Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Section Championship 2006

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back home a while ago.

This was the only "travelling" match of the year that I was feeling refreshed and "untired" when I got home in spite of the travelling, and it was still daylight...

I had a wonderfull time. It was little bit painfull to shoot (with a busted shoulder that has not let me participate in most local matches for the last two months), but the enthusiasm of my squad members (#1 the Super-Squad :D ) was very contagious and I did not feel a twang of pain at all, although I made a "few" silly mistakes. Yes, I should have listened to Dean Makkos when he advised me it wouldn't be wise to re-shoot stage three... :(:huh:

I was one of those who contributed "prizes" for the match, and it was a pleasure to do so. Ray, you can count with me for next year's match to up this years ante! :D

Congrats to Dirtypool, Smitty and all the winners! B)

To Ray, Sheryl, sponsors/donors and match staff,

Thank you very much! This has been the GRANDEST small match I've ever attended! Small because it was only 8 stages but what it didn't have in quantity had in QUALITY!!

Thanks also to all who had words of praise or advice for my sons. It means a lot the us.

In the words of the governator: I'll be back!

;)

After all was said and done, I want to congratulate Ray and his crew on the best “Fancy Local Match” I have ever attended. For all you guys that did not get to shoot it, too bad. You missed an excellent match.

Ray, if you ever organize another of these “Fancy Local Matches”, count me. I promise I will never ever fuss about the registration fee. Next year however, I will be wearing my red tuxedo to the Saturday night diner event.

Congrats to all the Winners.

It is cool to call these guys my friends, cuz I know them and they won, Smitty, Dirtypool, and Nemo.

It was awesome to see everyone again, been too long, ( Read work is great, but it keeps me from shooting enough )

Thanks to Ray and all the people behind the scenes!!!

Great Match, I will look forward to shooting it next year!!!

Congrats to all the winners.

I was one of the embedded ROs and here are my afterthoughts.

As the day went on my shooting went downhill. It may not have had anything to do with being RO but I was very tired Saturday night. I do prefer to shoot with all the ROs the day before and run one stage the entire match, but from a match directors point of view it means an extra match day. It is hard enough just putting together a local 5 stage match. Even though I shot bad, I still had a good time. My squad showed respect for my job and everyone stuck to the rules and made my job a little easier. I will probably volunteer next year because I like to do my part of giving back to the sport. Y'all will just have to listen to me wine again after the match. Ray. Thanks again for putting on a great match and treating the ROs well and especially for having stages that were not revolver unfriendly

What a FUN match!!! The props and stages were great! Thanks to all who put in the hard work to make this match happen! The digilight was the coolest thing ever put in a shooter bag/welcome packet. :D

Once again... it's great to meet people and hang out with friends.

I ended up with quite a bit of video footage. Short of time at the moment (uh, Nationals and such) we had a little fun with some of the video footage... Sandro, just be thankful you're not wearing a lime green thong... ;)

Here it is!!!

Cute video Sharyn, although for my money there is no substitute for the CLASSIC jam-o-matic montage set to "Long Neck Bottle" from the S FL section last year.

Great to see you again, good luck at the Nats.

Ray, as always, great stages, and a big time at Tico. thanks.

Congrats to all the division winners! I would like to thank everyone behind the scenes that made this a challenging and safe match. Personally, I'm hoping that I shot all of the mikes out of my gun for a long, long time... :) I'm looking forward to the next match.

Late reply, I was at nats.

Fun match, stages were very good which is the most important thing about a match for me. Hopefully this will become an annual event. I know I'll be back. Big thanks to Ray and all the folks that made it happen.

Regarding the incident Jack brought up in the Nats thread, it was no big deal. Just a case of some folks not understanding the rules. Probably my fault as I happened to shoot first on that stage.

Our squad was made to reshoot the stage which was fine with a lot of people on the squad as they had some mistakes on the first run. Plus we got another stage for our buck. I was actually faster one the second run when I shot it as it was IDPA'ed......Oops, I mean intended. :lol:

Long live 1.1.5

Late reply, I was at nats.

Fun match, stages were very good which is the most important thing about a match for me. Hopefully this will become an annual event. I know I'll be back. Big thanks to Ray and all the folks that made it happen.

Regarding the incident Jack brought up in the Nats thread, it was no big deal. Just a case of some folks not understanding the rules. Probably my fault as I happened to shoot first on that stage.

Our squad was made to reshoot the stage which was fine with a lot of people on the squad as they had some mistakes on the first run. Plus we got another stage for our buck. I was actually faster one the second run when I shot it as it was IDPA'ed......Oops, I mean intended. :lol:

Long live 1.1.5

:D

pat