Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idpa Nationals

firewalker

After reading thru the topic titles i thought i would start a thread on positive parts of our sport.

This will be my third nationals, i shot in 04 and 05. Both experiences were a blast. I met a lot of good shooters. I was a RO at both events and will be this year.

The courses of fire were challenging as my shooting progresses, I am looking foward to working with everyone again this year and hope to meet more shooters, and mostly just have a good time. :P

Good shooting if you are going

Frederick Haring

I'll be there Thursday Shooting ESP Master.

I'm shooting Thursday (SSP sharpshooter) in squad 1.

I see a couple of Steves shooting Thursday, but none in my squad.

Anyway, if you see a tall old blonde, say Hi :)

Jane Fleming

OK we need name tags or secret hand signals or something!!!! There is an enosverse name tag somewhere on there. that would make things cool!

I will have my name on a black shirt fornt and back be wearing a brown vest.

Jane. I am squadded with Bob, or Robert Vogel (law enforcment) he shoots SSP MA

I'll say Hi to anyone i can... anybody know a good dinner spot for wednesday night maybe we could say hi or something?

OK we need name tags or secret hand signals or something!!!! There is an enosverse name tag somewhere on there. that would make things cool!

I'll say Hi to anyone i can... anybody know a good dinner spot for wednesday night maybe we could say hi or something?

The Butcher Shop (or Block) is just south of the Holiday Inn that was used last year as the match hotel. Best 20oz or 30oz steaks you'll EVER have. Enjoy.

Aha! I see you in squad 3 :)

As for secret handshakes, somebody posted this nametag.

Here's another, a bit cleaner. After you open it in Word, you can click on the S&W logo and hit Delete.

I understand we'll have match nametag badges as well.

Although at a half inch under 6 feet tall and (albeit from a bottle :P ) blonde... I'm not hard to recognize. For some reason, I've kept a pic of me bobbling a reload.. And an older (but still recognizable) pic from my teaching days.

I'm vegetarian and have already located an Indian restaurant a few blocks from the hotel. So I guess I'll be following my own different drummer yet again B) I see from the mailer that Thursday shooters need to sign in at the match hotel "no later than Wednesday night".

I'm looking forward to putting faces with some of the names I've seen here, on IDPAforum, and elsewhere.

Edited by Jane

The Butcher Shop (or Block) is just south of the Holiday Inn that was used last year as the match hotel. Best 20oz or 30oz steaks you'll EVER have. Enjoy.

Yum, dead cow sounds good to me. Sorry Jane, I can't go with just veggies.

It's hard to see Robert Vogel, as he will be dressed all in BLACK. Head to toe ;)

Do you even need concealment garments when no one can see you! B)

For those of you who have been to the nats in Little Rock before, you may have been advised by me or others to eat at Gaucho’s. I wanted to let you know that they have moved. Gaucho’s is now a lot closer to the hotel. They are about 300 yards north of the hotel. Turn right out of the main parking lot onto shackleford, go through the stop light and then take the next left on top of the hill. You will see the sign on the right side.

For those that have not eaten here, I very highly recommend it. Gaucho’s is an Argentinean Grill. If you have never been to one you are really missing out. Do the all you can eat thing. At first they bring out big plates with garlic mashed potatoes, rice, black beans, and caramelized bananas. They also bring out several different dipping sauces but I have never used them because the meat is so good and the meat is plentiful.

There are servers wondering around with these huge skewers with all kinds of meat on them. Pork loin, top round, sausages, meatballs, mutton, chicken parmesan and lots more. There are at least 4 different meats cooked several different ways. Then there is also the pineapple. If you have not tried roasted pineapple then you don't know what you are missing.

There is a little disk on the table that is green on one side and red on the other. Simply enough, green means bring it on and red means I'm stuffed. :wacko: If you are a big meat eater then this is the only way to go. :lol:

As an aside, I do not work for, nor receive compensation from Gaucho’s. I just think it’s the best place to eat in Little Rock. If you have any questions let me know.

Robert

just a quikc qustion about nationals, is it a lost brass match?

does that mean a compettor will get penalized if he picks up brass while he is waiting for his turn to shoot a stage?

let me see, 200 rounds minimum, 315 shooters = 63,000 pieces of brass left laying on the ground who gets it?

i's only bringun it up because i went to a large match once and these people who i guess were members of the host club came in and swiped up all our brass while we went out for lunch. came back to shoot in the afternoon and we were like "where's our brass?"

i thought that was poo poo.

let me see, 200 rounds minimum, 315 shooters = 63,000 pieces of brass left laying on the ground who gets it?

Usually it's the home club or the SOs. I'm still shooting the .45 ACP brass I picked up at the end of the 2000 TX state match. ;)

Having said that, I doubt if anyone would fuss if you scrounged some yourself. Check first, though.

Lost brass means lost brass. I know it hurts to lose brass. Especially 45.. and it's painful to loose 38 super stuff.

If shooters take the time to pick up brass they aren't pasting this thows the whole match schedule off by increasing wait times for other competitors on stages. It's amazing how down to the minute stage planning is on a match of this magnitude.

hey steve, revchuck and jim watson, thakn you fer the replies. i'm not going to nationals. i just think it was totla Bull Hockey what I saw at that one match. A whole freakin' family out there scrounging brass while were out trying to eat our lunch the whole time thinking that we will be able to pick our brass up after the match. they probably turned right around and sold it on ebay or back to some of the club members/match participants.

no, i'm not saying skipping out on the pasting duties to be a brass whore. we all know there's a few seconds here and there between shooters and pasting where you can grab some brass. even if i was an SO or MD and I saw some competitor totally blowing off his squadmates and their pasting efforts in order to scrounge brass, i'd ding that person too. unless it was something already pre-arranged with the squadmates, maybe they all split up the brass later, i dunno.

a couple more questions for you all about IDPA nats:

1. To win something off the raffle table, do you have to be present when they draw the raffle tickets?

2. What if you signed up to shoot nat's and something came up where you couldn't be there and shoot it, do you still get a raffle ticket?

3. Is there a # to call to see if you won anything? Could one of your buds pick that item up for ya and bring it back?

Last years nationals there was a prize ticket inside the shooters bag that you recieved. Exchange it at the IDPA prize table. It was totally random, and i suppose if you gave a friend your ticket they could pick up the prize for you. The table was open during lunch and most times i was there.

Frederick

hey steve, revchuck and jim watson, thakn you fer the replies. i'm not going to nationals. i just think it was totla Bull Hockey what I saw at that one match. A whole freakin' family out there scrounging brass while were out trying to eat our lunch the whole time thinking that we will be able to pick our brass up after the match. they probably turned right around and sold it on ebay or back to some of the club members/match participants.

It's typical for major matches put on by any organization to be "lost brass" matches. As stated before, with the tight scheduling of the squads in an attempt to allow everyone to finish shooting in the time allotted, the squads cannot be delayed by the SO or RO constantly having to ask the brass pickup artists to please move behind the firing line. Whether at the USPSA Nationals, USPSA Area matches, IDPA State Championships, or IDPA National Chamionship, brass stays on the range, period.

For the host clubs who put on the major matches, the benefit of being able to keep all of the brass left behind is small payment for the amount of effort and work it takes to put on the match.