Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ccf Raceframe

rstandley

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can buy every single part for a Glock from several suppliers. The Caspian slide costs $199 with a dealer account at Brownells. The LWD barrel is $89.

That's correct. You would also need a striker, extractor, etc, unless the Caspian comes with all internal parts.

Does it Joe?

If not, you may be better off $-wise, to get a used Glock of your choice and sell the frame.

I'll buy the fame for the right price :D

You will just blow up the frame. :P The slide is bare. It does not have the large hole in it, nor does it have the beveled front. They can bevel the front for $22.

A SS frame with slide might be a pretty interesting combo. Plenty of weight there.

You will just blow up the frame. :P

I resemble that comment!

Actually, the frame involved in the "incident" is still in service and running fine. The slide and barrel on the other hand . . . :o

If not, you may be better off $-wise, to get a used Glock of your choice and sell the frame.

I like that idea.

Since I've never owned a Glock, I don't even know how many parts it takes to build one.

I could get a used Glock for parts, save the frame, and when I decide to upgrade the metal frame with all new parts, rebuild and resell the old Glock.

Bill

The Caspian slide costs $199 with a dealer account at Brownells.

Joe - I have a gift certificate to Brownells, but I can't find the Caspian Glock slide there. I've searched the on-line catalog and the hard copy I have.

Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Got to shoot my friends CCF this weekend. B) It's the stainless lower and he has a 35 slide on it. I only had minor loads available and it felt like a .22. He tells me major rounds don't feel like much more. The gun overall is HEAVY, I'm pretty certain it is heavier then my all steel 1911. Not much to say beyond that really. It feels and aims like a Glock, just doesn't recoil NEAR as much and the front checkering is more aggressive feeling on your hand. It looks to be the same cut/design, it's just sharper in steel. I also wanted to try the alternate backstrap but he only had the "glock" one with him. We are thinking that an Open Glock with this lower and a nice comp would shoot incredibly flat without much effort but nobody will know until they try I guess :D

Edited by KSmoker

yeah I don't think, until they get a magwell feature, that i will get one at this point. For a limited it would be awsome to get rid of the muzzle flip but i like the way my reloads feel with the magwell on.

Great information Smoke. thanks for posting.

Got to shoot my friends CCF this weekend. B) It's the stainless lower and he has a 35 slide on it. I only had minor loads available and it felt like a .22. He tells me major rounds don't feel like much more. The gun overall is HEAVY, I'm pretty certain it is heavier then my all steel 1911. Not much to say beyond that really. It feels and aims like a Glock, just doesn't recoil NEAR as much and the front checkering is more aggressive feeling on your hand. It looks to be the same cut/design, it's just sharper in steel. I also wanted to try the alternate backstrap but he only had the "glock" one with him. We are thinking that an Open Glock with this lower and a nice comp would shoot incredibly flat without much effort but nobody will know until they try I guess :D

Thanks for the report. Was he using the Glock slide or the Caspian slide?

Thanks for the report. Was he using the Glock slide or the Caspian slide?

He's using a stock Glock slide except the front sight was a fiber. I think all the internals were stock as well (trigger sure felt like it) :ph34r: . We were talking a bit and he does have a Caspian slide somewhere that isn't being used. Can't remember if it is a 22 or a 35 though. I'll see if he might throw that together and see if it works.

I might like one for my 21, but of course they don't make a large frame.

All the mag funnels I've seen for Glocks are bolted to a slug plug type thing. There's no void at the back of the Raceframe because of the interchangable grip inserts.

I think the article on the Raceframes is in the Guns Annual magazine.

I might be able to weld one on. Don't really want to ruin a brand new CCF frame. Would be good for my G21 for production though.

What Flex is getting at is that a CCF frame is not legal for Production. Not even close.

i meant L10 with no magwell would be a good shooting 9mm.

Would this would be Limited legal??

"Any complete handgun or components produced by a factory and available

to the general public for one year and 500 produced. Prototypes are specifically

not allowed."

Anyone know for sure??