Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Changing Front Sight

Northern Xtreme

I dont know of any QUALITY brand-name aftermarkets sights that DONT include the tool. It's a necessary part of the installation.

STEPS

1. Remove the slide and barrel.

2. Use a needle or a tiny finish nail to remove the wedge in the bottom of the Glock factory sight.

3. Use a pair of pliers to remove the sight from the top side.

I dont know of any QUALITY brand-name aftermarkets sights that DONT include the tool. It's a necessary part of the installation.

Hmmm. The Warren-Sevigny Competition sights don't come with any tool. Kind of a

PITA, as the hex head screw it just a l-i-t-t-l-e bit bigger than the standard 3/16".

I just grab the plastic front sight with the plyers and work it right out...skipping the wedge removal. (Of course, I don't care if I hurt it much either.)

I use the Glock armorer approved method of hooking the front sight on the edge of the work bench and then whacking the muzzle end of the slide with my palm --- works every time....

I just grab the plastic front sight with the plyers and work it right out...skipping the wedge removal. (Of course, I don't care if I hurt it much either.)

I use the Glock armorer approved method of hooking the front sight on the edge of the work bench and then whacking the muzzle end of the slide with my palm --- works every time....

I also use this method with Glock's factory staked night sights. The only way to get them off.

Edited by Lawman

Hmmm. The Warren-Sevigny Competition sights don't come with any tool. Kind of a

PITA, as the hex head screw it just a l-i-t-t-l-e bit bigger than the standard 3/16".

A few months ago, I replaced the Dawson fiber-optic front with a Sevigny (plain, black). Pissed me off, too, that they use different-sized screws.

Digging around, I discovered one of the hex-head sockets in a Craftsman socket-drive set worked *perfectly*, and was just slight enough in diameter to fit through the hole....Don't remember what size it was, but can look later, if you'd like.

*QUOTE*

Don't remember what size it was

3/16

The standard Glock front sight screw socket IS 3/16".

The Warren-Sevigny hex head screw is just enough bigger that it will NOT fit the Glock

sight tool socket--or at least it won't fit the socket on my tool.

Just a guess, but I would bet it's 5mm (.1968) rather than 3/16" (.1875)

Bill

Dawson is the way to go.Super easy to install and works great!

I love mine. But, what ever sight you get, if it has a screw to lock it place, don't overtighten it. Broken screw heads rattling around inside the slide do not make for happy Glocks nor happy Glock shooters.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38787