Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone else move up?

Ron Ankeny

They only calculate  like quarterly, and by the time the next quarter comes around any other classifiers will be counted too. This happened to me a few years ago...I had a 93.5 average and put in another 95%+ classifier..but they didn't recalculate until a couple of months later with a few more classifiers added..by the time they did recalculate, instead of going to GM, my average went down...so now I don't worry about it.

Pat

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat, got this from USPSA's Website

"While new classifications are calculated and cards sent monthly, previously classified shooters have their classifications calculated monthly. (this was formerly done on a quarterly basis. The update was changed to montly at the August, 1999 USPSA Board of Directors meeting)

I also answered my original question by finding this:

"To become classified a shooter must have six valid scores submitted (only four valid scores are required to obtain your initial classificaiton, after which a minimum of 6 are used to calculate updated percentages).

So it sounds like I need six valid scores before they calculate the "updated percentage".

I have only 5.....

I was pretty happy last month- After taking nearly a year off (bought a new house). I decided to hit it hard and after 3 classifiers,I went from 59 something to 65 something. My goal for the year is to have my "A" card before the end (of the year). I am new to BEcom and it didn't help my move to B (because I found the site after),But from what I have seen here it will definatley be a large help in going higher.

Steve

Its going to be interesting to see which member of "Team Ancient" makes Master first with thier "ugly-plastic-crappy-trigger'd" Glock first.

TDean vs cpty1.

cpty1 is #1 in the top 20 "A" lim-10 and #3 in the top 20 Production "A".

Go Team Ancient

Oh man SingleStack, I don't stand a chance!  But I'll give it a "shot"  Go Chris!

Hey Brian, where're those "Team Ancient" Shirts?

You know, the ones that are long sleeve with Team Ancient on the back and -www.BrianEnos.com- down the sleeves with logos of all the manufacturers you're a distributor for.  Oh, and our names on the front.

$20 per shirt?

Tdean: figures...I think it was in '98 that I came close to GM...lol..they changed just after...it was done monthly prior to that..I guess they swiched back...since I stopped caring too much about the classification thing I guess I never noticed they changed...oh well

Pat

• 5 weeks later...

I see USPSA ran the scores a couple of days early this month. I moved up from B Limited to A Limited, but I am only at 76 per cent. Looks like it might be a long haul to Master, but that's my goal.

It's been a long time since I have worked on Limited 10 so I think I'll knock the dust off of my single stack and shoot it for a while. Maybe Bonedaddy will drag his single stack out to a couple of club matches and we can have a little "competitive fun".

No matter what the classifiers say, there is no way am I ready for Master. With all of the talk about grandbagging,  I don't want to diminish the value of holding a Master class card so I think it's time to shoot a few major matches to see what it's like to be humble.

Anyone else move up?

Congrat to all.

Ron, Go kick Sam's butt...or at least keep him honest.

David,  Way to go.  (I was squaded with David at the Lim Nationals.  He was easily the best shooter on our squad.  I wish I could have shot a bit better and gave him some competition...though I don't think it would have effected him much.  He seems to know the secrete...he shoots to his ability.)

Chris,  Cool.  Master with a Glock?

I want to thank everyone for the kind words.  This forum (which ultimately translates to the people contributing) is an awesome knowledge pool and sounding board.   And yes, I like to throw in a few equipment handicaps to go with my varying physical and mental ones.  A guy's got to have some balance you know.  Who knows, I might even break down and buy a real holster now.  Maybe I could find a good used Ghost cheap.....Singlestack?

Hey....

I brought it to the last match. Where were you? Missed shooting with ya.

P.S. I have studied you in slow motion on video and I wish you would point out the "handicaps" you refer to! Talk about economy of motion! Always in the right place and always shooting instead of doing something else.

Way to go, guys. David, you should go shoot some big matches in L10 before the system catches up to you!

All the classisifers USPSA entered for me this month were rejected as unworthy for computing my average and stamped "B". Right before that my so-close-to GM-I-can-taste-it 93+% average was dragged down by a streak of low M scores while at the same time some of my best scores dropped off as too old and were stamped "E". I lost two at 96, a 99, and a 100.

(The USPSA classification system's unofficial motto: What Have You Done for Me Lately?)

• 2 months later...

I just squeaked in to A class at 75.668%.  Another two 80+% 'ers are going in though, so the average should go up some next month.

Thanks to everyone here for the help.  I have benefitted immensely from Brian's book and this site.

DVC

D. Bryant Chaffin

A-43915