Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone Seeing Something Wrong In This Picture?

dfwmiket

Geez, Mike! Glad no one got hurt in that mess!!! Was that your toy or Patty's??

Inquiring minds are going to want to know - what bullet, powder, etc??? Looks like an obstructed bore type of issue from here, but what do I know??? The detonations I've seen (too much fast powder) usually don't leave the case whole, and have all left the front of the barrel intact....

It was Patty's Vanek trigger Glock..... squib round. Thankfully no one was hurt...

Like a dumbass I took the powder sensor off the Dillon sometime back because I 'didn't need it'........ KKM barrel, 4.3 g of Titegroup, MG 180 bullets.... squib was stuck, other round did the kaboom.

Time to spec out a new one, order some parts and get her back in action!

This time I can improve any of the things she didn't like on this one. :)

Mike

PS.....Charlie, new business coming your way real soon!! :D

Edited by cnemikeman

Dave...I actually don't think it cycled fully. Patty said she had a malfunction, so she did the 'tap/rack/bang' routine......... and that was the kaboom.

She wears very secure earplugs and she can barely hear anything at all with them in..... so she didn't 'hear' the squib... only saw the malfunction.

She grabbed up my gun and finished up the match ( that's my girl!) and is fine. Thing that sucks is we're taking the Max Michel class next weekend, and all of sudden find ourselves down a gun... and not just a gun, but a tricked out to suit her gun. I'm very thankful she wasn't hurt. Got a spare open gun to loan till we get another Glock built? LOL

Mike

Got a spare open gun to loan till we get another Glock built?

Heh heh... I can loan you my L-10 gun (SS .40), but I'm going to be using my Open gun that weekend, so.... ;)

Don't sweat the Glock at all. In fact, it did it's job better than I had ever hoped. The fault lies totally with the ammo, not the gun. Glock will run solid forever, and if you are shooting factory ammo, even less to worry about.

I love my Glocks! :)

Mike