Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open 2007

Blkbrd thanks. I'm going to enter Open Division and shoot Sat/Sun. Looks like I'll make the week after the match a family vacation in Orlando.

Why not Revo????

LOL because the Dark Side has spoken. Funny you ask as I was setting up my 627, trigger job and C-More tonight for the ICORE season. 07 will be all about the red dot!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pdoyle,

I would assume that most got the squadding that they requested. No promises that any significant changes can be made this late in the game.

Just a reminder for those that have not sent in their application, the entry fee goes up after January 10th.

What are the procedures for shipping ammunition? Alternately, what are the laws in FL for buying ammunition if you are from out-of-state? I'm trying to figure out how to go to this match, but I'm a bit intimidated by the various restrictions on flying with guns, shipping hazmat, etc.

Can anyone help out?

H.

What are the procedures for shipping ammunition? Alternately, what are the laws in FL for buying ammunition if you are from out-of-state? I'm trying to figure out how to go to this match, but I'm a bit intimidated by the various restrictions on flying with guns, shipping hazmat, etc.

Can anyone help out?

H.

We are talking about Florida (The Gunshine state), if the carrier is willing to ship the ammo, it is fine within the state. I know that, in the past, it has been permitted to ship the ammo to Frank Garcia's school and it is stored until the match. If that is a possibility for you, let me know and I can get information about the address and any special procedures necessary.

The only requirement to purchse ammo, that I am aware of, is that you are over 18/21 years of age.

Another alternative might be to contact USPSA about their match ammo deal where you are assured to make major. The prices are allegedly reasonable and they can ship directly to the match.

Can anyone help out?

H.

We are talking about Florida (The Gunshine state), if the carrier is willing to ship the ammo, it is fine within the state. I know that, in the past, it has been permitted to ship the ammo to Frank Garcia's school and it is stored until the match. If that is a possibility for you, let me know and I can get information about the address and any special procedures necessary.

The only requirement to purchse ammo, that I am aware of, is that you are over 18/21 years of age.

Another alternative might be to contact USPSA about their match ammo deal where you are assured to make major. The prices are allegedly reasonable and they can ship directly to the match.

Thanks for the info. It's starting to look like it would be cheaper to just by WWB in Florida than to try and ship reloads down.

H.

Thanks for the info. It's starting to look like it would be cheaper to just by WWB in Florida than to try and ship reloads down.

H.

Provided that you can find WWB in the caliber of your choice on the day(s) before the match. At times that can become quite scarce.

H.

Provided that you can find WWB in the caliber of your choice on the day(s) before the match. At times that can become quite scarce.

Jesus, the more I read up on this, the bigger the nightmare gets. I guess I'm shooting what I can buy when I get there. After ORM charges, shipping would have been nearly sixty dollars!!

H.

Jesus, the more I read up on this, the bigger the nightmare gets. I guess I'm shooting what I can buy when I get there. After ORM charges, shipping would have been nearly sixty dollars!!

H.

Is there a reason you aren't bringing it with you? You should be able to get by with 400 on the plane.

H.

Is there a reason you aren't bringing it with you? You should be able to get by with 400 on the plane.

Maybe in 9mm, but in .40 I figure I can only bring about 250 rounds. I'm thinking the directors would frown on mix-and-match ammo, and 290+ means I need 350 or so.

Atlanta Arms seems pretty reasonable, so I might just go with them.

H.

Last year was my first FLOpen, and I mailed about 300 rounds to the hotel (shipped UPS it wasn't but $15, or so), and brought another 200 on the plane. I've brought 300 rounds of .40S&W in the past on an airplane, for another match, but the TSA guy had to get a supervisor, etc...Hassle.

Then, on the drive from the airport, I stopped at the WalMart and bought a couple boxes of Remington .40. <shrug>

I plan on doing the same, this year. I definately want some on the plane with me, so, no matter what, I can get through the first day.

Last year was my first FLOpen, and I mailed about 300 rounds to the hotel (shipped UPS it wasn't but $15, or so), and brought another 200 on the plane. I've brought 300 rounds of .40S&W in the past on an airplane, for another match, but the TSA guy had to get a supervisor, etc...Hassle.

Then, on the drive from the airport, I stopped at the WalMart and bought a couple boxes of Remington .40. <shrug>

I plan on doing the same, this year. I definately want some on the plane with me, so, no matter what, I can get through the first day.

Did you declare it as ORM-D material, or am I missing something?

H.

I used the USPSA ammo last year and it was a mistake, verrry dirty. This year I'm shipping it all to my folks in Naples and will pick it up prior to driving to the match. Unfortunately there is no "UPS Ground" from Hawaii so it will go FEDEX.

Wow, FEDEX bangs you hard on everything. I sent stuff up to Tenn for the Tenn Sec and it was a boatload of money. I then sent the ammo up that weighed nearly as much and it was half the price w/ UPS.

You should just bring some on the plane like Smitty said and then maybe ship a little, or just pick up a couple boxes when you get here.

Anybody know about squadding yet....Dirtpool??

Pat

OK Pat, this from Wadette...

Keith Dilworth, Pat, Mark Nunly, Jodi, Orville & Gail from Jamaica, Kevin Insco, Tony Mastrachio, Lee Siira, Jim Fessler and you. Room for 1 more on that squad. As I said before the squads are getting hard to move folks around as most can only take 2 or 3 more.

Should be a good group. Any takers on the last slot??

Wadette said there ain't no Stupor Squad, the guys are too spread out. Maybe we can grab Smitty so we figure out how to run stuff.

Zhunter, jump in there.

Edited by dirtypool40

I used the USPSA ammo last year and it was a mistake, verrry dirty. This year I'm shipping it all to my folks in Naples and will pick it up prior to driving to the match. Unfortunately there is no "UPS Ground" from Hawaii so it will go FEDEX.

If you're in Honolulu PM me and I can ship it for you. My business partner is on vacation there this week leaving Friday. She can fly it back home and ship from the West Coast for you (Seattle).

Anyone know if the sqadding list will be posted on the website prior to the match. Im betting we'll find out when we get ready for the walk thru. :huh:

Hey Eric----you didn't get all the squads?? Only yours???

Edited by Hotwings2001

Anyone know if the sqadding list will be posted on the website prior to the match. Im betting we'll find out when we get ready for the walk thru. :huh:

Hey Eric----you didn't get all the squads?? Only yours???

Since everything is subject to change, you usually know (for sure) when you pick up your shooters packet the day before the match. In the past it has never been posted before the match.