Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving, Hate It And

Merlin Orr

A very real contradiction but I look at this as just a new chapter in a good book...

I have sold out here in Central TX and will be moving to Corpus Christi, TX area within the month.

Hate leaving old friends and shooting buddies here. Lots of good things have happened to me here and met a bunch of really good quality people.

Really looking forward to being in the CC area with more clubs close by and within reasonable driving distance of San Antonio and the clubs around Mc Allen and Brownsville area.

Leaving a really nice setup here but will start over with old lessons learned and build again.

Life is all about change, I guess....

You'll like it in Corpus...not far from Laguna Madre and some really excellent fishing for trout and reds and flounder...wonderful dove and quail hunting in and south of Corpus..close to big deer country..what's not to like..

It is always tough to move anywhere,but give it a chance...Hell I will even drive down and drink a beer when you get it all moved in.. :P

He just wants to be closer to his smith so he can get one day service, hot columbian coffee at the shop, go fishing w/ me in the laguna madre & hang out at the deer lease to hunt.

Hanging with a USPSA GM and a nationally ranking 3 gun wizard probably won't hurt my chances to improve my shooting either....

:D;)

Life is good.

We'll have to go to Hooters with Benny and Larry and tell lies about how well we shoot!

Larry said that your going to look like a New Orleans refugee living in a trailer in front of your unfinished house... :D

Edited by markm

• 2 weeks later...

Merlin,

Enjoy living in Corpus. Sounds like a good place to live. Of course, anywhere in Texas is good. :)

Benny and Larry,

Ya'll don't spend too much time in the shop drinking coffee and lying. Get some work done. :) Tell Ron I said, "Hello!"

Liota

Benny's got to do a little work, I am getting one of his "never miss" Benelli's. Let's see, Hooters, Benny, Fishing, and deer leases? Any properties available for me?? :D My wife says I can live no closer to Benny or else we'll be making his mortgage payment instead of ours!! It's bad enough I live 4 miles from Kurt!!

Well, We made it. Smooth and safe move over and done with. Set up here in our RV in Corpus Christi, TX. All the comforts of home..hehe. We will be living in this "cozy" little RV for at least 5 months - per our builder...

Gonna miss East Central Texas!

Think I'll go down and buy me a half dozen assorted tacos to dull the pain! :D