Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Source For Once Fired 9mm Brass

nontactical

I found that the range is a good place to get it for free, as lots of people think that WWB is cheap enough they don't need to reload. I agree with them and encourage them to continue in that belief. I need to get me some shirts printed with "Sponsored by people to lazy to pick up their own brass" on the back.

I found that the range is a good place to get it for free, as lots of people think that WWB is cheap enough they don't need to reload. I agree with them and encourage them to continue in that belief. I need to get me some shirts printed with "Sponsored by people to lazy to pick up their own brass" on the back.

Just so long as you don't put my name first on that list. I reload, but like the WWB crowd, only pick up brass after practice sessions....

Try visiting an indoor public range and talk to the manager. I buy my 9mm, 40 & 45 brass from a local indoor range. They sell it to me for scrape prices (that's what most of them do with it, sell it for scrape). Even with the current high prices of metals, I get a 5 gallon bucket for $45.00

Edited to add: a 5 gal bucket of 9mm is 7000 pcs of brass and a 5 gal bucket of 40 is about 5000 pcs of brass.

Larry

Edited by LJE

I would second the go to the range and scrounge. Also keep an eye on ebay. When I started stockpiling I could get it for around .01 a piece its now harder but when I see large quantities on there I'll eyeball it until it closes and snatch it up for a good price sometimes....sometimes not. Most of my 9mm is Federal with winchester being second. Also if you go to IDPA matches they seem to be more inclined to pick up the brass after each shooter, just ask if anybody wants there and pick it up. The USPSA matches I go to they wait until the end so you only get whats on a certain stage and sometimes it belongs to the SOs.

• 4 weeks later...