Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

After 15 or so years

Shooter Grrl

Quote: from Shooter Grrl on 1:35 am on Jan. 21, 2003

it's been, gulp, 18 years since I attended a college class - ohmygawdican'tbethatdamnedold!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, you must have been some child prodigy to be taking college classes as an eleven year old!  

And 100%, how cool is that?  Next thing you know you'll be graduating with honors and moving to B Class in the same year.....

My college career started two years ago at age 35. I will graduate from my local two year college this summer and transfer to University next fall is search of a law degree. After being out of the loop for 18 plus years, I realize that things are WAY different that they were in my school days. 3.81 G.P.A. gives you INSTANT credibility and my grey hair has the younger generation calling me Professor. Good luck to you S.G. and if you need a math tuitor I'll give you my daughters e-mail address. She works wonders for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow - I just reread this whole thread - did you know that I love you guys :) I'm sure most of you remember that I lost my tuition assistance with that stupid california job that laid me off... well, the new company covers it after 5 months - May 1 was my 5 month anniversary, May 13 was the first day of my Business Law class :)

I"M BACK in school and it feels wonderful! I've already needed KellyN but struggled through it on my own.

Shooter Grrl,

Congrats. Hang in there, I'm living proof that if I can, anyone can. I finished my BS in Management in 1999 after 27 years (off and on) of college. I mananged to finish college before my son completed high school.

As for math. One of my buddies had an instructor whose favorite saying was"Mathmatics is not a spectator sport" implying that you have to play the game not just watch it.

I wish you well

Dennis

After 15 or so years.... I'm finally almost 18 :D - hahaha, sorry

Gawd Lee - that's the most awful thing I've ever heard. Do you realize that I"m old enough to be your damn mother???!?!?!?!?

Somebody get rid of the kid :)