Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 650 Casefeeder Plugging Up With Cases

I only load .40 and .45, but I get the same thing + a lot of upsidedown cases if I overfill the case feeder. Found a 12 oz coffee can that is the perfect size. Can't remember the last time I had a problem.

Are you useing the white funnle adpater?-----------Larry

It didnt come with one. I called Dillon then and they told me they were not using them anymore.

I didn't get one with my recently (June) purchased 650, either. When loading .32 ACP, the cases would jam either in the funnel or get flipped upside down.

I called Dillon and they sent me one. I can't imagine why they "wouldn't use them anymore" unless there was some significant change in the casefeeder's funnel geometry. Has there been?

I only load .40 and .45, but I get the same thing + a lot of upsidedown cases if I overfill the case feeder. Found a 12 oz coffee can that is the perfect size. Can't remember the last time I had a problem.

I use the same 12 oz can to limit the number of cases in the hopper at one time. I have found that when the hopper is not filled over about 1/3 of the way to the top the case slots in the hopper have a much greater percentage of filled slots than when the hopper is filled with more brass - closer to the top. I am presently running an RL 1050 (.40) side by side to a second RL 1050 (.40) that does not have the white funnel adapter. The 1050 without the white adapter jams up MUCH more often than the one with the adapter. YMMV. :)

I have 2 650's. One set up for 9mm/38 Super and one set up for .40. I don't use the funnel in either and I don't have a problem.

I *used* to have a problem with 9mm (not Super) until I anchored the case feeder to the shelf behind it. I found that when the press moved at all the case feeder moved more and 9mm cases did wierd things. Most of these problems started when I mounted the press on a strong mount. Even on a rigid 250 pound bench, the case feeder would "wiggle" when I was at the top (sizing) or bottom (priming) of the stroke.

You also need to make sure that the actuaror arm for the microswitch in the case feeder chute is adjusted properly.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem. I load 45 ACP and every now and then I'll get a case that jams sideways in the funnel at the top. I tried the white plastic and all that does is cause the 45 ACP casing to get jammed in between the grey plate and white plastic every time.

Now when I run this press with 40's small pistol grey plastic and no white funnel adaptor. I have no problems.

Any ideas on what to try next?

45's will not drop out of the small pistol, I tried to save a small step.

ok, How do you adjust the white plastic?

Far as I can tell it is a drop in piece.

I also tried both motor speeds high and low. Same result ever 100 or so rounds A pile up happens in the funnel.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never used the white funnel with the 9mm. However when i load 32 acp I find that I have to have it. It is the only way that the tinly shells will feed. My Dad says he uses it for 380 acp but I dont load that cal. have you tried to adjust the clutch????

I never had to do it but I see it inthe manual all the time.

And the funnel is a simple drop in piece.

Hiro

Gregory K,

The white plastic guide can be flipped over and re-installed. I had to reverse the one that came in the first 650. I don't know if this is true with the newer case feeders - mine are both 8 or 9 years old.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem with my 2 month old 1050 super.

A call to Dillon resulted in not needing the adaptor if you have the round funnel. Guess what? You need something.

I had a piece of 1 x 1/2 teflon rail and just used a spring loaded paper clip to hold it in place - no more pile ups.