the exoricism. ;)

trapr

mike.45

I did my own bolt and others for friends.......i took half a pound off of it......take off the forward ear then mill the ejection port side of the bolt down flat....just don't take to much off or you will end up in the carrier portion of the bolt whole...need a little meat there......if you want a little more....take it off the bottom center......and just run a standard recoil spring......

Edited by Helmut

Wow - I must run out and get one of them there Benellis... they ALWAYS work :wacko: .

The more I hear about these Italian POS's, the more comfortable I feel with my lowly 11-87 :D .

Mike needs a couple of springs. Shoot that remmy enough to run with that crowd and see how big your scrap pile of parts is.--------------Larry

Edited by lkytx

Mike, I think the gun decided to slow down to match your shooting

OUCH !!! So you mean the gun is just being considerate ? I love these things... will it start to do the laundry and buy beer as well ! :lol:

I will get a new spring. Benny why did you stick a M2 spring in Traps gun - any particular reason or was that what was at hand ? Brownells only shows two recoil springs, both are for the M1, one is a heavy spring and one is standard - which one would be best mate ?

All one has to do is look at the amount of posts about Benellis not running and Remingtons not running ( about 15 on Remington to one on the Benelli ) to know which is more reliable. Anything can break, or collapse a spring, but it is the frequency we are worried about. All I can say is that Remington has sold more Benellis than all the duck hunting ads Benelli ever produced. :lol: KURTM