Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When The Wife "gets It ". (no Not That)

Kyreb

Moving to Houston has its benefits!

My wife and I just completed our TX CHL requirements over the weekend. A light went off for my bride when she was practicing for her qualification. She decided she likes to shoot!

After 26 years together and really, really trying to get her serious about shooting, she gets it! She is shooting my tricked out G-17 with a passion...really leaning into it and shooting like she means it. Her CHL qualification was in the 85% range after only a couple range trips.

Last night she even curled up with Jeff Cooper's " Principles of Self Defense" before bed.

Hopefully, that first match is not far away.... :)

Moving to Houston has its benefits!

My wife and I just completed our TX CHL requirements over the weekend. A light went off for my bride when she was practicing for her qualification. She decided she likes to shoot!

After 26 years together and really, really trying to get her serious about shooting, she gets it! She is shooting my tricked out G-17 with a passion...really leaning into it and shooting like she means it. Her CHL qualification was in the 85% range after only a couple range trips.

Last night she even curled up with Jeff Cooper's " Principles of Self Defense" before bed.

Hopefully, that first match is not far away.... :)

Good for her!! My husband had the same "problem" until I found an XD9. Now I meet him at the door with gun bags and ammo in hand!! However, he has decided that this could be a double edged sword -- He traded one of his guns for an HK USP .40 and after I shot it I "took" it away from him!! It is now my new competition gun!! haha

My wife has been shooting with me a year now. I was cleaning the guns Sunday and she wandered in to check out the difference between a tungsten guide rod and a stainless guide rod :D I was thrilled at this new level of interest.

The day before she somehow took over my Para Limited gun. I guess I'm shooting a G35 in Limited now :o

At least I don't have to load .45s for my/her Kimber L-10 gun now.

Good for her!! My husband had the same "problem" until I found an XD9. Now I meet him at the door with gun bags and ammo in hand!! However, he has decided that this could be a double edged sword -- He traded one of his guns for an HK USP .40 and after I shot it I "took" it away from him!! It is now my new competition gun!! haha

Double edged sword indeed... Just wait until she goes to Lady's camps!!!

Seriously, there is nothing better than sharing this passion with the one you love...

Congrats,

Ira

This all sounds too good to be true. You better plan to just stay in "Condition Yellow" from now on. "I was just cleaning my gun when it accidently went off and ...." :D

Congratulations!

....... plan to just stay in "Condition Yellow" from now on.

Scary, but true ...... I know some stories that would make some men think twice about their women learning to shoot ............ :ph34r:

But the important thing is you both found something you can enjoy together. Way to go! B)

• 2 weeks later...

This all sounds too good to be true. You better plan to just stay in "Condition Yellow" from now on. "I was just cleaning my gun when it accidently went off and ...." :D

Congratulations!

After 26 years together, I am not too worried about myself. I think watching the local morning news in Houston probably had a lot more to do with it. ;)